Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1301946 times)

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »
For some reason, it really annoys me when people announce how little they eat. Such as skipping meals, saying they “forget” to eat, announcing that they haven’t eaten anything all day (or longer), stuff like that. Especially women. It annoys me because one, I can’t do that, sorry, I do need to eat, and no way can I go for long periods w/out doing so. It makes me feel kind of bad about myself sometimes. And two, I feel like comments like that help to perpetuate myths and bad stereotypes about body and weight issues with women.

Don't forget the people (especially women) who take 2 bites of food and then say they're "stuffed" and that they "pigged out." 

Oh yes, how could I forget?? That one also drives me up the wall. I wish everyone would just keep their food/eating insecurities to themselves.

ScubaGirl

« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »
- Getting home from a drive thru and discovering there is no straw (I've learned to double check the food part before leaving) - especially when I've ordered a shake.

- DH and I will travel to some place we've never been before and DH will turn to me and ask where something is (i.e., where's the bathroom?) and then get a little annoyed when I don't know.  He has improved a lot over the years; I think at first it was just his insecurity when traveling while I had a lot of traveling experience before we met.

- like other posters, DH will say something I didn't hear - maybe his head was turned away or it is noisy.  I'll ask him to repeat it and he does - the exact same way (head turned away, same volume of voice)!  I used to ask him to repeat it again but probably half the time now I just figure it wasn't that important.

Chinchillazilla

• SQUEAK.
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »
When I miss something (like I'll hear nine words of a ten-word sentence, but one was muffled or something) and ask the person to repeat it, it's like people cannot possibly repeat things word-for-word. They have to rephrase it. Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I want to know what you SAID, not the gist!
No running with scythes.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
DH has been getting better about this, but used to, I'd ask him, say, "You want to go to MexicanPlace for supper?" and he'd respond with "We can."

AAaaa!  I know we can, I'm asking do you want to!

I remembered it because I found myself responding that way the other day.   :-X

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »
DH has been getting better about this, but used to, I'd ask him, say, "You want to go to MexicanPlace for supper?" and he'd respond with "We can."

AAaaa!  I know we can, I'm asking do you want to!

I remembered it because I found myself responding that way the other day.   :-X

Are you married to my husband? 

Paper Roses

« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »
My husband has another one - he'll ask me what he's doing, rather than asking if I'd like for him to do something. 

Like this:  "Am I giving you a ride to work?" or "Am I picking you up tonight?"

After several years of "I don't know, are you?" and a few very agitated "I don't know.  Don't ask ME what YOU are doing!" he's getting better, but it still happens.

Or he'll ask what we're doing, of if we're doing something a certain way, thereby forcing me to make a decision than he can then criticize.

Example - we were going out to dinner one night, but beforehand I needed to get something at the mall.  I was new to the area and didn't really know my way around, but he had lived around there all his life.  So . . .

Him:  "Are we getting dressed up first, then going to the mall, then to the restaurant, or are we going to the mall first, then coming back to get changed?"

Me:  "Oh, it doesn't really matter.  How about we go to the mall first, then come back and change?"

Him.:  "Oh. Ok.  I guess."

Me:  "What?"

Him.:  "Nothing.  Nothing.  It's just . . . . Nothing."

Me:  "WHAT?"

Him.:  "No, it's ok, it's just that the mall is on the way to the restaurant, so if we go there and then come back, we're backtracking, and it would be easier the other way."

Me.:  "Ok, that's fine, then, we'll change first and stop at the mall on the way."

Now, you see, that whole conversation could have been avoided had he just said, "Since the mall is on the way to the restaurant, why don't we just stop there on the way rather than making two trips?"
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »
I hate it when people talk to me when I am in the bathroom doing my business.

I feel like shouting back, "NO!!! I AM INVISIBLE!!! I DO NOT EXIST WHEN I AM IN THE BATHROOM STALL! LEAVE ME ALONE!"
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

KimberlyRose

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2010, 04:18:26 PM »
When women (and it's always a woman) is eating something in a paper bag. Instead of taking it out of the paper bag and taking a decent bite of it, they'll pull up a teeny tiny piece of whatever it is to the edge of the bag, break it off and eat that bit.  Then they'll lick their fingers and go through the whole process over and over again. Just eat the thing normally and enjoy it. It's like they're so ashamed of eating they have to do it furtively in crumb sized pieces. I always have an urge to grab the food item and smash it into their face.

I do that because it's less messy than having something dripping crumbs all over the place.  I'm disturbed to hear that this provokes violent rage in you.

McCutieBelle

« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
Peas N Cue YES! Hate it, hate that... so much  :o
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

claddagh lass

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »
The sound of someone eating, especially if I'm not eating myself. I have no idea why, but the sound of chewing infuriates me to the point where i want to punch the person. (i have never done this, just felt a strong urge.)

I hate the sound too.  If I can I try to move so I don't hear it.

People making remarks about the shape of my body.  I'm incredibly self-concious about the width of my hips and backside.  Especially when clothes shopping and having people make remarks really drives me up the wall.

If someone tries to tickle my feet.  I have extremely ticklish feet and will kick.  I've never intentionally kicked someone when they try tickling my feet.  It's a knee jerk reaction that I've tried stopping but haven't been able to.  I think it's a reflexive action for me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:35:46 PM by claddagh lass »

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2010, 04:48:17 PM »

If someone tries to tickle my feet.  I have extremely ticklish feet and will kick.  I've never intentionally kicked someone when they try tickling my feet.  It's a knee jerk reaction that I've tried stopping but haven't been able to.  I think it's a reflexive action for me.

I'll totally kick someone intentionally if they try to tickle my feet, as long as it's someone who knows better.  BF's gotten a few good kicks that way >:D

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »

- like other posters, DH will say something I didn't hear - maybe his head was turned away or it is noisy.  I'll ask him to repeat it and he does - the exact same way (head turned away, same volume of voice)!  I used to ask him to repeat it again but probably half the time now I just figure it wasn't that important.

And then, the one time you manage to make entirely the wrong guess, does he get all bent out of shape because you weren't listening to him?  :P

claddagh lass

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »
Oh and I have to be almost completely covered by a blanket when I'm sleeping.  No matter if it's 110 degrees outside.  I have to be covered.  And I pull and push until the blanket at my back is tucked in behind me, so I'm cocooned.  If it's not tucked back there, it feels like there's no blanket at all.  I can't have air touching me from behind =\

I do that too.  I have to have my head covered with the blanket in order for me to sleep.

If it's hot I'll be tucked under the blanket and have the fan going.

extranormal

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »
Oh and I have to be almost completely covered by a blanket when I'm sleeping.  No matter if it's 110 degrees outside.  I have to be covered.  And I pull and push until the blanket at my back is tucked in behind me, so I'm cocooned.  If it's not tucked back there, it feels like there's no blanket at all.  I can't have air touching me from behind =\

I do that too.  I have to have my head covered with the blanket in order for me to sleep.

If it's hot I'll be tucked under the blanket and have the fan going.

Oh, yes. Somebody once observed that my ideal sleeping situation would be 16 quilts in a meat locker.

Paper Roses

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »
When someone can't seem to think without making some obnoxious noise.  I was at the bank once, and there was a guy at the teller next to mine.  She asked him some very minor question - like if he wanted all 20's, or a few tens and fives.  He very loudly went, "Uhm . . . " then made this noise I can only describe as "Tch tch tch tch tchshshshshshshshs . . . tch tch tch tch tchshshshshssh ." then gave his answer. 

What is up with that?  And why so loud?
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.