Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1738913 times)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9660 on: November 02, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
One thing that's been happening lately is that my computer asks me to type in those letters/numbers to prove I'm a real person when I'm trying to e-mail the lead on my job.  I asked her, and she's assured me that she doesn't have me listed as spam, but why it only happens with her address is a mystery.

I hate those things.  I always fail them.  :-[  I can never make out what the dingdangity letters are supposed to be because they are so warped looking.

I had to do a password reset, and I hit the "new words" button four times before I got something remotely readable.
Try doing that while dyslexic - loads of fun
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #9661 on: November 02, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »
One thing that's been happening lately is that my computer asks me to type in those letters/numbers to prove I'm a real person when I'm trying to e-mail the lead on my job.  I asked her, and she's assured me that she doesn't have me listed as spam, but why it only happens with her address is a mystery.

I hate those things.  I always fail them.  :-[  I can never make out what the dingdangity letters are supposed to be because they are so warped looking.
Well they're very useful if you're on the receiving end of those forms.

Victoria

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #9662 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »
when I go for new glasses and almost fall off my chair when they tell me the final cost! 

I just had that experience last week.  :-\
AND they messed up my prescription so I can't use my glasses when I work at the computer. Going back tomorrow, but I've got a suspicion that they're going to try to talk me into buying a second set of "computer glasses" instead of fixing the problem.

So...here's an update that is driving me up the wall. They replaced the lenses, which corrected the up-and-down vision problem but created a really bad side-to-side problem. I could use my glasses for driving, but not for anything else. Back in I went and was told they were going to research the issue and see if they could redo my lenses using the same brand my original lenses were. "We'll call you back," they said.

They didn't. When I called to check almost a week later, they were "still researching" and would call me back.

They didn't. I called today (another week later) and talked to a different optician who said that my insurance wouldn't cover that brand of lenses. She said my only option is to pay several hundred more dollars for some expensive brand of lenses and new frames, which I don't want, with no guarantee that will solve the problem. I'm already out several hundred dollars for glasses I can't use!

I'm going in next week to have them put my original lenses back in. The prescription is no longer correct, but at least I could see my computer when I wore them.  >:(
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #9663 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »
Bansidhe, there has to be someone higher-up you can talk to.  That's the worst service I've ever heard of.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #9664 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »

Try doing that while dyslexic - loads of fun

I am dyslexic...maybe that's part of my problem.   ::)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #9665 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »
Bansidhe, there has to be someone higher-up you can talk to.  That's the worst service I've ever heard of.

Someone is going to get an earful when I go in next week, believe me!
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #9666 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:28 PM »
When someone acts like your way of doing something is much worse than their way, even though both ways are perfectly valid and lead to the same answer. 

My supervisor asked me how I had calculated the number of days to add on to a claim once.  I said that I'd roughly estimated it to be a 10 week gap, so 70 days, and I just played around with adding or subtracting figures til I hit the right number.  It took me less than two minutes to get to the answer.  "Oh no", he said, "You're making this way too hard on yourself!  What you need to do is count the number of days here, then add up this and that, which you get from looking here, and you add that number to the first number."  I was lost with the explanation, much less what he thought was a supposedly "easier" way.  The worst part is that when he was done explaining his so-called better way, he sat there with this superior grin on his face, waiting for me to acknowledge how I'd done it all wrong, when I'd come up with the same number as him!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9667 on: November 02, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »
The Hotmail interface.  Instead of logging in and getting your inbox on the same page it opens up a secondary window without browser arrows to go back and forth in it.  Makes it harder to get back to page 3 of a 10-page lists in the Inbox.  Not only that but the window is too deep and the arrows for the pages fall too far down to be able to use them when looking through the inbox.  I hate its parent website for this.

Emmy

« Reply #9668 on: November 03, 2012, 08:49:28 AM »
It kind of bugs me when I'm talking about something that's going wrong, or something I can't quite manage, or something I don't quite understand, and the person I'm talking (venting) to gives a wide shrug and says, "I don't know what to tell ya..." 

Who said you (meaning them) had to tell me anything?  ::) Sometimes a person just has to let off some steam!

I hate that too.  DH does that and it really annoys me.  Sometimes I just need to talk through it or let it off my chest.  A sympathetic "yeah, that sucks", "I can relate to that", or even just a sympathetic nod would be a heck of a lot better.

Snooks

« Reply #9669 on: November 03, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
I thought of a really good Christmas present to buy someone today during a conversation, can I remember what it was? Can I heck.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #9670 on: November 04, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »
Almost daily while walking down the sidewalk, somebody hops in their car and starts backing out without buckling their seat belt or, you know, checking their rear view mirror for pedestrians!

Adelaide

« Reply #9671 on: November 04, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
I saw someone mention cancer in another thread, and I realized how much it irked me when people post things on the internet like "I'm posting this so you'll be aware of breast cancer!" Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I was aware that breast cancer existed before you posted that, thanks. I also saw several girls posting that they were going to "support prostate cancer" or "support breast cancer". Really? What horrible phrasing. :P

I realize this is just a matter of semantics/word choice, but it's still odd to see.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #9672 on: November 05, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »
Having the dog stare at me the whole time I'm cooking, then follow me out to watch me eat.  Can't even have privacy with a cheese omelette...

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9673 on: November 05, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
Adjusting to the EST/DST changes.  I usually don't have a problem with the fall one but I am this year.  I wish we never had to change the stupid clocks.

turtleIScream

« Reply #9674 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »
When my husband treats me like a complete idiot. The computer mouse died today while I was working. I've replaced the batteries three times, and still nothing. He gets home, takes apart the mouse, and complains the batteries are in wrong (no, they're not). Well, then,I must have forgotten to turn the mouse back on. Why does he think I am 8, and know nothing about technology?