Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1739574 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10410 on: January 15, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
I would not recommend trimming eyelashes.  That could result in pain if you accidentally go too far.

The Wild One, Forever

« Reply #10411 on: January 15, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »
When I ask DH to do/get something for me and he decides to 'upgrade' it. I've been sick this week, and last night I asked him to make me a cup of noodles. I really wanted the cheap, cup 'o noodles in the foam cup, and specifically asked for a cup of noodles, not soup. Instead he warmed up some from-scratch chicken noodle soup I had in the freezer.

Of course, I ate it, and thanked him profusely, but dang it, that's NOT what I wanted.

I feel you!  Many years ago, high school days, I had come down with strep throat.  It was just when summer vacation had begun; a friend of the family had come down to visit, and I was as sick as I ever remember being, lying on the couch wishing death would get it over with already, just waiting till the antibiotics took control.  FOF asked if there was anything I wanted and I told him yes, some of that chicken soup in the box with the "golden egg."  It was the only thing that I felt could make it down my throat and stay there.  Well, FOF is Greek, and boy howdy, did he upgrade me!  He made me that Greek chicken soup with the lemon, eggs, etc.  I love the stuff, but that is so not what I wanted at the time.  Plus, it took hours to make, and I really needed the saltiness of the box soup *right then and there* to kill that nasty taste in my mouth.  The experience did teach me to give a sick person exactly what they ask for, though. 
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Emmy

« Reply #10412 on: January 15, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »
I hear you about not getting exactly what you want.  In early pregnancy, when only very particular food sounded good, I wanted chicken noodle soup from a particular convenience store.  This store usually has 2 or 3 different soups daily, but chicken noodle always seemed to be on the menu.  DH kindly volunteered to go get me some and came back with butternut squash.  Turns out they didn't have it and he brought back butternut squash.  Ordinarily I love butternut squash, but at that time I really only wanted chicken noodle.  Such a small thing can be so disappointing.

I work out with a personal trainer at the gym.  It is so annoying when people go up to him and start asking questions or about scheduling an appointment while we are working.  My trainer keeps it short and tells them he'll handle it later, but I find it annoying that people want to have a Q&A on the time I am paying for.  It is easy to schedule an appointment on the computer or at the front desk and other questions should be asked on the time the asker is paying for, not me.  Unless it was an emergency, I would not interrupt a trainer with a client.

Sometimes a small ball or toy will get stuck where my 17 month old DD can't reach it or dislodge it and she'll want it out.  She'll pull on it and squeal angrily until I come to the rescue.  Then after all the fuss, she'll stick the toy back again and start the same reaction.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #10413 on: January 15, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
Sometimes a small ball or toy will get stuck where my 17 month old DD can't reach it or dislodge it and she'll want it out.  She'll pull on it and squeal angrily until I come to the rescue.  Then after all the fuss, she'll stick the toy back again and start the same reaction.

That last one is easy.  She wants the toy, you come to the rescue... now the toy is nothing, because she has your attention.  So she does what she did to get you back.  :)

Girlie

« Reply #10414 on: January 15, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »
Just thought of one... I hate when you go out to a restaurant that serves bread prior to the meal, and when they bring out the butter it's still frozen. How do you spread frozen butter?

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10415 on: January 15, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »
That certainly doesn't make sense. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10416 on: January 15, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »
I refuse to go to some Italian restaurants with my MIL and, formerly, my late dear grandmother-in-law because of their absolute refusal to use the seasoned olive oil provided for the bread. They wouldn't eat the bread plain either. They insisted the server bring butter to the table. If it had been a simple and quietly worded request, I would have been fine with it. However, it was a demand each time.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10417 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:34 PM »
At least once a week, I see someone walk straight from a stall to the door, without washing their hands. I shudder each and every time.

I used to work with a girl that did this. She apparently did not care that several of us saw her on a daily basis walk out of a stall and right out the door, having never stopped at the sink to wash her hands.  >:(

I work with a woman who stops at the sink just long enough to turn the faucet on and off. I think that's almost worse--I can use a paper towel to open the bathroom door, but there's really no unavoidable way of not touching the faucet.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

JadeAngel

« Reply #10418 on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:29 PM »
Speaking of sinks I strongly dislike those ones with the push button where the water is on a timer. Inevitably I just have my hands soaped up and the water cuts off, which means I need to press the tap again and get soap suds all over it for the next person. Twenty seconds is not long enough to wash your hands properly.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10419 on: January 15, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »
Speaking of sinks I strongly dislike those ones with the push button where the water is on a timer. Inevitably I just have my hands soaped up and the water cuts off, which means I need to press the tap again and get soap suds all over it for the next person. Twenty seconds is not long enough to wash your hands properly.

Yes! And the timer is always set for .5 seconds.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #10420 on: January 15, 2013, 08:40:45 PM »
At least once a week, I see someone walk straight from a stall to the door, without washing their hands. I shudder each and every time.

I used to work with a girl that did this. She apparently did not care that several of us saw her on a daily basis walk out of a stall and right out the door, having never stopped at the sink to wash her hands.  >:(

I work with a woman who stops at the sink just long enough to turn the faucet on and off. I think that's almost worse--I can use a paper towel to open the bathroom door, but there's really no unavoidable way of not touching the faucet.

>:( Why the charade? Everyone still knows she doesn't bother to wash her hands.

CakeEater

« Reply #10421 on: January 15, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »
My toddler will be two in March. The things that really drives me nuts at the moment is his habit of sticking his hand as far down my shirt as he can and grabbing the shirt from the inside and twisting.

Really annoying at home, but super annoying when I have him on one hip at the shops and my other hand full of stuff and I can't dislodge the arm from right down my front. Plus, I don't appreciate having my stomach exposed for the world to see.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10422 on: January 15, 2013, 11:31:54 PM »
My toddler will be two in March. The things that really drives me nuts at the moment is his habit of sticking his hand as far down my shirt as he can and grabbing the shirt from the inside and twisting.

Really annoying at home, but super annoying when I have him on one hip at the shops and my other hand full of stuff and I can't dislodge the arm from right down my front. Plus, I don't appreciate having my stomach exposed for the world to see.
Better that than the nursing baby who tries to undress you in the supermarket because s/he's hungry! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #10423 on: January 16, 2013, 01:56:03 AM »
People who claim that they got the flu after having the flu shot. Listen carefully, people, the vaccine is made from KILLED influenza virus. You can't catch the flu from the immunization.

That being said, I had a friend end up with a severe Guillain-Barre response to a flu shot years ago. Luckily, she was an ICU nurse, and was treated before irreparable damage was done. Reactions like this, however, are so very rare.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10424 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
People who claim that they got the flu after having the flu shot. Listen carefully, people, the vaccine is made from KILLED influenza virus. You can't catch the flu from the immunization.

That being said, I had a friend end up with a severe Guillain-Barre response to a flu shot years ago. Luckily, she was an ICU nurse, and was treated before irreparable damage was done. Reactions like this, however, are so very rare.

I did too, a few years ago. She was basically immobile/comatose for a year. She seems fine now though.