Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1841159 times)

Micah

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
The sound of someone eating, especially if I'm not eating myself. I have no idea why, but the sound of chewing infuriates me to the point where i want to punch the person. (i have never done this, just felt a strong urge.)

The sound of cardboard rubbing on cardboard. It makes my teeth feel funny and makes me come out in goosebumps every time. The same with the texture of those green, plastic pot scourers. I can't touch them for more than a few seconds without gloves.

People mispronouncing words. I have yelled at the tv on several occasions because the person on the screen has pronounced something wrong.

Anyone but me touching my hair. Another thing that gives me goosebumps.

The feel of soap on my hands. I wash my hands often, but i have to rinse quickly and thoroughly because i loathe that slick sensation. That hand sanitizer stuff is even worse and it smells funny.

I just realized that i have a few sensory issues :-[
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
I thought I was the only one that can't stand the sound of other people eating (if I'm not eating)! 

I also am being driven up the wall right now, at this minute, because a dog somewhere in our neighborhood will not stop barking. I can't go to sleep.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »
Make it a quad.  I can't stand it either, and they don't even have to be smacking.  I can't take gum chewing or popping, either. 

Styrofoam.  The way it sounds makes me want to run screaming.

Can't stand for my socks to be not right.  Too tight, or askew on my foot ..  :-X  Can't take it.

There are more, but my carpal tunnel would kick in and we'd be here all night.  Those are the worst ones, though.

I realized awhile back that I suffered from OCD as a kid (before anyone knew what that was; my sibs just thought I was a little nuts).  I think some of this stuff is carryover from that.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Martienne

• Formerly yello.cape.cod
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
I cannot stand for someone to be touching me with their feet. I don't know what it is exactly, but the skin is thick and tough and a light touch just feels ugh. It's not that feet are rough, it's just that they're feet. I can't explain it.

I don't like it when someone taps me. It makes my skin crawl. One of the first and most important rules my children all learned is DON'T TAP YOUR MOTHER. It makes me want to smack people.

extranormal

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:21:27 AM »
I can't stand it when somebody reads over my shoulder. If I'm reading something, stay away from it.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:21:57 AM »
Puppies licking people in the mouth and face.

I love puppies, kittens, people babies. Just keep the slobber to themselves. Uck, uck,uck!

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »
The sound of the squeaky toy my neighbor uses to try and catch her dog when she gets loose at 6AM. And her, calling the dog over and over again.  It happens at least once a week lady, maybe you should take stronger measures to restrain your dog.

Fingernails on chalkboard.

My husband borrowing my fingernail clippers and forgetting to put them back, forcing me to go find them, just when I really need them, too.

How slow my husband wakes up. Once I'm up, I'm up, and while I intellectually know that people are different, I still just don't get how he can not just be awake.

Also his sleep alarm, because he hits it about 4 times before he gets up. Really annoying when I don't have to be up that early.

Solanna Dryden

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:39:31 AM »
The sound of someone humming.

Scratching your nails on drywall.

When I'm typing and for some reason, the curser jumps to a random place in the text and starts typing in the middle of a random sentence.

People singing.

Honey badger don't care. YOLO

Vegemite Girl

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
People using cutsie words or euphemisims for their genitals or normal bodily functions.

Dogs in public, other than service animals.

Micah

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 12:43:55 AM »
Can't stand for my socks to be not right.  Too tight, or askew on my foot ..  :-X  Can't take it.

This!

And the sound of those high pitched electronic animal scarers people have on their cars. I can hear very high pitched sounds and those things make me twitch.
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 12:49:08 AM »
People using cutsie words or euphemisims for ...

...anything, pretty much.  Working in animal rescue, I get to hear a lot of cutesy names for dog breeds.  It sets my teeth on edge.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
I cannot stand for someone to be touching me with their feet. I don't know what it is exactly, but the skin is thick and tough and a light touch just feels ugh. It's not that feet are rough, it's just that they're feet. I can't explain it..

My husband had better wearing clean socks before he does silly things to me with his feet. It still probably won't work.
Feet! Except for little baby foots (aw!) and really cool animal paws (tigers and bears, wow!) - All else it yuck!
The idea of getting a pedicure is like thinking . . . whoever does the pedicure is really in a 'yuck!' mode while she is working. Never been, won't ever,for her sake.

That's the way I feel about the dental hygienist, but at least she is a medical professional.

I would love to have my eyebrows done, but as much as I love my hairdresser, I can't stand the idea of her looking so closely at me.

Don't smell my food! I ordered shrimp scampi once at a really nice restaurant that we could barely afford at the time, and the waitress actually leaned over and sniffed my food! I talked myself into eating it, as she inhaled only, but she didn't get a tip, and at that time, as now, I usually overtip. Now that I have more of a backbone, I would call her on it and get a new meal and a new server.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 01:45:47 AM »
People who whisper just under their breath.  It gives me the creepy-crawlies.

Talking to me while walking out of the room.

Talking to me while watching a computer screen or the TV.

Getting a piece of sand in my shoe.

When my hair is getting too long and it hangs in my face.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »
*having deep meaningful conversations on the phone. it's hard for me to have a good conversatin if it's not face to face.
*having someone else's hair touch me. like on the bus.
and alot of what was said by PPs.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Honeypickle

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 06:52:18 AM »
Touching wet terracotta with my bare hands.

Licking envelopes to seal them.