Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1740525 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10875 on: February 12, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
I ordered the following items from Amazon late Friday.

12" cast iron skillet
handle cover for skillet
3 books
mayonnaise knife
fish spatula

They came in two boxes, and the box that held everything but the skillet also had a 2-pack of crayons that had been obviously used.

So now I wonder, where did the crayons come from? At what point did they find their way into the box? The suspense is killing me.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #10876 on: February 12, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »
Must be something in the air.  I ordered some candy.  I got a 6 pack of men's deodorant.   ???  Good thing my Dad doesn't like to stink, right?  Odd.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10877 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:23 AM »
Random used crayons and now men's deodorant. How strange!

alkira6

« Reply #10878 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »
How about three cases of sour cream and onion popchips when I ordered one. I was charged for none of them and told to keep them. Thanks?!

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #10879 on: February 12, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »
Random used crayons and now men's deodorant. How strange!

I figure it must be a rough week in the warehouses with V Day coming up.  My behind didn't need the candy anyway, really. 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #10880 on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
How about three cases of sour cream and onion popchips when I ordered one. I was charged for none of them and told to keep them. Thanks?!

Mental note: order all snacks through Amazon.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #10881 on: February 12, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
This is all so funny!  I ordered cereal bowls but received men's bedroom slippers.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10882 on: February 12, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »
Hmm, I wonder if someone ordered used crayons.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10883 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »
#1  Hypocrisy about the small things:  On the way home today, DH and I were composing our grocery list to make an impromptu stop for food.  I said I wanted more instant coffee packs (mmm caramel latte).  He said, "Huh.  Those things are pretty expensive and don't they have a bunch of chemicals in them?"  I told him when he stops eating "dehydrated cheese by-products" (aka Kraft dinner) then he can judge me.

HA - my cousin tried to do that to me once. She is constantly trying to lose weight, but she tries every quick fix, "fad" diet, etc. but she also doesn't stick to them as she should. She munches on carp all day long. Her latest is some plan where you have shakes, snack bars and cookies and meal replacement bars. So one day we are heading out for a day of shopping, and I'm driving, and munching on a protein bar. She then comments about "how much sugar" is in them.

Uh huh. Meanwhile, in that same time, she's chowed down on THREE of her snack bars. And I'm not ashamed to say when she left, I fished a wrapper out of the trash, only to find HER bar had 1g less of sugar than mine. HA

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10884 on: February 12, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »
At least she eats fish all day.  ;D

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #10885 on: February 12, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
#1  Hypocrisy about the small things:  On the way home today, DH and I were composing our grocery list to make an impromptu stop for food.  I said I wanted more instant coffee packs (mmm caramel latte).  He said, "Huh.  Those things are pretty expensive and don't they have a bunch of chemicals in them?"  I told him when he stops eating "dehydrated cheese by-products" (aka Kraft dinner) then he can judge me.

[snip]

My husband and I have a similar conversation about my organization of certain parts of the house and his desk.  It's mostly the kids' stuff which I try to keep organized but some days, it's like shoveling during a snowstorm.  Yet you can't breathe near his desk without upsetting a stack of whatever.  I haven't seen the top of it in nearly a year.  So when he starts in on me, I just look at his desk and raise an eyebrow.  That usually does the trick. ;)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10886 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »
Caps lock is driving me up the wall right now. I am in a group on Facebook that is geared towards one of the Facebook games. Two of the ladies in there always TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS. It makes me crazy! I get this mental picture in my head of someone yelling at me at the top of their lungs.
My mother did that right after she got email.  She has arthritis in her hands, and said that it was less trouble to type that way, because she didn't have to use the shift key.  Perhaps that is the case with these ladies.  Has it been explained to them that all caps=shouting? Mom stopped after we explained.  Now she just uses all lowercase.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

squeakers

« Reply #10887 on: February 12, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »
Caps lock is driving me up the wall right now. I am in a group on Facebook that is geared towards one of the Facebook games. Two of the ladies in there always TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS. It makes me crazy! I get this mental picture in my head of someone yelling at me at the top of their lungs.
My mother did that right after she got email.  She has arthritis in her hands, and said that it was less trouble to type that way, because she didn't have to use the shift key.  Perhaps that is the case with these ladies.  Has it been explained to them that all caps=shouting? Mom stopped after we explained.  Now she just uses all lowercase.

Some people use all caps because they can't see very well.  And they don't know to just increase the size of the browser screen or the size of the font.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

magicdomino

« Reply #10888 on: February 12, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »

Some people use all caps because they can't see very well.  And they don't know to just increase the size of the browser screen or the size of the font.

My sister says that ALL CAPS easier to read.  On the other hand, I have trouble reading the similar-sized letters; my eye just skims over them, especially when she types one huge paragraph.

MrTango

« Reply #10889 on: February 12, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
My sister says that ALL CAPS easier to read.  On the other hand, I have trouble reading the similar-sized letters; my eye just skims over them, especially when she types one huge paragraph.

There was some money spent in my state to research whether ALL CAPS is easier to read than Individually Capitalized Words.  The purpose of the study was to help decide how road signs should be printed.

It turns out that most people studied were able to read Individually Capitalized Words faster and more accurately than ALL CAPS.