Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1863811 times)

CrochetFanatic

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11085 on: March 03, 2013, 09:15:46 PM »
Being cut off mid-sentence then given the cold shoulder when I don't respond to what was said to cut off me.  Well, you obviously thought what I had to say wasn't important enough to finish saying so why should I bother to keep going?

POD a thousand times over.  Happens to me all the time.  >:(

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #11086 on: March 03, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »
People who compound a rude action with a rude reaction to it.

I was in a movie theatre yesterday, sitting in the aisle seat of the second row from the middle (the row just behind the one facing the divide) with a large cup of coffee in the cup holder end of the armrest.  We were there for the opera broadcast, which was to start in about an hour. 

Of course, having the aisle seat in that situation means having to pull in or stand to allow others to pass, which wouldn't have been a big deal if the same people didn't make multiple trips in the space of 20 minutes.  One couple did this and the man knocked over my coffee cup, which was still 2/3rds full.  No warning, and the cup landed under the seat in front of me, which was then occupied.  I looked up in time for the landing and said, "Oh, no; there goes my coffee!" 

The transgressor said "That's why God invented restaurants."

JadeAngel

« Reply #11087 on: March 03, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »
TV scripts written by women who have never given birth/men who have never watched an actual woman giving birth.

Like the two I saw depicting water births;

1. They fill the outdoor spa, which miraculously doesn't take around twelve hours to fill and heat (despite being big enough to seat four people) and then the labouring woman hops into the spa, produces her offspring and she and her husband sit in the crystal clear waters to have their first family cuddle with their child. Now without getting into the messy details of giving birth (which I have not done I admit) it seems very unlikely to me that the water in the spa would be blue, clean and sparkling - unless of course the child was born into a chlorine bath...

2. The mother to be sits in a regular bathtub (in a lovely white floaty frock), assisted in her birth by two unqualified medical students while half the cast of the show wander in and out of the bathroom carrying wine glasses, beer bottles and bits of cheese on crackers (She's giving birth in the middle of an impromptu cocktail party apparently) The Mother to be says "Oh! Oooooh!" and, 'hey presto! A baby! Give her a glass of wine, hurrah! Is there any more cheese?'

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11088 on: March 04, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
Those little signs of getting older.  Despite Pirateboy2's sweet insistence that I look like a teenager, more and more I'm reminded I'm not getting any younger.  Like little joint aches here and there. 

That and seeing stuff I grew up with in antique stores. :P :D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11089 on: March 04, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »
My own OCD tendancies about my laundry and the way it smells. I posted a litle while back about someone putting too much stinky fabric softener into the machines, and it it turn making MY clothes stink.

I am obsessed with the smell of clean laundry. I can't stand any scent of any kind. I don't know why, but it bugs the living daylights out of me. I live for the day I have my own W/D and don't have to worry any of these things.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11090 on: March 04, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »
My "new" computer.  I have spent the last two days trying to get it to let me play games.  I keep getting BSOD and nothing I've been trying has worked.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11091 on: March 04, 2013, 12:20:38 PM »
My own OCD tendancies about my laundry and the way it smells. I posted a litle while back about someone putting too much stinky fabric softener into the machines, and it it turn making MY clothes stink.

I am obsessed with the smell of clean laundry. I can't stand any scent of any kind. I don't know why, but it bugs the living daylights out of me. I live for the day I have my own W/D and don't have to worry any of these things.

My sympathies! I can't stand the detergent I use for traveling. The bottle is small and my brand doesn't come in small bottles. It leaves our clothes very strong smelling. Going down the laundry aisle is not a pleasant experience for me because of all the dryer softening sheets emitting so many odors.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11092 on: March 04, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »

My sympathies! I can't stand the detergent I use for traveling. The bottle is small and my brand doesn't come in small bottles. It leaves our clothes very strong smelling. Going down the laundry aisle is not a pleasant experience for me because of all the dryer softening sheets emitting so many odors.

I've always hated that aisle. thankfully, the stuff I use is close to the end, so I just run in, grab it, and run out.  and what I've done for travel, is put some of my unscented stuff in a bottle, adn stick it in a ziplock. this way if it leaks, its only in the bag.  and I have clean, non-stinky clothes!

MrTango

« Reply #11093 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
Being cut off mid-sentence then given the cold shoulder when I don't respond to what was said to cut off me.  Well, you obviously thought what I had to say wasn't important enough to finish saying so why should I bother to keep going?

I did something similar once to a lawyer.  I was giving a deposition while under oath, and the lawyer was asking rapid-fire questions in an obvious effort to trip me up.

I was a teenager and not there willingly (I wasn't being accused of anything, but a friend of mine was.  The lawyer questioning me was working for the prosecution.)

Any time I finished an answer, he would immediately fire back with a follow-up question, clearly trying to get me flustered.  Instead, I sat there silently with my mouth closed, counted to three in my head, and then answered the followup question.

Since his attempt to rapidly fire questions wasn't working, he resorted to interrupt me mid-sentence.  Whenever he did that, I was silent for a 5-count, then said something along the lines of "You asked me [question].  I was not done answering that question.  I'm going to finish answering that question first.  Once I have done so, I will answer any follow up questions you may have."

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11094 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »

I did something similar once to a lawyer.  I was giving a deposition while under oath, and the lawyer was asking rapid-fire questions in an obvious effort to trip me up.

I was a teenager and not there willingly (I wasn't being accused of anything, but a friend of mine was.  The lawyer questioning me was working for the prosecution.)

Any time I finished an answer, he would immediately fire back with a follow-up question, clearly trying to get me flustered.  Instead, I sat there silently with my mouth closed, counted to three in my head, and then answered the followup question.

Since his attempt to rapidly fire questions wasn't working, he resorted to interrupt me mid-sentence.  Whenever he did that, I was silent for a 5-count, then said something along the lines of "You asked me [question].  I was not done answering that question.  I'm going to finish answering that question first.  Once I have done so, I will answer any follow up questions you may have."

Well done! Haha.  I bet that ticked off him, too.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

MrTango

« Reply #11095 on: March 04, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »

Well done! Haha.  I bet that ticked off him, too.

It did.  Big time.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11096 on: March 04, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »

There is a guy in my class that does this. I have tried to nicely let him know that it is very rude to interrupt people. It wouldnt be so bad if he wouldnt just walk up to a group and start talking over EVERYBODY. Then if no one paid him any attention he would stand there and say HEY HEY HEY till everyone else shut up and gave him their full attention. I finally started asking him why he thought that what he said was more important than what anyone else has to say. Hes gotten better, thank goodness.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11097 on: March 04, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »
I knew a guy that was always interrupting people.  Once he interrupted his (then gf, now stbxwife) and when he was finished asked what she was going to say. She refused to say because "You obviously weren't interested!" He then went on to pout and say he was "hurt that she would think he didn't care! How could she think he didn't care?"

I said "Um, maybe because you interrupted her?"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11098 on: March 04, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
I knew a guy that was always interrupting people.  Once he interrupted his (then gf, now stbxwife) and when he was finished asked what she was going to say. She refused to say because "You obviously weren't interested!" He then went on to pout and say he was "hurt that she would think he didn't care! How could she think he didn't care?"

I said "Um, maybe because you interrupted her?"

Im guilty of that as well. If someone repeatedly interrupts me, I will just flat out stop talking. When they ask what I was saying, I reply that they would know if I were allowed to finish!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11099 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45:29 PM »
With DH or my bff I will sometimes let out an exasperated "Will you let me TALK ALREADY?" Especially when they have asked me a question and keep interrupting me as I'm trying to answer.

I usually get a "Sorry, go ahead."  It's still annoying, though. And with people I"m not as close to, and thus not as comfortable being blunt with, I just stop conversing with them.