News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 25, 2018, 12:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5502779 times)

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10245 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »
The automatic toilets at the schools I sub in flush when you sit down, but don't when you stand up.

Plus, the privacy walls in all the elementary schools are not privacy walls. I understand that elementary students are shorter, but when the teacher's head and shoulders are sticking out, it's too small.

Carotte

« Reply #10246 on: January 08, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
Why are bras without padding so hard to find? Everywhere I turn you either get one or double push-ups, or magic up, or what have you.
I'm not really well endowed in the chest area, but I'm fine with what I have. More power to those who wears them because they want, but I just want a cute bra that doesn't do 'false advertising' where I don't see why it should.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of real 'lingerie' (you know, lace and stuff  ??? ::) - I'm perfectly comfy in my cotton underpants), I guess it's easier to find non-padded stuff when it's supposed to be see-thru?

mmswm

« Reply #10247 on: January 08, 2013, 01:39:35 PM »
Why are bras without padding so hard to find? Everywhere I turn you either get one or double push-ups, or magic up, or what have you.
I'm not really well endowed in the chest area, but I'm fine with what I have. More power to those who wears them because they want, but I just want a cute bra that doesn't do 'false advertising' where I don't see why it should.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of real 'lingerie' (you know, lace and stuff  ??? ::) - I'm perfectly comfy in my cotton underpants), I guess it's easier to find non-padded stuff when it's supposed to be see-thru?

I *hate* this.  I'm extremely well endowed in that area, and you'd think that the bra makers would realize that somebody who needs an E cup bra does not need any extra padding.  If I can find a bra that has no padding, it's flimsy and has no support.  I used to buy my underpinnings from an old woman who ran a shop on Miami Beach, and hand made them to fit, but she retired and nobody in her family took over the business.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #10248 on: January 08, 2013, 02:32:40 PM »

I *hate* this.  I'm extremely well endowed in that area, and you'd think that the bra makers would realize that somebody who needs an E cup bra does not need any extra padding.  If I can find a bra that has no padding, it's flimsy and has no support.  I used to buy my underpinnings from an old woman who ran a shop on Miami Beach, and hand made them to fit, but she retired and nobody in her family took over the business.

Add me to the list. I especially hate the neoprene bras that lose their shape if you dare to wash them.  ::)
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

squeakers

« Reply #10249 on: January 08, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »

The extra padding is to help hide "headlights".  Because women are not supposed to have *whispers* n1pples.

Yeah, darned if you do wear a bra with padding "she trying to make her big boobs look even bigger!" or one without "she's showing!"
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #10250 on: January 08, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »

Try looking at Dillards for Wacoal bras.  Nice, supportive bras.  They are a bit pricey, but worth every penny.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #10251 on: January 08, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
I always have a problem with bra straps slipping off my shoulders no matter how many times I adjust them.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MinAvi

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #10252 on: January 08, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I am a F-G cup, and wear 2 AhhBras (one over the other) they are comfy, and give decent support.

I swear by them, but I know others who hate them so YMMV.

mmswm

« Reply #10253 on: January 08, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I am a F-G cup, and wear 2 AhhBras (one over the other) they are comfy, and give decent support.

I'll give them a try.  They can't be any worse than everything else that is out there.  Thanks. :)
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

HenrysMom

« Reply #10254 on: January 08, 2013, 05:29:56 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I'll give them a try.  They can't be any worse than everything else that is out there.  Thanks. :)

I'm also a F cup and the AhhBra gave me absolutely no support at all.

CuriousParty

« Reply #10255 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

And here I sing the praises of Freya, Elomi and Panache.  I am currently an H.  Yes. (Nursing mom). Normally a G.  I did not know until I tried Freya that the center panel really could sit against your chest, even if you had more than an A cup. Bonus: they're pretty!

They are pricey, but worth every penny, and they LAST. Also once your get your size right there are deals to be had in Nordstrom Rack and online. Especially if you don't care about wearing last season's fabrics.

Piratelvr, straps slipping off = wrong size.  If you ever make it in to B-more I have a great shop to get correctly sized.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #10256 on: January 08, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »
I always have a problem with bra straps slipping off my shoulders no matter how many times I adjust them.

Strap Perfect. I swear by them (https://www.strapperfect.com/).
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

MinAvi

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #10257 on: January 09, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »

[/quote]

Thats why I have to wear two.

but like I said, goose and gander.

perpetua

« Reply #10258 on: January 09, 2013, 03:18:48 AM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

If you have to wear 2, it's not doing its job as a bra.

Seconded a vote for Panache; the Tango 2 is the most comfortable and supportive bra I've ever worn. The Melody balconette isn't bad either, and Curvy Kate do some lovely balconettes that also do the job nicely. HH/J cup here, dependent on style.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #10259 on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:43 AM »
All this talk of bras reminded me of something that drives me up the wall...why are 99% of bras made for the larger sizes underwire? I have tried dozens of types, and had them professional fitted, and I still hate them! Which leaves me like 2 or 3 options only no matter where I look.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas