News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 21, 2018, 02:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5486644 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10185 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »
It bugs me when I come home and really need the bathroom, and I'm just in time to see someone else go in before me.  And they were there first, so there's nothing I can say.  We have another bathroom in the basement, one with just a toilet and a sink, and I've even had it where someone is in that one too.  Upstairs, it's "Sorry!", then downstairs, "Sorry!", and I'm there, "Well, darn..."

I guess having someone get in ahead of me in general annoys me, because it seems to happen all the time, especially in the kitchen. 

Me: *waiting on the coffee pot, all alone in the kitchen, and buttering some toast*
Mother: *comes into the kitchen, and begins fixing her breakfast in front of the coffee pot, effectively blocking it*
Me: *trying to reach around her for the coffee, which is now ready* Excuse me.
Mother: I'll be out of your way in just a second.
Me: *waits, anticipating cold toast and eggs when all is done* -.-'

The camping toilet is your friend. I refused to live anywhere with only one bathroom, but even with two, DH and DS are often on the same schedule, so to speak. I hate coming home from work, to find all of the bathrooms occupied, so I made them buy me one of these!*

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Luggable-Portable-Gallon/dp/B000FIAPXO/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1357259977&sr=1-1&keywords=toilet

*I have yet to use it, but just knowing I have it keeps me sane.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

ladyknight1

« Reply #10186 on: January 03, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »
What bothers me is when a co-worker comes into my office and says, "Are you busy?  Oh no, thank goodness you're just eating lunch."

Just eating lunch?  I work when I eat lunch.  I don't have a whole lot of spare time so if my work is going to spill over, most of the time I'm catching up on email. If I wasn't working than I'm taking one of my few breaks of the day and want to be left alone.

But this particular co-worker will gab on and on and on.  In the meantime my leftover enchiladas are getting cold.  So I'll either have to eat them chilly or re-microwave them (I think half the flavor leaves with each microwaving.)  I can't bring myself to eat in front of someone no matter how rude they are being.

I deal with this quite often and it is the downside of bringing in my lunch.

O/T: I love enchiladas!
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #10187 on: January 03, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
It bugs me when I come home and really need the bathroom, and I'm just in time to see someone else go in before me.  And they were there first, so there's nothing I can say.  We have another bathroom in the basement, one with just a toilet and a sink, and I've even had it where someone is in that one too.  Upstairs, it's "Sorry!", then downstairs, "Sorry!", and I'm there, "Well, darn..."

I guess having someone get in ahead of me in general annoys me, because it seems to happen all the time, especially in the kitchen. 

Me: *waiting on the coffee pot, all alone in the kitchen, and buttering some toast*
Mother: *comes into the kitchen, and begins fixing her breakfast in front of the coffee pot, effectively blocking it*
Me: *trying to reach around her for the coffee, which is now ready* Excuse me.
Mother: I'll be out of your way in just a second.
Me: *waits, anticipating cold toast and eggs when all is done* -.-'

The camping toilet is your friend. I refused to live anywhere with only one bathroom, but even with two, DH and DS are often on the same schedule, so to speak. I hate coming home from work, to find all of the bathrooms occupied, so I made them buy me one of these!*

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Luggable-Portable-Gallon/dp/B000FIAPXO/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1357259977&sr=1-1&keywords=toilet

*I have yet to use it, but just knowing I have it keeps me sane.

I checked it out. A used one is about $2 cheaper.  ???   Ookkkkaayy.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #10188 on: January 03, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »
Camping toilet?  Good idea.  Used camping toilet?  Ehh, not so much.   ;D

ladyknight1

« Reply #10189 on: January 03, 2013, 08:11:06 PM »
A use for all those plastic shopping bags!  :P
-J.R.R Tolkien

Snooks

« Reply #10190 on: January 04, 2013, 05:30:57 AM »
20 minutes on the phone to the bank to find out what the terms are for my current account with them, you'd think that sort of thing would be easy to find out but at least 80% of that 20 minutes was spent on hold.

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #10191 on: January 04, 2013, 05:59:26 AM »
DH seems to think me getting up at 7 driving for an hour, packing boxes all day and driving home after 7 all with a very bad cold/throat infection (which I am sure is only as bad as it is because I am border line exhausted) and still recovering from a hernia op, constitutes a rest because I left baby girl at my mums with him. He only had a her for a few hours as SIL took  her out for most of the day.

He has also said in the past, when he has traveled for an evening out and would be crashing at his brothers (at my insistence) "well we could do with a rest."
Yes because being the sole care giver for a baby is a rest.

He can not get it through his head I am exhausted mostly because he worked away for 4 weeks and while he had long hours he also got down time.

I had Baby girl (who was going through an "I won't sleep" phase) on my own. So no down time

This drives me up the wall.

He is a wonderful, just clueless. (Grumpy panda face)  ;)
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #10192 on: January 04, 2013, 07:14:41 AM »
Couldn't find grumpy panda face.  Will Grumpy Cat do?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10193 on: January 04, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »
^^ laud_shy_girl, my friend's husband travels globally a lot for business, leaving her home alone with their two daughters (both under 5.) For Christmas, he told her that all he wanted was "time to himself." She told him he had to be kidding. Like all that alone time when he's traveling across Europe and she's home doing laundry and dishes and taking care of their kids? He's lucky she didn't punch him  :P

I recently found a product that I love. It's a completely unnecessary product though, there are no benefits for me except that it tastes good. I'd order more in a heartbeat...but their shipping is crazy expensive. A $30 order will cost me $10 to ship. I just can't justify it.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #10194 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
My DH was rather clueless about that kind of thing when my eldest was a baby.  Wonderful in other ways but some days I wanted to clobber him with a clue by four.   I don't think he got that it wasn't easy to keep a house clean with a walking toddler and being pregnant, or having a toddler and an infant at the same time and he'd come home and do the "what have you done all day?" remark.

He knows better now.  On Tuesday I spent 2 hours deep cleaning our living room (as in moving furniture to vacuum under it and unfolding the hide-a-bed to make sure that was clean.) and within two hours the older two had started to dump things in the living room that didn't belong in there.   Heck piratebabe causes less of a mess than his older brothers do.

It used to drive me mad when DH would say "don't jump on me once I need to get home, I need to unwind after work".  Which, I do recognize is true, as having worked I do understand that need.

But when I did work and came home I couldn't just unwind, I had to pick up the kids from daycare, make sure they did their homework and fix something for dinner. My drive from work to the daycare was all the unwinding time I got.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #10195 on: January 04, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »
A couple of kid-related ones. That my older two act like they were raised by wolves at home but in public and at someone else's home, they're angels.  Better than the other way around, I know, but I get tired of yelling at them to stop carrying on like wolf cubs at play in the house, especially when it's still getting dark around 5 and it's not like I can kick them out of the house.

When I'm putting pants on the baby.  Usually put them on when he's laying down or at least get the little legs in, then stand him up to pull them over his bum.  What does he do? Pulls his legs out of the pants.  I  put them back on one by one. 

Put the second leg in, he pulls out the first. Put it back in, he pulls out the other.  Like putting pants on an octopus, I swear.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #10196 on: January 04, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »
Maybe some kind of cotton drawstring bag would be easier?  >:D

Luci

« Reply #10197 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:28 AM »
 :D  Thanks for the memories! It used to crack me up when that happened!

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #10198 on: January 04, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
My current real peeve? People who don't understand that "Working from home" does not mean available for long telephone chats, meeting up at their convenience, running errands for them etc. I've just cut short yet another conversation with a relative who phoned for "just a chat" right in the middle of my work day, and I know I'll catch it in the neck from them later on. They don't do this when I'm in an office, but apparently because I'm working from home my deadlines aren't real.

Am I seriously going to have to go back to turning the phone off?

CuriousParty

« Reply #10199 on: January 04, 2013, 09:50:26 AM »
When I'm putting pants on the baby.  Usually put them on when he's laying down or at least get the little legs in, then stand him up to pull them over his bum.  What does he do? Pulls his legs out of the pants.  I  put them back on one by one. 

Put the second leg in, he pulls out the first. Put it back in, he pulls out the other.  Like putting pants on an octopus, I swear.

Sigh. Yes.  Though mine is still too little to stand (even with assistance - 5 months), so the octopus-like leg in/leg out happens on the changing table, then I have to kind of prop him up on my shoulder and jiggle to get the pants over his butt...which frequently ends with spitup on my shirt/arm/hair/pants/floor.