Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1647839 times)

laud_shy_girl

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9900 on: December 01, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
"I might of done that."    >:(

No! No no no no no no.

It's "I might have done that" or passably " I may Have..."

On top of it driving me mad, I feel bad for getting angry because my grammar is less than exemplary.
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9901 on: December 01, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »
BG: My ILs live with us.

I can't stand the way MIL opens a box of cereal.  Instead of taking the inner pouch and pulling it open (to make a funnel to pour your cereal into a bowl without spilling it everywhere) she cuts a corner off.  So when you pour your cereal, there is always a good bit left that falls down into the box.  And I know these aren't impossible-to-open-packages, everyone else manages to open them without cutting it.  And if she's having issues, for the love of Pete, TELL someone so they can help!

It could be worse. My DH somehow manages to rip it vertically so it goes everywhere
NE England

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #9902 on: December 01, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »
People who are late...which what I am waiting for right now...13 minutes and counting.
SCAJAfamily = dd S 22, ds C 15, ds A 12, dh J and myself dw A

Snooks

« Reply #9903 on: December 02, 2012, 06:08:06 AM »
People who are late...which what I am waiting for right now...13 minutes and counting.

Especially when you get there early so you've already been waiting x minutes before the time you were supposed to meet.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #9904 on: December 02, 2012, 11:32:40 AM »
Work software.  It is never easy to use, but what is throwing me at the moment is my remote log-in process.  In order to work from home, I have to get access to the secure intranet.  This involves a process kind of like dial-up, where I log in and then it runs an application that connects me.

Last year it was a breeze, I never had to think about it.  Then I got upgraded to Windows 7 before they upgraded that in house software.  Fortunately, through trial and error I figured out a workaround.  Well, just last week that software was fixed...  To the point where now the process is random at best, and deliberately sadistic at worst.  It keeps trying to install new (legit) software, except it is already installed.  Then I'll get a message saying after it's installed, click here to continue. Which then brings up the "do you want to install this software?" box.  If/when I break that loop, I get a message that the software has an error, do i want to run it anyway?  and there's a 50/50 shot that whatever button I click (run or cancel), regardless of its label, will make it work vs. have the program hang.

I feel like it's a "rat in a maze" test, where they keep changing the path to success.  "oh, she clicked that option last time and it worked, this time it won't work and/or will hang the computer.  Next time maybe it will work and maybe it won't, muah ha ha ha!". Seriously, the same strategy will not work two days in a row. :-\

Our login client does that too. If you go to the host checker webpage, it tries to install the client, no matter what, but will refuse to run it after that. If you try and run it from desktop, 1/2 the time it works on the first try. The other half.....yikes. My co-worker got a connection timeout *17* times in a row while I connected after one. I think his computer just misses the tech support guy. It hasn't failed yet that no matter how many times his connection fails, it will succeed just as he gets the tech guy on the line to troubleshoot. I think I'm going to get him a stress toy for Christmas so he doesn't break his laptop.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9905 on: December 02, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
I know this has been mentioned before but not for several years.

It's something I call the interrogatory declarative.  We all know it.

'Hi?  My name is Jane Smith?  I'm here to see Mr. Jones?'

And it doesn't stop. Every sentence ends with a rising tone.   

A similar thing involves the person who over-greets.  At work I hated getting phone calls from people who began the conversation with, 'Hello.  Good day.  Good Afternoon.  My name is ...'

For some reason, the first tends to be more prevalent among women and the second among men. 

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #9906 on: December 02, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »

Especially when you get there early so you've already been waiting x minutes before the time you were supposed to meet.

Or when they're running late and haven't even left their beginning destination yet.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9907 on: December 02, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
I know this has been mentioned before but not for several years.

It's something I call the interrogatory declarative.  We all know it.

'Hi?  My name is Jane Smith?  I'm here to see Mr. Jones?'

And it doesn't stop. Every sentence ends with a rising tone.   

A similar thing involves the person who over-greets.  At work I hated getting phone calls from people who began the conversation with, 'Hello.  Good day.  Good Afternoon.  My name is ...'

For some reason, the first tends to be more prevalent among women and the second among men.

This is usually evidence of insecurity.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #9908 on: December 02, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
This doesn't happen often, but it ticks me off.  When you buy something that still has two weeks to go before it's the sell-by date, you expect said food item to be fresh.  I bought half-and-half today that supposedly doesn't expire until the 20th, and it's sour.  I can't take it back because I tossed the receipt.  Ah well...

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #9909 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »
Or you prepare something not completely new but a different version (beef vindaloo vs chicken vindaloo) and have the flavor be off by a hair.  And you don't know which hair.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9910 on: December 02, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
Or you prepare something not completely new but a different version (beef vindaloo vs chicken vindaloo) and have the flavor be off by a hair.  And you don't know which hair.

Well, there's your problem.  Cows have hairs, chickens don't.

turtleIScream

« Reply #9911 on: December 02, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »
People who use the word "flu" to describe any illness. I just got back from the ER, being rehydrated after a severe bout of gastroenteritis. The nurse kept talking about me having the flu. Um, no, the flu is a viral respiratory illness; what I have is definitely not that!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9912 on: December 02, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
This doesn't happen often, but it ticks me off.  When you buy something that still has two weeks to go before it's the sell-by date, you expect said food item to be fresh.  I bought half-and-half today that supposedly doesn't expire until the 20th, and it's sour.  I can't take it back because I tossed the receipt.  Ah well...

That is because a shopper left it on a shelf after changing the decision to purchase. The staff is not supposed to return it to the cooler if it is not really cold or it was just seen being put on the shelf. If not icy, it is supposed to be discarded.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #9913 on: December 02, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »
I'd never even thought of that, but it makes sense!  I'll bet that's what happened.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9914 on: December 02, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
People who use the word "flu" to describe any illness. I just got back from the ER, being rehydrated after a severe bout of gastroenteritis. The nurse kept talking about me having the flu. Um, no, the flu is a viral respiratory illness; what I have is definitely not that!

I admit I'm guilty of this! its so much easier to say "stomach flu" than gastroenteritis. Although i will sometimes say stomach virus. Hope you feel better!