News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 21, 2018, 06:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5487436 times)

Delia DeLyons

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #10995 on: March 01, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »
Fungus gnats
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #10996 on: March 01, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
Do you have fbook linked to your yahoo account (if you have one, or some other messenger)?  DH had his fbook and yahoo messenger accounts linked and for a while anytime he changed his status on Yahoo it would enter that as his status on fbook. 

So for a few days his status would be "Sleeping" or "At work".  My bff would reply "At home", "Awake", or "Chatting with your wife."

Nope - it's not linked to anything. It's apparently just making stuff up to amuse itself.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

mmswm

« Reply #10997 on: March 01, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »
Do you have fbook linked to your yahoo account (if you have one, or some other messenger)?  DH had his fbook and yahoo messenger accounts linked and for a while anytime he changed his status on Yahoo it would enter that as his status on fbook. 

So for a few days his status would be "Sleeping" or "At work".  My bff would reply "At home", "Awake", or "Chatting with your wife."

Nope - it's not linked to anything. It's apparently just making stuff up to amuse itself.

While sitting on three laptops  in the living room of the same house, FB thinks I'm in an area about 5 miles east, my mother is in an area 5 miles south, and my father is in an area about 10 miles north.  If we dig out our iPhones, we get three additional cities, all from the very same living room.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

diesel_darlin

« Reply #10998 on: March 01, 2013, 08:23:53 PM »
My Mom changes locations oftentimes during the same conversation. One minute she will be in hertown, then it will change to town5milesover. Ill ask her if she is texting and driving, and she will say no, that she is laying on the couch!  :o

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #10999 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08:47 AM »
Waxing my eyebrows.  Ow.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #11000 on: March 02, 2013, 02:45:50 AM »
People making up their own definitions for words.

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #11001 on: March 02, 2013, 06:18:44 AM »

Not to mention pronunciations.

Luci

« Reply #11002 on: March 02, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »
When I send an email from either computer, the address shows up on my iPhone. I responded to a party invitation and now I have to delete that one time only address and hope it stays gone. Clutter! It also pulls a sent email address from my contact list and gives it its own line instead of just leaving it in the cantact page under the person. Gr-r-r-r.

Note to self: check email settings.

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #11003 on: March 02, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »
An ehell petpeeve: when posters go like 'oh I have been a special snowflake/rude because I did [insert perfectly legitimate thing here]. Random made up example: 'I got violently ill yesterday, so I didn't attend this special engagement party, and called I couldn't attend. I am such a special snowflake!'

Ok, I guess that many people are really insecure, but mean me can't help but thinking 'how can you NOT know that that is perfectly normal and legit behavior?' Super-mean me sometimes wonders if people are ask-bragging about their good behavior (though normal me figures that is likely not the case)

But please don't stop posting such things on my account when you are really insecure. It's just my petpeeve, and petpeeves aren't always rational :p

mbbored

• Budget Grad Student
« Reply #11004 on: March 02, 2013, 10:55:08 AM »

Ugh, I have an acquaintance who does that with names because it's "fancier!" John becomes Johann, Alice becomes Elyse, Veronica becomes Veronique. She kept trying to call me "Marie Belle" not "Mary Beth" until I put my foot down and said my name was perfectly fine as it is and she had no right to change it.

Now she thinks I'm snobby.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #11005 on: March 02, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »
That's why "Tarjay" for Target annoyed me so much for a long time. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #11006 on: March 02, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »

Ugh, I have an acquaintance who does that with names because it's "fancier!" John becomes Johann, Alice becomes Elyse, Veronica becomes Veronique. She kept trying to call me "Marie Belle" not "Mary Beth" until I put my foot down and said my name was perfectly fine as it is and she had no right to change it.

Now she thinks I'm snobby.

SnarkyTraska would be tempted to respond to her as "Fluffy Wuffy Silly Fancy Princess Foo Foo Button Berry IX".

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #11007 on: March 02, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
I'm sure I've had people roll their eyes at me when I insist on being called by my given name.  Yes, I know it's a nickname of Ann(e) but not in my case.  I don't care if people think it's too young for a woman my age and Ann is more mature.  It's not my name!  People have even said "Well it can be a nickname for your name!"

I have nothing against the name Ann(e) but I like my own name, thanks. I think it suits me and don't really care if people think it's a "little girl's name".  There are plenty of famous adults named Annie.  Annie Lennox, Annie Potts, Annie Leibovitz, to name a few. 

Mind you it doesn't bother me when it's someone I don't know well but there have been people such as teachers or former friends, or co-irkers who knew me for years and still insisted on calling me Ann.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11008 on: March 02, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
I feel your pain. I share a name with a popular jewelry store, and people constantly want to have breakfast at my house.

Its very rare to find someone that doesnt want to shorten or alter my name.  >:(

Snooks

« Reply #11009 on: March 02, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »
My brother at the moment, or possibly his girlfriend.  I'm not sure which one of them is the cause but it would be nice if just one of them could make half an ounce of effort.