Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1738285 times)

extranormal

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »

Story tellers. I'm not talking about people who have the occasional interesting anecdote. I'm talking about the people who have an interesting anecdote for every single conversation that arises.  I have a relative and you cannot have a single conversation with this person without him telling you, right down to the last nitty, gritty detail, about something that happened to him years ago that usually ends with him telling someone (usually important or famous) off.  It makes my eyes glaze over because something tells me he's probably making a lot of it up.

You know my father-in-law, then?

If the conversation lags, somebody in my husband's family is sure to say, "So I told George Shultz...."

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »

Story tellers. I'm not talking about people who have the occasional interesting anecdote. I'm talking about the people who have an interesting anecdote for every single conversation that arises.  I have a relative and you cannot have a single conversation with this person without him telling you, right down to the last nitty, gritty detail, about something that happened to him years ago that usually ends with him telling someone (usually important or famous) off.  It makes my eyes glaze over because something tells me he's probably making a lot of it up.

You know my father-in-law, then?

If the conversation lags, somebody in my husband's family is sure to say, "So I told George Shultz...."

LOL, it's actually mine. 

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 01:17:43 PM »
The sound of a ringing telephone. I *despise* that sound!!!

People who get on the bus while yammering away on their cellphones and don't have their bus pass or money out yet, then spend five minutes digging in their purse/pockets while holding up everyone else!

Not knowing the difference between you're/your, they're/their/there, two/to/too; not capitalizing "I"; not putting apostrophe's in words that have them. Drives me batty!!

Screaming kids running through stores and restaurants.

Using "Mamaw" and "Papaw" instead of "Grandma" and "Grandpa". That irritates me to no end.....

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 01:25:24 PM »
Messed up sheets and blankets.  My husband always kicks the end of the blanket/sheets out and sleeps with his feet uncovered.  This makes the bed almost uninhabitable to me.  It CERTAINLY makes it very uncomfortable for me to sleep in.  My favorite time is weekends when he gets up and goes downstairs - the I can fix the sheets and comforters, climb back in, stretch out, and SLEEP.  There have been several Saturdays or Sundays that I didn't even get up until 4:30/5:00 in the afternoon.

People who make that weird tonguing sound when eating - it isn't chewing, it's more a noise like when a dog is eating peanut butter?  It's hard to explain - it's the tongue against the roof of the mouth noise some people make while eating.  Makes me crazy.

When my socks slide around in my boots.  I'm constantly adjusting them.  I think I need new socks.

Cell phone yakkers.  Whether they're the idiots going 35 in a 45 mph zone, the idiots ignoring the service people checking them out/taking their order/what have you, or the ones that MUST MUST MUST walk their dogs while on their cell phones around my neighborhood because they are That.Important.  And MUST SHOW THE WORLD!

You know, I'm starting to think I'm turning into a crabby old lady.  ;D

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »

You know, I'm starting to think I'm turning into a crabby old lady.  ;D

Welcome to the club!

TylerBelle

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 02:02:59 PM »
Having something sticky on me. Like if I unknowingly stuck my arm in a blob of jelly or honey or something. Gives me chills.

Being spoken to condescendingly.

Ongoing screaming / crying.

Finding a hair in my food.

Being lightly patted, like on the arm, top of the head, the back, etc.

Really loud cell phone talkers in public places like stores, etc. Makes me think they want everyone around to see and hear them talking and so believe they are such the VIP with their attention in high demand and so forth.

The aforementioned chewing and smacking noises of people eating. Also as mentioned, animals licking people in the face, especially at the mouth. Eww. And agree with the sound of humming being annoying, it always makes me think the hummers are furious about something and are trying not to explode.

Anyone but me touching my hair. Another thing that gives me goosebumps.
This is something I actually kind of like. Mainly having someone else brush my hair. I have thought before wouldn't it be a great to have a device similar to a salon type hairdryer where one could put their brush in a sort of mechanism so it can run it over your head as you sit under it? I'd love it.
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 02:10:52 PM »
People quietly singing, humming, or tapping/snapping their fingers to a song in public. Especially when Iím trying to shop or work!

People talking, whispering to themselves whilst working.

Nail clipping noise.

Stray hairs tickling my skin. And now itís happening a lot since Iím letting my hair grow long, ugh.

Being patted on the head.

People wearing shirts that arenít long enough, causing them to rise up and expose their stomach. Especially at work!

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »
Oh, I thought of something else!

Internet trolls....I have never understood the point of trolling. I mean, you're making up whoppers and sitting back waiting to get caught, you're stirring up trouble, you're being a jerk and what are you really accomplishing?

It's just maddening to me when I've gotten involved in a thread only to find out it's a troll.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »
I don't like my top sheet or blanket tucked in, especially at the toes.  Makes my feet feel squished. 

I also cannot stand it when my thighs touch.  I rarely wear skirts or dresses, but when I do, I'm wearing "biking shorts" style underwear.  I also usually sleep with pajama bottoms on (even if I'm sleeping topless).  If I sleep in the buff, I have the sheets tucked between my legs. 

So I essentially end up mummifying myself with the sheets and bedding.  Sweet Pattootie tends to wrap the sheets up around his head (sorta like bird's nest or turban).  So Sweet Pattootie and I each have our own top sheet and blanket on the bed.  Works for us.   8)

The one thing guaranteed to drive me up the wall - when my mothers asks me if I WANT TO clear the dishes/run an errand/do some other chore for her.  Of course I don't WANT to!  I wish she'd just ask me outright.   ::)
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
Being spoken to condescendingly.

Oh, thisthisthis.  I usually have a reeeeally long fuse, but that's the one thing that will tick me off fast.  Being short, young-looking, and female means I get this way too often, too.  >:(
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
When you send out a deadline for something very not-complicated and not-time consuming at work and you get a thousand phone calls with people making excuses about why they can't meet the deadline.

It's a deadline. If you don't meet it, you've missed the deadline and you're put on report.

Seriously. In the time they took to call me and tell me they are "too busy" to do the work, they could have finished it.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

MasterofSquirrels

• hi.
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 03:04:51 PM »
pod being spoken to condecendingly..

whisteling.. i hate it. it may be because i can't.. but still, i hate it. hate it.

close talkers.. ugh. step off already!

mumblers.. open your mouth please and speak!
i hate repeating myself or having to have things repeated to me..

people reading aloud.. whether to me or just because. blech. i hate it.

my mom  ;D she's only 5ft.  ;)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 03:08:25 PM »
What my family calls, "Unnecessary noises."

Anything from whistling to humming, clearing your throat a thousand times, etc.

I understand that sometimes noises can't be helped, but it's annoying nonethe less.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »
Pretentiousness. I cannot, cannot, cannot stand it at all even a little bit.

<snip>

Touchy-feely people. I am a cactus, and very, very few people have touch privileges. Don't cling on me, hang on me, touch me constantly, hug me every two minutes, etc. And never, ever for any reason touch my face.

Me too on both of these.  Especially the touchy-feely people - hands off!  Holding hands with Mr. Sirius is okay, and a hug from my siblings or my aunt I can tolerate.  But that's about it.  

I detest being reminded, nay, nagged about things.  Or one thing my mother used to do:  She'd ask me to remind her of something.  I'd do so.  She'd forget I reminded her, then accuse me of lying when I said I'd told her.  I'm afraid I blew up in a non-EHell-approved fashion the last time it happened.  After that, if she asked me to remind her of something, I'd hang a sign on the refrigerator.  It actually worked better, because then she had a reminder.  

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
I also can't stand to have my legs touching when I'm sleeping. I have to put a body pillow between them.
Also, getting into an unmade bed is not an option for me. It can stay unmade all day but before I get in I have to make it up.