Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1314581 times)

Pippen

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9330 on: October 03, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
Oh for the days when The History Channel was The Hitler Channel. You didn't learn about anything but WWII, but you learned some interesting things about WWII.

Yet another reason I gave up watching TV on anything but Netflix.

When I lived in the UK there was one Channel we referred to as The War Channel as pretty much every program seemed to be about WW2.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #9331 on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
Oh for the days when The History Channel was The Hitler Channel. You didn't learn about anything but WWII, but you learned some interesting things about WWII.

When I lived in the UK there was one Channel we referred to as The War Channel as pretty much every program seemed to be about WW2.
WWII had a LOT of film footage.  WWI had a little, but a lot of what was taken has disintegrated.  Some 19th Century wars, like the US Civil War (AKA 'The Late Unpleasantness') had photographs.  Before that, nada.  If you want to show film footage, you have to hire actors or historic re-enactors and actually film them.  This is a lot more expensive than setting up your cameras in a pawn shop.   :(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9332 on: October 03, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »

WWII had a LOT of film footage.  WWI had a little, but a lot of what was taken has disintegrated.  Some 19th Century wars, like the US Civil War (AKA 'The Late Unpleasantness') had photographs.  Before that, nada.  If you want to show film footage, you have to hire actors or historic re-enactors and actually film them.  This is a lot more expensive than setting up your cameras in a pawn shop.   :(

But far, FAR worthier.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #9333 on: October 03, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
Pandora internet radio.  I cannot convince it that I do not like The Red Hot Chili Peppers and a few other bands that shall not be named.  I click the do not like every freaking time, then it still plays one of their songs every third or so song.

It's making me crazy.   :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #9334 on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
Pandora internet radio.  I cannot convince it that I do not like The Red Hot Chili Peppers and a few other bands that shall not be named.  I click the do not like every freaking time, then it still plays one of their songs every third or so song.

:o I wish I had that option with the satellite radio in the car.  I can mark certain artists or songs as favorites, and when one of them is upcoming, the radio will play a certain tone and give me the option to switch if I'm not on the right channel.  I'd like to designate certain groups as unfavorites, and have the station automatically switch to a different one so I never have to hear their snarly ungrammatical screeching.
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #9335 on: October 03, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »

For me, it's Michael Buble. No matter what channel I create, they always suggest Michael Buble. Latin jazz? Michael Buble. 80s metal bands? Michael Buble. Musicals? Michael Buble. French dance pop? Michael $^%# Buble.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #9336 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
One of my FB friends simply cannot type the h in the word 'what' in any of her statuses. 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9337 on: October 03, 2012, 11:41:52 PM »
One of my FB friends simply cannot type the h in the word 'what' in any of her statuses.

When memes attack!

Snooks

« Reply #9338 on: October 04, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »
I have a sweatshirt which I love however it seems to attract grease like no other item of clothing I own.  I'd just got the last set of spots out when DH was dealing with a roast chicken and somehow managed to ping grease at me and got another spot which hasn't come out in the wash.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9339 on: October 04, 2012, 07:02:24 AM »
Murphy's Law of Clothes:  Thou shalt always spill something messy on a newly cleaned garment.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9340 on: October 04, 2012, 09:08:05 AM »
PSA:  Lestoil, if you can find it, is miraculous for taking out grease spots.  It has worked on spots that were washed and dried!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #9341 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:39 AM »
I like CSPAN on the weekend for history programming. 2 weeks ago, I got to sit on my can and tour the Antietam battlefield while doing it.  Loved it.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9342 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »

For me, it's Michael Buble. No matter what channel I create, they always suggest Michael Buble. Latin jazz? Michael Buble. 80s metal bands? Michael Buble. Musicals? Michael Buble. French dance pop? Michael $^%# Buble.

You too?

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9343 on: October 04, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
Talking to my teenage DD.

Last night, her BFF was over.  Suddenly I hear, "Nooo!  No way!  Ohh Emm Gee!" and other exclamations like that, from her room.

When I saw them come out, I asked what happened.  "Nothing", was the answer  ::)

I swear, she's going to grow huge thumbs from three hours of texting over "Nothing". 

(and yes, someone is going to point out that WE did exactly the same to our parents  ::) ;)).

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9344 on: October 04, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »
DH is taking a 3 week class in learning how to repair appliances and I get an email from him today telling me to stop using dryer sheets because they're just bad for them.  I'm sure I'll get a more in depth explanation later.

The annoying thing? I just bought a new box of fabric softener sheets. Grr.  I'm going to ask dh "Just how bad? Can I get away with using this last box so I don't waste the money?"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata