Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1749132 times)

mmswm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10785 on: February 07, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »
Prescription errors.  Two days ago, I called in for a prescription for a Ventolin inhaler because I noticed that there were no refills on my current one and it was nearly empty.  I distinctly said "Ventolin".

My doctor called in an Advair diskus instead of a rescue inhaler.  I already have an Advair diskus that isn't even half-way empty yet.  My current rescue inhaler is maybe two doses away from being empty.  I am not amused.  Iím hoping I can stay polite on the phone tomorrow, because after this, their latest mistake, Iím ready to use creative profanity.  Well, I wonít go that far, but itís aggravating.  This isn't the first mistake they've made, and I am so over being treated like a pest when I call them up to ask them to fix it.

My former GP used a computerised prescription system, where he highlighted the prescription needed, and it printed out the prescription form.  Fabulous!  Except for the time my ventolin inhaler was needed.  I put the script in at the pharmacy, and the pharmacist called me over, saying 'Do you really want this?'  I looked at the form, it was for Ventolin injection, rather than the inhaler.  For information, the injection is often used for halting premature labour, and since I wasn't in labour or even pregnant, it wasn't really appropriate. 

We had a good laugh about it, and he gave me the inhaler anyway (here we can get one inhaler OTC, but the pricing works out differently on occasion, and I can get two inhalers on prescription).

Re Bob the ghost moving things - I live with Boris, who does much the same thing. I generally ask him by name to return the item, turn away and it returns to where I left it.  Usually, anyway.  Boris has a long, long track record, including opening and closing doors in front of me, on request, hiding things in very unlikely places, sometimes for years, even putting in the occasional appearance, even if just in shadow profile form.  A recent psychic visit gave me total chills when she described him before I mentioned anything, and now I have a proper name, but he still answers to Boris.

And fried rice...  I usually order the Special Fried Rice - big chunks of chicken, pork, king prawns, it's a meal on it's own.

Bob and Boris must be brothers!  Occasionally I'll get flustered and shout "BOB!  You bring me my <insert lost item name here> right now!" and he generally complies.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #10786 on: February 07, 2013, 05:06:50 PM »
Speaking of comments, I have to remember to not read the comments on some fbook fan pages.  Unsurprisingly I'm sure, I "liked" a page that shares quite a few pictures of Johnny Depp daily and without fail there are women leaving comments as though it's actually Johnny sharing the photos.   It's made pretty clear that the page is a FAN page, not actually run by the man himself.

On the day of the Sandy Hook tragedy, one woman criticized Johnny for sharing pictures of himself when it was such a tragic day.   And there are ALWAYS comments like that directed to Johnny as though they think he's the one behind it.   ::)

Facebook comments never fail to amaze me. Grumpy Cat (well, her owner) had to post a message asking people to quite making hateful comments criticizing the cat's negativity.  ???

Recently, the I [expletive] Love Science page posted a bunch of photographs of famous scientists when they were small children - Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, Einstein, and a few others. In the comments, someone asked why they hadn't included a childhood photograph of Isaac Newton.

I saw that!  The Eagle and I had a good laugh about it!  Then looked up the history of color photographs and found that they go back much farther than we thought...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10787 on: February 07, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »
People who don't know how to use the washers/dryers in my complex's laundry rooms. Today I had my clothes in, and had started two machines, and as I was putting the soap in, i realized someone had dumped a short ton of smelly, purple fabric softener in as well. I despite any type of fs, as i have really bad allergies etc. thankfully i had paper towels in my car, so i was able to scoop most of it out, however, my hands now reek, and I had to re-wash one load since it stank too.

I am so tired of people pouring what seems like an entire bottle of stuff in, and it just sits, or using relaly smelly detergent or fs, which then makes me sniff the insdie of each washer before I use it.

Anyone know how to get the smell off your hands? I've tried soap, vinegar, baking soda, and touching a stainless spoon. to no avail. UGH>

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #10788 on: February 07, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »
Lemon or orange peel will get just about any smell from your hands.

Just wash your hands with it like you would a bar of soap.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #10789 on: February 07, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »
Got the correct inhaler today.  8) I think that's the fastest I've ever seen them correct a mistake.  Progress!  ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10790 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
People who don't know how to use the washers/dryers in my complex's laundry rooms. Today I had my clothes in, and had started two machines, and as I was putting the soap in, i realized someone had dumped a short ton of smelly, purple fabric softener in as well. I despite any type of fs, as i have really bad allergies etc. thankfully i had paper towels in my car, so i was able to scoop most of it out, however, my hands now reek, and I had to re-wash one load since it stank too.

I am so tired of people pouring what seems like an entire bottle of stuff in, and it just sits, or using relaly smelly detergent or fs, which then makes me sniff the insdie of each washer before I use it.

Anyone know how to get the smell off your hands? I've tried soap, vinegar, baking soda, and touching a stainless spoon. to no avail. UGH>

And I will be rewashing again tomorrow. some of them still smell really really strongly of the fs.  ugh. thank goodness i'm working from home so i can sneak down and throw it in first thing. i may add some baking soda to take the smell away. my hands are fine, but the wet clothes that still smell are giving me a headache!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10791 on: February 07, 2013, 10:26:51 PM »
When DH complains that I won't sleep in.  See, since I get up at 6 am M-F to see our eldest off to the bus, 7:30-8am IS sleeping in for me.  Unless I'm sick or the baby's sick and kept me up, I cannot sleep past 8.

I could understand his complaining if I expected him to get up at the same time but I don't. He's not a morning person, I get it.  The only time I will bug him to get up early on a weekend is if we have somewhere to go. Which is VERY rare.

Once we went to a store before Mother's Day and the cashier asked me if they were going to let me sleep in and have breakfast in bed.  Before I could answer DH said "We would if she'd stay in bed long enough for us to bring breakfast to her!" He did it in a joking way but sheesh, what's the big deal about me being a morning person?  It's not like I'm all that chipper when I first wake up. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Adelaide

« Reply #10792 on: February 07, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »
I'm so sick of epic-length statuses popping up on my Facebook feed about how "I wuv my snuggle bunny" or "I have the best hubby/wifey in the whole wide world and everyone should be jealous" and what have you. I can't say I give two flying flicks about what you trained your husband to make you for dinner or how you're engaged to "the most beautiful princess ever" or what kind of day you're having and the excruciating details of how your significant other made it better. I don't care. No. One. Cares.

Yes, I could block these people but a) it typically happens once in a blue moon and b) if I'd blocked all of them by now I'd have no friends. My concerns really aren't even that "legitimate". Facebook is for what you want it to be for, I get it, but if I roll my eyes any more they're going to stick that way.

The absolute worst are the people who say "Oh don't worry, you'll find someone!" As if that's the problem. Even when I'm with someone I don't post that sort of inane poppycock all over Facebook, and typically the people who do are the ones who turn right around and post an entire song's worth of moody lyrics as soon as said "snuggle bunnies" and "princesses" break up with them.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #10793 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:39 PM »
I'm so sick of epic-length statuses popping up on my Facebook feed about how "I wuv my snuggle bunny" or "I have the best hubby/wifey in the whole wide world and everyone should be jealous" and what have you. I can't say I give two flying flicks about what you trained your husband to make you for dinner or how you're engaged to "the most beautiful princess ever" or what kind of day you're having and the excruciating details of how your significant other made it better. I don't care. No. One. Cares.

Yes, I could block these people but a) it typically happens once in a blue moon and b) if I'd blocked all of them by now I'd have no friends. My concerns really aren't even that "legitimate". Facebook is for what you want it to be for, I get it, but if I roll my eyes any more they're going to stick that way.

The absolute worst are the people who say "Oh don't worry, you'll find someone!" As if that's the problem. Even when I'm with someone I don't post that sort of inane poppycock all over Facebook, and typically the people who do are the ones who turn right around and post an entire song's worth of moody lyrics as soon as said "snuggle bunnies" and "princesses" break up with them.

This drives me nuts, too.  I have a relative who is getting married soon, and it seems every other day she goes on about how she "can't wait to be married!!!"  I'm happy for her, and I know she's excited, but I really don't want to hear it anymore.  Plus, and I realize this is my problem alone, I'm chronically single.  Even though I don't want to be with someone, the fact that I'm not, and they're going on about how happy they are, just feels like they're rubbing it in my face.  Who likes to be on the outside looking in?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10794 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:59 AM »
I have a few.

Clothes, particularly clothes that don't fit the wearer properly or don't cover what the wearer wants covered. I saw a young woman wearing shorts at least two sizes two small, the hem of the shorts dug into her legs and she had an inch of flesh sticking out over the waist. Another young woman was wearing very short shorts, and felt the need to pull and tug them down incessantly.  :o

Students (college in my case) that talk all the way through class. The professors notice ~1/2 the time, but it is so annoying. One of the reasons I will always sit in the front of the class is that I want to hear the lecture! Silly me.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #10795 on: February 08, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »
I don't have legions of FB "friends" but this would drive me batty.  The world is becoming so banal because of all this.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10796 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »
DH and I will have been together 19 years in July, and we celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary in October.

I probably post 6 mushy  :-* posts a year about him. I have friends though that post that kind of drivel on a weekly basis. It is annoying, but like my friends who are less than politically correct, I have learned to skim their posts and shares before reading the content. Keeps my limited sanity in check.  ;)

Redsoil

« Reply #10797 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
*Looking around for Grumpy Cat*
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10798 on: February 08, 2013, 08:35:22 AM »
I have relatives who post that kind of thing as well.  "I love you honey!" or "I miss you honey!" And sometimes "Oh I love my honey!"  Okay, great, glad to hear it.  What really makes me roll my eyes is I have seen this couple in action and while they are not abusive towards each other, they're not nearly as lovey dovey as she seems to want people to think they are.

I did rather chuckle when one of my aunts commented on one of those status updates something to the effect of "get a room!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #10799 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48:15 AM »
One day I got annoyed and defriended everyone who called their wife "wifey." I cannot stand that. I don't know if it's because it reminds me of some 1960s housewife or what, but it raises my hackles.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!