Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1566861 times)

Girlie

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10275 on: January 07, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
People who can't drive a steady speed on the highway.  It's really irritating when I'm driving with the cruise control on, and the person in front of me slows up and speeds down repeatedly.  It's annoying enough when you're just playing "leapfrog" with them, but when they decide they need to speed up because somebody's passing them, the slow back down once they make it impossible for you to get past without going 30mph over the speed limit, it's enough to make me want to throw something at them.

Or people who, on an empty road, will zoom up behind you in the right lane, until they're RIGHT on your bumper, then cut over to the left. And there's not another car in sight, in either lane. So why can't they just get over earlier?

And I admit that I tend to be little bit of a speeder - normally about 5 over or so, so I really can't stand when I'm in the RIDING lane, already going the speed limit or over, and someone comes up behind me and starts flashing their lights in an effort to get me to go even faster. Yep. Not going to happen. In cases like that, I maintain my speed (or slow down to the actual speed limit), and make no fuss when they make a move to go around me. I just find that behavior to be incredibly rude.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #10276 on: January 07, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
I hate it when I'm driving the speed limit in one of the middle lanes of the freeway when someone comes tearing up behind me. So, I'll put on my blinker and wait for an opening to the right. But, since speedy McGee is behind me, they'll get the opening first, and move into the right lane, blocking me. It's annoying to me because I signal my intent to change lanes, and if they would just wait for another 4 seconds, I would be out of their way, and we would both be happy. Bonus points if their maneuver means I can't make it over and I miss my exit  >:(
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

mmswm

« Reply #10277 on: January 07, 2013, 02:58:58 PM »
People who can't drive a steady speed on the highway.  It's really irritating when I'm driving with the cruise control on, and the person in front of me slows up and speeds down repeatedly.  It's annoying enough when you're just playing "leapfrog" with them, but when they decide they need to speed up because somebody's passing them, the slow back down once they make it impossible for you to get past without going 30mph over the speed limit, it's enough to make me want to throw something at them.

Or people who, on an empty road, will zoom up behind you in the right lane, until they're RIGHT on your bumper, then cut over to the left. And there's not another car in sight, in either lane. So why can't they just get over earlier?

And I admit that I tend to be little bit of a speeder - normally about 5 over or so, so I really can't stand when I'm in the RIDING lane, already going the speed limit or over, and someone comes up behind me and starts flashing their lights in an effort to get me to go even faster. Yep. Not going to happen. In cases like that, I maintain my speed (or slow down to the actual speed limit), and make no fuss when they make a move to go around me. I just find that behavior to be incredibly rude.

I've done a fair bit of driving in the last month, so I've had this happen a number of times as well.  It's really irritating.

Twiggy, that drives me bananas also.  Of course, I learned how to drive in Miami, the home of the rudest and most aggressive drivers in the country, so if I absolutely *must* pull off a jerk maneuver to get where I need to be, I can, but I really prefer not to.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10278 on: January 07, 2013, 03:18:15 PM »
We did a Secret Santa game at work this year. There are so many Secret Santa's (including mine!) who have not revealed themselves. Is this not part of the game? Everyone seems to be waiting for some kind of announcement that it's okay to tell your recipient. People are sending out company wide emails every day: "Thank you Secret Santa...whoever you are..." It's driving me crazy. I want to know who my Secret Santa is!!

I think some people crack, but I always thought that you were supposed to keep it secret...

Any I have seen have revealed at the Christmas party at end of the week. It's after Christmas now so should be all done.

Yes, exactly. We didn't have a Christmas party, but many people found a way to reveal themselves, either right before we left for Christmas break or after we got back. A signed card, an email, something now that the game is over. It's now January 7th and I still have not learned who was my Secret Santa.  :( I had to resort to sending a company-wide email to thank them.

Or, people usually reveal themselves in the last spectacular gift given.

mmswm

« Reply #10279 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »
I know that people talking in movie theaters has been discussed here.  I saw this just a few minutes ago, and while not ehell approved, it is funny.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=526877360666977&set=a.343053705716011.80331.342503639104351&type=1&theater
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #10280 on: January 07, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »
I know that people talking in movie theaters has been discussed here.  I saw this just a few minutes ago, and while not ehell approved, it is funny.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=526877360666977&set=a.343053705716011.80331.342503639104351&type=1&theater

I want to laugh but someone actually did sneeze a big, wet sneeze on me this summer when I went to a movie. :X With stadium seating.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #10281 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:22 PM »
I can't stand automatic toilets where the sensor is at a distance from the bowl.  I hate automatic toilets anyway, but especially the ones where there's a good chance that the sensor won't notice I'm there or will be so close to the top of my head that it'll go off when I bend down to get TP.  It seems like the designers could take into account somebody else besides the 6 foot tall Amazon in the next stall. 

Don't even get me started on automatic paper towel dispensers, or automated soap dispensers!

Dr. F.

« Reply #10282 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
I can't stand automatic toilets where the sensor is at a distance from the bowl.  I hate automatic toilets anyway, but especially the ones where there's a good chance that the sensor won't notice I'm there or will be so close to the top of my head that it'll go off when I bend down to get TP.  It seems like the designers could take into account somebody else besides the 6 foot tall Amazon in the next stall. 

Don't even get me started on automatic paper towel dispensers, or automated soap dispensers!

Automatic flush toilets are particularly bad for being sick into.

nuit93

« Reply #10283 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »

Automatic flush toilets are particularly bad for being sick into.

*shudder* I don't even want to think about that!

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #10284 on: January 07, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »
The automatic toilets at the schools I sub in flush when you sit down, but don't when you stand up.

Plus, the privacy walls in all the elementary schools are not privacy walls. I understand that elementary students are shorter, but when the teacher's head and shoulders are sticking out, it's too small.

Carotte

« Reply #10285 on: January 08, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »
Why are bras without padding so hard to find? Everywhere I turn you either get one or double push-ups, or magic up, or what have you.
I'm not really well endowed in the chest area, but I'm fine with what I have. More power to those who wears them because they want, but I just want a cute bra that doesn't do 'false advertising' where I don't see why it should.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of real 'lingerie' (you know, lace and stuff  ??? ::) - I'm perfectly comfy in my cotton underpants), I guess it's easier to find non-padded stuff when it's supposed to be see-thru?

mmswm

« Reply #10286 on: January 08, 2013, 02:39:35 PM »
Why are bras without padding so hard to find? Everywhere I turn you either get one or double push-ups, or magic up, or what have you.
I'm not really well endowed in the chest area, but I'm fine with what I have. More power to those who wears them because they want, but I just want a cute bra that doesn't do 'false advertising' where I don't see why it should.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of real 'lingerie' (you know, lace and stuff  ??? ::) - I'm perfectly comfy in my cotton underpants), I guess it's easier to find non-padded stuff when it's supposed to be see-thru?

I *hate* this.  I'm extremely well endowed in that area, and you'd think that the bra makers would realize that somebody who needs an E cup bra does not need any extra padding.  If I can find a bra that has no padding, it's flimsy and has no support.  I used to buy my underpinnings from an old woman who ran a shop on Miami Beach, and hand made them to fit, but she retired and nobody in her family took over the business.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #10287 on: January 08, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »

I *hate* this.  I'm extremely well endowed in that area, and you'd think that the bra makers would realize that somebody who needs an E cup bra does not need any extra padding.  If I can find a bra that has no padding, it's flimsy and has no support.  I used to buy my underpinnings from an old woman who ran a shop on Miami Beach, and hand made them to fit, but she retired and nobody in her family took over the business.

Add me to the list. I especially hate the neoprene bras that lose their shape if you dare to wash them.  ::)
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

squeakers

« Reply #10288 on: January 08, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »

The extra padding is to help hide "headlights".  Because women are not supposed to have *whispers* n1pples.

Yeah, darned if you do wear a bra with padding "she trying to make her big boobs look even bigger!" or one without "she's showing!"
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Shalamar

« Reply #10289 on: January 08, 2013, 05:02:12 PM »
This drove me up the wall yesterday ...

I got a call about a problem just as I was about to leave work.  The solution required help from another employee, so I called him, asked him to do a task, and requested that he call me when he was done so that I could do my part from home.  I then went to my car.

On the way home, my phone rang no fewer than twelve times.  We're not allowed to use cell phones while driving where I live, so all I could do was helplessly listen to it ring.  It would ring several times, stop (presumably when my colleague realized I wasn't going to answer), and then start ringing again two minutes later.  I kept yelling at the phone (because I'm mature that way) "LEAVE A VOICEMAIL, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!"

When I got home (about 20 minutes later), I called the guy back.  He said in surprise "Oh, it's you!  I was just about to leave you a voicemail."  Oh, NOW you've suddenly discovered voicemail?