Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1742077 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10320 on: January 09, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
LOL!! That cracks me up!  Like people who try to tell you what a great partner they are or would be.  One guy I knew in college, when I was with DH, would tell me what a great bf he would be because he wanted me to talk him up to a mutual friend. 

I was too nice at the time, and too naive to say much either but oh man I wanted to say "Don't tell me, show her!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10321 on: January 09, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »

This link did something that drives me crazy--a LOUD yammering commercial that started the second the website loaded up.  I'm at work web designer.  I don't want a loud commercial about bra straps echoing through my office!  I instantly closed the website and will never access it again, just because of the loud, annoying commercial.

This is why I keep the sound muted on all of my devices - except of course for the iPhone's ringing and alarm clock. If I do want to hear something, it is easy to turn the sound back on, and in the meantime I am not subjected to the constant beeps and chirps when the computer does something, and best of all, I miss all those horrible yammering commercials.

I also can't stand the sound games make when I play them. Even from my first Gameboy, I keep the sound off, and I've rarely missed an alert because they catch my eye.

Carotte

« Reply #10322 on: January 09, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »
I have adblock that block adds and flash disabled until I click on the video to ok it - whenever I have to use someone else computer the adds and sound drive me well, up the wall. You don't realise how much adds there is until you have to face them again. It didn't really bother me when I had them, I would just gloss over and not see them, but now I couldn't live without them blocked.
Adblock is 'free' (you can paypal whatever you wish,or nothing,  to support the team that created it) and installed in less than 10 sec on Chrome, but I bet there's plenty of other services.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10323 on: January 09, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »
I have adblock that block adds and flash disabled until I click on the video to ok it - whenever I have to use someone else computer the adds and sound drive me well, up the wall. You don't realise how much adds there is until you have to face them again. It didn't really bother me when I had them, I would just gloss over and not see them, but now I couldn't live without them blocked.
Adblock is 'free' (you can paypal whatever you wish,or nothing,  to support the team that created it) and installed in less than 10 sec on Chrome, but I bet there's plenty of other services.

I have been using it for years, and I am shocked by the number of ads that show when I use another device without it.

snowflake

« Reply #10324 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »
People who won't let things go, and INSIST on telling you how their way is better, or step by step instructions for something that you've already told them you are not interested in. I was emailing with a friend, who is horribly guilty of this, and answered a simple question. She has since sent me no less than eight emails about how I could do this instead, when I've told her i'm not interested nor need to know how to do said thing. Now I'm just ignoring them all.

I used to surround myself with people like this.  Occasionally I think, "Oh no.  I probably just had a bad attitude and just perceived everyone as bossy."  And then I remember that on two occasions, I had a boyfriend try and explain to me that I was treating my menstrual cramps wrong.  Yes - I mean I went out with TWO guys who did this.  When I explained that my condition meant that slightly different meds worked for me, they accused me of lying about it just because "you have to be right."

What was wrong with me?  What was wrong with THEM?

Shalamar

« Reply #10325 on: January 09, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »
I had a boyfriend who insisted that something was wrong with me because - how can I put this delicately? - he didn't make me "happy".  He said over and over that all of his other girlfriends had been absolutely "ecstatic", and if I wasn't, it was MY fault. 

Suggesting that perhaps his previous girlfriends had been faking their happiness didn't go over well. 

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #10326 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
I always have a problem with bra straps slipping off my shoulders no matter how many times I adjust them.

Strap Perfect. I swear by them (https://www.strapperfect.com/).

Oooh, me likey! I have slim shoulders and am not very well endowed so the fact that they'll even give a bit of a lift is nice!

I'm built like that also.  :)

I struggled a bit the first time I attached one to the straps (you're working behind your own back after all, and can't see what you're doing), but caught on very quickly and have had no problems since.

Pretty sure they've saved me from insanity, as my straps won't stay up otherwise no matter what I do.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #10327 on: January 09, 2013, 06:56:38 PM »

This link did something that drives me crazy--a LOUD yammering commercial that started the second the website loaded up.  I'm at work web designer.  I don't want a loud commercial about bra straps echoing through my office!  I instantly closed the website and will never access it again, just because of the loud, annoying commercial.

This is why I keep the sound muted on all of my devices - except of course for the iPhone's ringing and alarm clock. If I do want to hear something, it is easy to turn the sound back on, and in the meantime I am not subjected to the constant beeps and chirps when the computer does something, and best of all, I miss all those horrible yammering commercials.

Same here. I'm blissfully unaware of loud ads and such because of it. That kind of stuff drives me up the wall.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

JadeAngel

« Reply #10328 on: January 09, 2013, 09:50:05 PM »
Maybe this is a new thing, I have no idea, but when I was at the supermarket yesterday I walked around the corner and came face to face with a little girl on a razor scooter... closely followed by a little boy on a bike with training wheels. Fortunately for me I am young and fit and I can dodge, although I wasn't exactly expecting to have to take evasive action in the freezer section. However the next person to come around that corner might not be so lucky.

I know that little Billy and Suzie are very excited by the new toys that Santa gave them, but bikes, scooters and all other wheeled contraptions are outside toys for a reason, particularly when they are in the hands of small children who don't have terrific motor skills yet. You wouldn't let them ride their bikes in your loungeroom, so why for pity's sake would you think it was a good idea to bring them to a place like the supermarket where not only are there other shoppers, but also shopping carts, prams and aisle displays to be navigated?

nuit93

« Reply #10329 on: January 09, 2013, 10:39:24 PM »
I had a boyfriend who insisted that something was wrong with me because - how can I put this delicately? - he didn't make me "happy".  He said over and over that all of his other girlfriends had been absolutely "ecstatic", and if I wasn't, it was MY fault. 

Suggesting that perhaps his previous girlfriends had been faking their happiness didn't go over well.

Did you date my ex?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10330 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:29 PM »
Maybe this is a new thing, I have no idea, but when I was at the supermarket yesterday I walked around the corner and came face to face with a little girl on a razor scooter... closely followed by a little boy on a bike with training wheels. Fortunately for me I am young and fit and I can dodge, although I wasn't exactly expecting to have to take evasive action in the freezer section. However the next person to come around that corner might not be so lucky.

I know that little Billy and Suzie are very excited by the new toys that Santa gave them, but bikes, scooters and all other wheeled contraptions are outside toys for a reason, particularly when they are in the hands of small children who don't have terrific motor skills yet. You wouldn't let them ride their bikes in your loungeroom, so why for pity's sake would you think it was a good idea to bring them to a place like the supermarket where not only are there other shoppers, but also shopping carts, prams and aisle displays to be navigated?

Can't imagine they're allowed, as most stores, at least in the US have even banned "heelies", the sneakers with wheels built into the heel for that very reason. Wonder how they got that past the employees? Especially the bike! :o
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #10331 on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »
People who decide on their own to help you with something, without first seeing if you actually need the help. 

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #10332 on: January 10, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »

Did you date my ex?

Ditto!

Probably more appropriate for "exchanges that make my head hurt" thread, but my ex—after I found out he cheated on me and confronted him—told me it was in part because he was trying to figure out how to make me "happy".  :o

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #10333 on: January 10, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »

Did you date my ex?

Ditto!

Probably more appropriate for "exchanges that make my head hurt" thread, but my ex—after I found out he cheated on me and confronted him—told me it was in part because he was trying to figure out how to make me "happy".  :o

And you let this gem get away??????  After proving he had such dedication to your happiness???? 

:P

My college ex's excuse was that he got bored during my study times of 6-9pm and I should have been happy that he wasn't bugging me.  I guess we had very different ideas about what a "favor" is.

Back on topic, I'm really starting to get annoyed with people who rush the elevator.  I work in a very large building (so the elevators are usually occupied) and nearly got run over yesterday at lunch time.  The elevator doors opened and a mob of people tried to get in before the occupants could even get out. 

snowflake

« Reply #10334 on: January 10, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »

Did you date my ex?

Ditto!

I dated him too!  Same guy who insisted that I didn't know how to treat cramps explained to me how women got "happy."  He went on about being in the right place mentally, forgiving, making peace with the world, etc.  I think he assumed that in order to be "happy" a woman had to be self-actualized.

I got out my anatomy textbook and started to explain.  Then he told me that I had too much science in my pretty little head to be happy.   :o  (He was completely ignoring the fact that I had been made "happy" for years without any problems.)

Yes, I did drive him up completely up the wall with that one.