Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1297131 times)

*new*mommyagain36

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10305 on: January 09, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
When info-mercial wares are ONLY 19.99 plus 9.99 P & H  But wait!  Order now and you get a 2nd doo-hickey for FREE, just pay separate P & H.  So, it's not really ONLY 19.99 and it's not really FREE either!
Ugh!  Just pick a pricepoint and sell it from there, people.   ::)
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

magicdomino

« Reply #10306 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
[quote author=siamesecat2965 link=topic=75495.msg2863879#msg2863879 Add me to the group who doesn't need, and hates padding. I finally have found one style that fits, AND doesn't have padding. And I also use something called DIMRS, as I have, ahem, a rather annoying headlight issue. They're round silicone pads you put over the offending area, under your bra, and they really work well! They aren't meant to be worn sans bra, and are bit pricy, about $30 a pair, but I've had mine for several years now, and they last well. i prefer them to the adhesive thingys you stick on.
[/quote]

I use round cotton pads made for cosmetic use.  They can move around, so I check the mirror whenever I'm in the restroom.  The silicone ones sound interesting, though.

Betelnut

« Reply #10307 on: January 09, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
I always have a problem with bra straps slipping off my shoulders no matter how many times I adjust them.

Strap Perfect. I swear by them (https://www.strapperfect.com/).

This link did something that drives me crazy--a LOUD yammering commercial that started the second the website loaded up.  I'm at work web designer.  I don't want a loud commercial about bra straps echoing through my office!  I instantly closed the website and will never access it again, just because of the loud, annoying commercial.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
« Reply #10308 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
[quote author=siamesecat2965 link=topic=75495.msg2863879#msg2863879 Add me to the group who doesn't need, and hates padding. I finally have found one style that fits, AND doesn't have padding. And I also use something called DIMRS, as I have, ahem, a rather annoying headlight issue. They're round silicone pads you put over the offending area, under your bra, and they really work well! They aren't meant to be worn sans bra, and are bit pricy, about $30 a pair, but I've had mine for several years now, and they last well. i prefer them to the adhesive thingys you stick on.

I use round cotton pads made for cosmetic use.  They can move around, so I check the mirror whenever I'm in the restroom.  The silicone ones sound interesting, though.
[/quote]

I use these under a bra:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000L1C8KS/ref=wms_ohs_product

I love them. They stay put, they're easy to clean, and a single pair has held up for more than 2 years so far.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Kaymyth

« Reply #10309 on: January 09, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »
I love ice cream but due to some tooth sensitivity it hurts to eat anything that cold. *pout* Milkshakes don't bother me though, thankfully.

It's the straw, keeps the cold away from your teeth. :)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10310 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
I just saw a post in the mac & cheese thread that deserves mention here:  People who can't stop bringing up a stupid and embarrassing mistake you made as a child or a teen.  I don't care who they are or what else they know; this is rude and insulting.

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #10311 on: January 09, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
When info-mercial wares are ONLY 19.99 plus 9.99 P & H  But wait!  Order now and you get a 2nd doo-hickey for FREE, just pay separate P & H.  So, it's not really ONLY 19.99 and it's not really FREE either!
Ugh!  Just pick a pricepoint and sell it from there, people.   ::)

I knew someone who worked for one of those businesses.  She took phone orders.  She was supposed to offer all the freebies because the company made its money by charging an arm and a leg for shipping and handling of those freebies.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #10312 on: January 09, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I am a F-G cup, and wear 2 AhhBras (one over the other) they are comfy, and give decent support.

I swear by them, but I know others who hate them so YMMV.

If you have to wear 2, it's not doing its job as a bra.

Except for people who have significant differences in size between breasts, which is not uncommon. One is almost always bigger, and in a good chunk of the population, one is a cup size or more bigger. Until designers start making custom swap-out cups, wearing two is the only option.

perpetua

« Reply #10313 on: January 09, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »
Try the Ahh-Bras.

I am a F-G cup, and wear 2 AhhBras (one over the other) they are comfy, and give decent support.

I swear by them, but I know others who hate them so YMMV.

If you have to wear 2, it's not doing its job as a bra.

Except for people who have significant differences in size between breasts, which is not uncommon. One is almost always bigger, and in a good chunk of the population, one is a cup size or more bigger. Until designers start making custom swap-out cups, wearing two is the only option.

But the PP said she wore two because one didn't give her enough support, in which case, it is not a bra she can really 'swear by', because one of them isn't doing its job. I don't see how one can swear by something that you need two of them to achieve what one is supposed to do. That's not a great product endorsement right there.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10314 on: January 09, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
My other driving pet peeve is people who get in the middle lane, and tootle along well below the speed limit. I get that you might not be comfortable driving the speed limit, esp when in some areas its 70, but please move to the right lane!  You're impedeing the flow of traffic!!!

In my area, it is better for slower traffic to be in the middle lane or lanes, since we have both exiting and entering traffic on the right and passing traffic in the left. Unfortunately, we don't have a minimum speed limit, but it generally works well.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10315 on: January 09, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »

[/quote]

HA - I used to fold a half a tissue and use that!  I like the ones i use. you don't feel them at all, and they work.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10316 on: January 09, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »
My other driving pet peeve is people who get in the middle lane, and tootle along well below the speed limit. I get that you might not be comfortable driving the speed limit, esp when in some areas its 70, but please move to the right lane!  You're impedeing the flow of traffic!!!

In my area, it is better for slower traffic to be in the middle lane or lanes, since we have both exiting and entering traffic on the right and passing traffic in the left. Unfortunately, we don't have a minimum speed limit, but it generally works well.

I can see this; but I'm talking about on the interstate, when it can be several miles between exits, or there's a lot of room on the entrance and exit ramps.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10317 on: January 09, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »
People who won't let things go, and INSIST on telling you how their way is better, or step by step instructions for something that you've already told them you are not interested in. I was emailing with a friend, who is horribly guilty of this, and answered a simple question. She has since sent me no less than eight emails about how I could do this instead, when I've told her i'm not interested nor need to know how to do said thing. Now I'm just ignoring them all.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10318 on: January 09, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »
No matter how many times you assert it, I will not believe you are a love goddess or the hottest man alive because you made that your email address.

That you used such an address to apply for college concerns me.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10319 on: January 09, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »
No matter how many times you assert it, I will not believe you are a love goddess or the hottest man alive because you made that your email address.

That you used such an address to apply for college concerns me.

Or a job.  I went to a seminar in 2001 about job hunting and a headhunter made this point.  She said "Do you think I will take you seriously if your e-mail address is vodkaqueen @ .......com?  I don't think so."

She took that one right out of my brain.