Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1547926 times)

Giggity

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »
One of my FB friends says goodnight by typing 'nig nig' instead of night night. Every time i see it i want to reach through the screen and shake her!

YES! A woman in my office calls URL addresses "wubble you wubble yous". Drives me nuts!

Please tell me that by "woman," you mean "four-year-old."
Words mean things.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »
-People who stop in the middle of the sidewalk to have a conversation. They can block the whole sidewalk and it annoys me.

This has happened several times recently and makes me want to smack someone. It's called a sidewalk, not a sidestand!

Happens about once an hour while I'm working the lanes at my Festival. They're walking ... everyone in front of them is walking ... it's safe to assume that everyone behind them is walking ... and they just STOP.

Fortunately, my character is crazy as an outhouse rat, so I can make a bit out of bumping (or almost) into them that amuses them and keeps me from rudeness.
Words mean things.

tnpenguinbaby

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »
Messed up sheets and blankets.  My husband always kicks the end of the blanket/sheets out and sleeps with his feet uncovered.  This makes the bed almost uninhabitable to me.  

I feel your pain!!  My husband's feet have to 'breathe' at night.  I am an RN.  I have been an RN for 30+ years.  I have repeatedly told him I know for a FACT there are NO respiratory organs in the feet. 

He refuses to believe me.  :-\

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »

People who can’t get to the point in a conversation….if you need something from me, just ask, don’t go around and around and use 10 sentences when one is all you need!  My one CW does that and I want to just scream…..he starts out with "i think i know the answer, but wanted to check anyway...and will then go on and on...only to find out he just wants to know did I fix a file?

UGH, I have a coworker like this.  I hate calling her for anything because a 1 minute conversation turns into 5 because she has to say the same thing 90 times, just in different ways.  Or give long, drawn out explanations that I don't need.  All I want to know is if her boss is available for a meeting.  Not the details on why or why not.

YES! A women in my office calls URL addresses "wubble you wubble yous". Drives me nuts!

I know someone who calls them 'dubya dubya dubya'  It took me FOREVER to figure out what on earth she was talking about.  "I went to the dubya dubya dubya but it didn't work."  What?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:45:45 AM by 2littlemonkeys »

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2010, 11:12:58 AM »
Dogs grooming their front paws.  :-\ I've loved every dog in my life but they've all made 

POD!  I dogsit for friends, and they have a sweet, loveable, elderly lab with skin allergies.  Poor dog is constantly dragging himself on the carpet, and licking himself to relieve the itching.  he can't help it, but there's nothing worse than waking up in the early hours of the morning and hearing "lick, lick, lick" - I normally sleep like the dead, but not there - then she told me her husband shuts the bedroom door so he won't have to listen to him lick!!!  NOW you tell me!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 11:28:52 AM »
-People who stop in the middle of the sidewalk to have a conversation. They can block the whole sidewalk and it annoys me.

This has happened several times recently and makes me want to smack someone. It's called a sidewalk, not a sidestand!

In NYC this is a Class B Etiquette Felony.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »
Here's another one:

reading through threads on messages boards and finding messages posting like this with no punctuation no spelling no grammar no nothing just on big long winding run on sentence that doesnt make any sense at all and it just goes on and on and onand on and on dont they teach grammar and spelling in schools anymore i mean geez louise everhtything is full of chatspeak u knw wht i mn? and it just drives me nuts and i just cant read through crap lik ethis because it makes my eyes burn and my brain melt an di just want to cry

*runs screaming into traffic*

MandiC76

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »

The one thing guaranteed to drive me up the wall - when my mothers asks me if I WANT TO clear the dishes/run an errand/do some other chore for her.  Of course I don't WANT to!  I wish she'd just ask me outright.   ::)

My one boss does this to me frequently. I want to tell her "No, I don't want to" and walk away, but of course that would get me fired, so I don't. But man, it's tempting.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2010, 11:59:41 AM »
Here's another one:

reading through threads on messages boards and finding messages posting like this with no punctuation no spelling no grammar no nothing just on big long winding run on sentence that doesnt make any sense at all and it just goes on and on and onand on and on dont they teach grammar and spelling in schools anymore i mean geez louise everhtything is full of chatspeak u knw wht i mn? and it just drives me nuts and i just cant read through crap lik ethis because it makes my eyes burn and my brain melt an di just want to cry

*runs screaming into traffic*

This is more of a medium-sized thing to me.  Mainly because I can't figure out whether it's done out of ignorance, carelessness, defiance, or immaturity.

extranormal

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
People who comment on the speed you are walking.

I always get accused of "strolling" into work. Every day, by different people.

First of all, YOU may be late, but I am early enough that I could stroll into work if I wanted to.

Second of all, I am two feet taller than you and most of that is leg. Have you noticed I'm not falling behind? It's because my strides are longer.

Last of all, what does it matter?

I wonder if these are the same people who find it hilarious to say, "Half day?" when somebody leaves the office before they do (even if they're leaving ten minutes later).

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »
I hate it when someone's humming or whistling as they walk.  Especially in the skywalk on my way to work - it just echoes annoyingly.

Add me to the feethating bandwagon.  The exception is my kids' feet.  I wuvs them and try to snack on them at every opportunity.  My 2 year old wears "mommy shields" i.e. socks.

I hate it when people use cell phones in theaters, period.  To text, to read a text, to check the time - it's all very distracting to me.  Any light in my field of vision draws my attention away from the screen.  It's gotten to the point where we rarely go to movies any more (well, also that it costs us $30 in babysitting fees...)

I hate it when someone uses the microwave and doesn't clear the timer if they take their stuff out before it's done counting down =\

I used to really hate to be touched but since having children I've gotten over it.  It's hard to hate it when someone's clinging to you 99% of the time LOL

I hate it when people are famous for being famous - Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Nicole Richie, etc.

People who speed or drive badly drive me crazy.  We drive the speed limimt and follow traffic rules because we have two small children in the car and if anything happened to them, I would die.  Literally die.  So when someone whips around me and honks or whatever, or cuts me off, or almost hits me, it sends me into a state of near panic.

There used to be more, but I'm on Zoloft now :)

Emmy

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »

Or people who walk four or five abreast along a sidewak forcing everybody else to go around them.

Hijinks

• Super Hero!
    • Maitri Bath & Body
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2010, 12:39:05 PM »
Oh and I have to be almost completely covered by a blanket when I'm sleeping.  No matter if it's 110 degrees outside.  I have to be covered.  And I pull and push until the blanket at my back is tucked in behind me, so I'm cocooned.  If it's not tucked back there, it feels like there's no blanket at all.  I can't have air touching me from behind =\

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2010, 01:15:52 PM »
There used to be more, but I'm on Zoloft now :)

For the win!!   ;D

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
Oh and I have to be almost completely covered by a blanket when I'm sleeping.  No matter if it's 110 degrees outside.  I have to be covered.  And I pull and push until the blanket at my back is tucked in behind me, so I'm cocooned.  If it's not tucked back there, it feels like there's no blanket at all.  I can't have air touching me from behind =\

Me too.  I cannot use a sheet.  It must be a blanket.