Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1859370 times)

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9780 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
Jewelry commercials that guilt men into buying jewelry for their women.  And it has to be diamonds, too. Not every woman loves diamonds, folks.  I like jewelry, but I prefer gemstones and Celtic inspired designs.  Like I just ordered myself a Celtic cross necklace from an Irish company. :)

I just wish jewelry wasn't a standard gift for women, period. I keep on getting costume jewelry as gifts, and it's very nice, it's just not at all me, and I never wear it. So I have all this jewelry that just sits around and takes up space, but since it's costume jewelry, I'm not sure where to get rid of it.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9781 on: November 20, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »
Two words:  "I just..."

Here in Texas, a lot of people "just" when they pray. It's like punctuation, and it's the oddest thing. Every fourth word is "just."

Here it's "Lord". Everything is "Thank you Lord, for this day Lord, and we pray Lord..."

I've heard 'em both! Sometimes in the same prayer. "We just, Lord, pray, Lord, that you just be with us today, Lord..." I've heard this called the "Jesus Weejus" prayer.  ;D I think people hate to say "um" while praying so they use different words as filler.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9782 on: November 20, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
So I have all this jewelry that just sits around and takes up space, but since it's costume jewelry, I'm not sure where to get rid of it.

Try a clothing consignment store.  The one near me takes costume jewelry as well.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9783 on: November 20, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
when things mysteriously disappear. i have this awesome cast aluminum roasting pan that was my grandmother's. Tonight I went to get it out for thanksgiving, and its nowhere to be found.  My kitchen is small, with limited storage space, and I have absolutely no idea where it went. Thankfully, my neighbor is going to her daughter's and lent me hers.

pwv

« Reply #9784 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:02 PM »
when you need just *one* item from the grocery store and you run in to grab it and can't because there is a group of customers having a gossip-fest while standing in front of and blocking access to the *one* item you need.  bonus points if they refuse to acknowledge you when you ask them politely to move aside.  double bonus points if these are the only other customers in the entire store.

for some reason, spell check wanted to change "gossip-fest" to "spiffiest".

JadeAngel

« Reply #9785 on: November 20, 2012, 11:29:45 PM »
I'm coming a little late to this, but all the hoopla over the Brad Pitt/Chanel No. 5 ad is driving me nuts.

Yes, he is standing there spouting incomprehensible gibberish at the camera... of course he is It's a Chanel Advertisement! They're always full of strangely hatted men riding bicycles through fields of grass and women with flowing hair and floaty impractical dresses saying random things like 'she's mine' and 'he likes to be tickled behind his ear' and 'Love is beautiful'...

It's no sillier than any other Chanel Ad, or any other perfume ad come to think of it... can we just shrug our shoulders, say 'I have no idea, but I love the perfume' and move on?

turtleIScream

« Reply #9786 on: November 21, 2012, 09:20:13 AM »
Getting a pimple right inside my nose.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

BarensMom

« Reply #9787 on: November 21, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »

Or in my ear.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9788 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »

This.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9789 on: November 21, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »

This.

Or right on the bottom side of your nose, where you have to push it back to even SEE it. Like the one I just had.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9790 on: November 21, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »

This.

Or right on the bottom side of your nose, where you have to push it back to even SEE it. Like the one I just had.

I had one of those last week.  The pain is actually quite indescribable.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9791 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
What drives me crazy is having pimples, period.  I mean, I'm 44 years old, starting to have hot flashes and I have to deal with pimples, too?  Not fair.  Not fair at all.   ;D

(I shouldn't complain too much.  I have oily skin, hence the pimples.  But I save a ton of money not having to buy moisturizer - I only use it in the dead of winter.  And other than laugh lines, I don't have wrinkles.)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #9792 on: November 21, 2012, 03:46:38 PM »
Oh, yeah.  I started going grey at 21.  Grey hair and spots at the same time?  Ugh!

Kaymyth

« Reply #9793 on: November 22, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
The occasional merchant location that thinks it'd be a great idea to block out all unidentified calls from their phone systems.  I get it, you want to avoid telemarketers.  However, you're also blocking out *us*.  Which is fine when the system allows me to type in an origin phone number, but some of them just say, "This subscriber is not accepting unidentified numbers," and hang up on me.

People.  Our phone system is set up AS A CALL CENTER, and we can't change that, because we have a metric ton of different toll-free numbers that call in to our queue.  Some phone companies can identify the source, some can't, and no, I don't know why.  But you absolutely cannot block us from calling you, and no, I'm not going to use my personal cell phone to make work calls.  I'm just not.  And you know, sometimes we need to call you.  Usually, it's for things that if we did not inform you, you would be very upset.  So just stop it.  Please.

Also, merchants who don't have voicemail or answering machines.  I've had a number of times when I've been calling a merchant for a Fairly Important Reason, get into about 7 or 8 rings before I realize that I'm not going to be able to leave a message.  What kind of business doesn't give the option for leaving potentially important messages?

*grump*

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #9794 on: November 22, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
People wishing me a "Happy Thanks Giving" mostly it's members of my family on FB who are in my archduke Ferdinand friend list. (virtual cookies if anyone can guess why I call it this.)

You all may be thinking, "what a misery LSG is" but to clarify, not one of them is American or has any connection to America or knows anyone American. I am in Dear Old Blighty

These are people who would also wish me a happy Hanukkah, Dawali and even independents day (yes American independence day ::))

It's silly and childish how annoyed it makes me but it does.

Oh yes and these same people have had their Christmas decorations up since the end of October.  :o  This also drives me Potty.

I am a grumpy Panda today.

Happy Thanks giving to all E hellions who celebrate this day.
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer