Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1840871 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10290 on: January 08, 2013, 05:17:20 PM »
Why are bras without padding so hard to find? Everywhere I turn you either get one or double push-ups, or magic up, or what have you.
I'm not really well endowed in the chest area, but I'm fine with what I have. More power to those who wears them because they want, but I just want a cute bra that doesn't do 'false advertising' where I don't see why it should.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of real 'lingerie' (you know, lace and stuff  ??? ::) - I'm perfectly comfy in my cotton underpants), I guess it's easier to find non-padded stuff when it's supposed to be see-thru?

Try looking at Dillards for Wacoal bras.  Nice, supportive bras.  They are a bit pricey, but worth every penny.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10291 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
I always have a problem with bra straps slipping off my shoulders no matter how many times I adjust them.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #10292 on: January 08, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I am a F-G cup, and wear 2 AhhBras (one over the other) they are comfy, and give decent support.

I swear by them, but I know others who hate them so YMMV.

mmswm

« Reply #10293 on: January 08, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I am a F-G cup, and wear 2 AhhBras (one over the other) they are comfy, and give decent support.

I'll give them a try.  They can't be any worse than everything else that is out there.  Thanks. :)
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

BarensMom

« Reply #10294 on: January 08, 2013, 06:29:56 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I'll give them a try.  They can't be any worse than everything else that is out there.  Thanks. :)

I'm also a F cup and the AhhBra gave me absolutely no support at all.

CuriousParty

« Reply #10295 on: January 08, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

And here I sing the praises of Freya, Elomi and Panache.  I am currently an H.  Yes. (Nursing mom). Normally a G.  I did not know until I tried Freya that the center panel really could sit against your chest, even if you had more than an A cup. Bonus: they're pretty!

They are pricey, but worth every penny, and they LAST. Also once your get your size right there are deals to be had in Nordstrom Rack and online. Especially if you don't care about wearing last season's fabrics.

Piratelvr, straps slipping off = wrong size.  If you ever make it in to B-more I have a great shop to get correctly sized.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #10296 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:52 AM »
I always have a problem with bra straps slipping off my shoulders no matter how many times I adjust them.

Strap Perfect. I swear by them (https://www.strapperfect.com/).
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #10297 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:42 AM »

[/quote]

Thats why I have to wear two.

but like I said, goose and gander.

perpetua

« Reply #10298 on: January 09, 2013, 04:18:48 AM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

If you have to wear 2, it's not doing its job as a bra.

Seconded a vote for Panache; the Tango 2 is the most comfortable and supportive bra I've ever worn. The Melody balconette isn't bad either, and Curvy Kate do some lovely balconettes that also do the job nicely. HH/J cup here, dependent on style.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #10299 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:43 AM »
All this talk of bras reminded me of something that drives me up the wall...why are 99% of bras made for the larger sizes underwire? I have tried dozens of types, and had them professional fitted, and I still hate them! Which leaves me like 2 or 3 options only no matter where I look.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10300 on: January 09, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »

Oooh, me likey! I have slim shoulders and am not very well endowed so the fact that they'll even give a bit of a lift is nice!

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10301 on: January 09, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »

Oooh, me likey! I have slim shoulders and am not very well endowed so the fact that they'll even give a bit of a lift is nice!

I have some of those. Unfortunately all my bras are adjusted to the very end of the strap so when I add these I feel like I'm being choked.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10302 on: January 09, 2013, 09:38:27 AM »
Why are bras without padding so hard to find? Everywhere I turn you either get one or double push-ups, or magic up, or what have you.
I'm not really well endowed in the chest area, but I'm fine with what I have. More power to those who wears them because they want, but I just want a cute bra that doesn't do 'false advertising' where I don't see why it should.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of real 'lingerie' (you know, lace and stuff  ??? ::) - I'm perfectly comfy in my cotton underpants), I guess it's easier to find non-padded stuff when it's supposed to be see-thru?

I *hate* this.  I'm extremely well endowed in that area, and you'd think that the bra makers would realize that somebody who needs an E cup bra does not need any extra padding.  If I can find a bra that has no padding, it's flimsy and has no support.  I used to buy my underpinnings from an old woman who ran a shop on Miami Beach, and hand made them to fit, but she retired and nobody in her family took over the business.

The extra padding is to help hide "headlights".  Because women are not supposed to have *whispers* n1pples.

Yeah, darned if you do wear a bra with padding "she trying to make her big boobs look even bigger!" or one without "she's showing!"

Add me to the group who doesn't need, and hates padding. I finally have found one style that fits, AND doesn't have padding. And I also use something called DIMRS, as I have, ahem, a rather annoying headlight issue. They're round silicone pads you put over the offending area, under your bra, and they really work well! They aren't meant to be worn sans bra, and are bit pricy, about $30 a pair, but I've had mine for several years now, and they last well. i prefer them to the adhesive thingys you stick on.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10303 on: January 09, 2013, 09:40:50 AM »
My other driving pet peeve is people who get in the middle lane, and tootle along well below the speed limit. I get that you might not be comfortable driving the speed limit, esp when in some areas its 70, but please move to the right lane!  You're impedeing the flow of traffic!!!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10304 on: January 09, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
I love ice cream but due to some tooth sensitivity it hurts to eat anything that cold. *pout* Milkshakes don't bother me though, thankfully.