Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1684863 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9315 on: October 02, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
If it's the History Channel, just be glad they didn't say that the slingshot was invented by Nostradamus, after he got the plans from aliens.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9316 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:23 PM »
If it's the History Channel, just be glad they didn't say that the slingshot was invented by Nostradamus, after he got the plans from aliens.

Wait! It didn't happen that way? Oh, no!

Will it show up in a pawn shop after being transported across an icy road after being caught from a trawler in Alaska?

Excuse me. I've pretty much had it with the once highly trusted and noble History Channel. Blech!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9317 on: October 03, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »
NatGeo lost my respect when they jumped on the reality show bandwagon with a reality show about Gypsies.   I mean this commercial came on and while I admit I don't know a great deal about modern Romani, I'm pretty darned sure they're not like this family portrayed on the commercials of this show which made them seem about as classy as the folks from Jersey Shore.  ::)

I had to laugh though, as Ellen DeGeneres had something to say about the reality shows on tv these days.  She said "The Learning Channel used to be a place where you could learn things, but now all you learn is that your life isn't as bad as you thought it was."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9318 on: October 03, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »
That's what I love about Ellen.

My entry for today:  When Amazon has the same item from 2345 different vendors and you don't find out shipping charges until you almost pull the trigger.  I'm sure a lot of people get very peeved when they realize too late that they just paid an unnecessary $8 for shipping for an item otherwise available with free shipping.  I just dodged that bullet.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9319 on: October 03, 2012, 08:25:44 AM »
I adore Ellen. :)

My little annoyance. For some reason, when I'm using the computer in our office instead of my laptop, I'll go to my bookmarks and no matter what I click on, eBay's site comes up. This is not bookmarked.

I clicked on the Ehell bookmark this morning and was directed to eBay.  I think someone is trying to get me to spend money I don't have.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #9320 on: October 03, 2012, 08:36:13 AM »
That's what I love about Ellen.

My entry for today:  When Amazon has the same item from 2345 different vendors and you don't find out shipping charges until you almost pull the trigger.  I'm sure a lot of people get very peeved when they realize too late that they just paid an unnecessary $8 for shipping for an item otherwise available with free shipping.  I just dodged that bullet.

And Amazon's stupid price adjustment algorithm thing that changes the prices of stuff almost constantly. The laundry soap I buy from there can range from $12 to $23 throughout the day--I have to be careful when I buy to make sure that it's the low price!

Snooks

« Reply #9321 on: October 03, 2012, 10:14:19 AM »
Excuse me. I've pretty much had it with the once highly trusted and noble History Channel. Blech!

In the UK their slogan is "We don't do ordinary", DH says it should be "We don't do history".

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #9322 on: October 03, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »

In the UK their slogan is "We don't do ordinary", DH says it should be "We don't do history".

I love your DH - very respectfully, platonic and from a large distance.

It is better for my blood pressure and faith in humanity if I keep away from The History Channel, Discovery and the likes. Did you know that Egyptian obelisks were a network for wireless energy transmission? The energy was generated by water mills at the base, driven by the canals that flowed by them, and used by - guess who - aliens. I wish I were kidding.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #9323 on: October 03, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
Oh for the days when The History Channel was The Hitler Channel. You didn't learn about anything but WWII, but you learned some interesting things about WWII.

Yet another reason I gave up watching TV on anything but Netflix.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #9324 on: October 03, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
I semi-regularly still watch the Game Show Network because, when you go into it *knowing* it's going to be mindless, it can be fun.  :)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9325 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »
The dumbing down of educational television gets on my last nerve. A&E (Arts & Entertainment) Network has no business calling itself that anymore.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9326 on: October 03, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
The Comedy Channel in Canada's slogan?  Time well wasted.   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #9327 on: October 03, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
I'm still annoyed that AMC went from "American Movie Classics" to "All Movies Channel".  Okay, they don't call themselves that, but Superman Returns is NOT a classic!

Adelaide

« Reply #9328 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
I hate really weird logical fallacies that people inject into their relationships because you can't really "challenge" them, since they're based solely on personal opinions and feelings. Girl A at my school is mad at Boy B because B admitted, when asked, that he sometimes gets a little exasperated with A for talking to him all the time in class.

Girl A replied that getting exasperated with her isn't something a friend would do, so therefore A and B aren't friends anymore.

Um, what? I'm obviously a third party and have no room to talk, but I just don't understand the line of reasoning that says being friends means you can't get mildly exasperated with someone from time to time.

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #9329 on: October 03, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
Heck, couples get exasperated all the time... and ideally, they should be the best of friends!