Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1783605 times)

Pippen

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9360 on: October 04, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »
Tea towels on oven doors. I just think it looks awful.

So where do you hang the kitchen towels??

In the laundry. I don't use them for doing dishes, mainly wiping the bench and whatnot so they get washed after use rather than dried out and used again. One of the reasons is because I just can't stand seeing them hanging on the oven door. There was an ad on TV the other day set in a beautiful kitchen and no joke there was some scungy old tea towel hanging from the oven and I had a bit of a 'Grrrr' moment over that. I don't mind if other people do it but just not in my kitchen and not on TV.

Don't get me started about people sitting on kitchen benches/counters on TV.

Betelnut

« Reply #9361 on: October 04, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
I put the kitchen towel on the fridge handle.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Amava

« Reply #9362 on: October 04, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »
Lol we could make another fake-awareness secretive game out of this.  :P

"I like it on the fridge handle"
"I can't stand it on the oven door"
"I want it in the laundry".
"I like it on a sliding rack".

Just kidding I hate that sort of games (that goes in "drives ME up the wall" XD )  ;D

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #9363 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
Don't have a fridge handle or enough room to hang kitchen towels on the stove handle, and since this is an apartment I bought myself a little rack that hangs very nicely over a cabinet door or drawer for the towels, and since I bought it it's going with me when we move.  (And my new kitchen will have towel racks.  You can take that to the bank.)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #9364 on: October 04, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »
The Moaning Myrtles of the workforce world.  The ones that are never happy, always Female Dog, moaning and complaining in general...no one else does anything right, everybody else is stupid, everybody else is lazy, they always have to fix everything. 

It makes me crazy Dazi.   :-\
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #9365 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:42 AM »
Tea towels on oven doors. I just think it looks awful.

So where do you hang the kitchen towels??

Not blueyzca01, but our family has a sliding rack under the sink where we put them, or we use paper towels to dry our hands after washing in the kitchen sink.

So how do they air? The under sink is enclosed----------um, yuk.

I have insisted upon airing towels in the four kitchens I have designed. Paper towels for hands works, and clean towels for dishdrying works for me. But for a quick wipe in the kitchen, towels on the stove handle works quite well with no dogs around. "Dogs, noses.........uck.)

violinp's and my family put them in a basket when they get dirty/wet, and they get washed about once a week.

Vita brevis, ars longa

Snooks

« Reply #9366 on: October 05, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »
The Moaning Myrtles of the workforce world.  The ones that are never happy, always Female Dog, moaning and complaining in general...no one else does anything right, everybody else is stupid, everybody else is lazy, they always have to fix everything. 

It makes me crazy Dazi.   :-\

That was pretty much me so I left my job because I hate people like that too.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #9367 on: October 05, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
I don't mean just cleaning out the lint.  I mean washing the lint screen with soap and water and a toothbrush to scrub off the dryer sheet chemicals.

I became a convert when I had to call a repairman for my dryer.  He told me about the dryer sheets, saw my look of skepticism, and took the  lint screen over to the sink and filled it with water.

It stayed filled with water.  The screen was completely watertight thanks to the dryer sheet residue.

I continue to use dryer sheets as I hate static cling, but I now regularly wash the screen with soap, water, and a soft brush.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:24:16 AM by EmmaJ. »

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9368 on: October 05, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
Excellent tip.  We'll be doing that from now on. 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9369 on: October 05, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
I need to check my dryer screen... although I regularly peel a sheet of lint off of it, so it's doing its job.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9370 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »

Me too.

I just got off the phone with someone because our last name was misspelled.  Happens all the time, I'm pretty much used to it by now.  It frequently gets confused for the name of a fruit, and to be honest I can't even blame people for getting confused. 

Let's say the last name was Gauva, but people are always wanting to say/spell Guava.  But when it's printed on official things like insurance cards as Guava, then you have to call up and get it changed and wait another 7-10 business days.

What kills me though is they managed to spell the name right on 2/3 cards.  I was nice when I called them about it, just said "Oh it's misspelled, we'll need another with the correct spelling, please" and they were nice in return so it wasn't unpleasant just very mildly irksome more than completely up the wall.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9371 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »

Me too.

I just got off the phone with someone because our last name was misspelled.  Happens all the time, I'm pretty much used to it by now.  It frequently gets confused for the name of a fruit, and to be honest I can't even blame people for getting confused. 

Let's say the last name was Gauva, but people are always wanting to say/spell Guava.  But when it's printed on official things like insurance cards as Guava, then you have to call up and get it changed and wait another 7-10 business days.

What kills me though is they managed to spell the name right on 2/3 cards.  I was nice when I called them about it, just said "Oh it's misspelled, we'll need another with the correct spelling, please" and they were nice in return so it wasn't unpleasant just very mildly irksome more than completely up the wall.
Many eons ago, when rocks were soft, we took square-dancing lessons.  One couple in class with us had a long last name that was always being misspelled, because it was 12 or 13 letters, IIRC, and contained syllables that were almost duplicates, but not quite; let's say it was Abernabroneil.  Square dancers wear badges with their names and club affiliation, so all of the class ordered badges.   Mrs. Abernabroneil sighed and said "I know that it will be misspelled and we'll have to send them back."

Sure enough, her badge WAS misspelled.  The badge company got Abernabroneil just fine.  They had misspelled her first name: Mary.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Redsoil

« Reply #9372 on: October 06, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »
The next Dr Seuss book?

I like it on a sliding rack.
I like it hanging out the back.
I like hidden quite away.
I like it on the bench all day.
I like it in the dresser drawer.
I like it on the bedroom door!
I like it when it's red or blue.
I quite like green and yellow too!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #9373 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:12 AM »
Do you like green eggs and ham???
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9374 on: October 07, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
Do you like green eggs and ham???
I can recite almost all of that dratted book from memory!  2 kids & 4 grandsons begging to be read to out of it.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!!!11
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.