Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1538825 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11115 on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:20 PM »
I think it's cause some people can't stand anyone being higher or lower than they are.  If you're down they'll bring you up cause they don't like seeing someone sad, but if you're happier than they are, they have to bring you down.

When DH was in Paris Island, I missed him terribly but was greatly anticipating his graduation and 10 days of leave, especially as it got closer and closer because we'd be spending all 10 days together. I was even going down with his family to pick him up.

One "friend" said "Well yeah but after those two days are up you won't know when you'll get to see him again!" Which was true, but man, she couldn't just let me enjoy the fact that I'd be seeing him in a week?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

that_one_girl

« Reply #11116 on: March 06, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »
Anyone (even my husband) standing closer to me than 12"  while I'm in the kitchen making food or washing dishes. It makes me go bonkers.

Having to be in a bed where the sheet is tucked in at the end.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11117 on: March 06, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »
Anyone (even my husband) standing closer to me than 12"  while I'm in the kitchen making food or washing dishes. It makes me go bonkers.

Having to be in a bed where the sheet is tucked in at the end.

Mine is the blankets tucked into the sides. I hate that. and I hate extra blanket hanging over the sides. I buy twin blankets for my full size bed to avoid that. And finally, full/queen coverlets and quilts. if they can make full size comforters, why is it so hard to find JUST a full size quilt? I know they're out there, but they are pricy, and never come in the pattern i want.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11118 on: March 06, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »
Target has nice quilts that go on clearance around this time of the year. I have one and love it.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11119 on: March 07, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »
Target has nice quilts that go on clearance around this time of the year. I have one and love it.

My other issue is that I'm fussy. I don't want anything that looks like a "quilt" as in a traditonal quilt pattern. I like the fabric and weight but I prefer something more along these lines http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c29518/mizone-asha-quilt-set.jsp than a patchwork or pattern like this one. http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c26912/greenland-home-francesca-quilt-set.jsp

so its hard to find something just in full size, in a design I like.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11120 on: March 07, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
Mine is solid cream on one side and a very pale green on the other. No print.

audhs

« Reply #11121 on: March 07, 2013, 04:15:40 PM »
I was reminded of this thread when I was at Walmart today looking at baby clothes. They had a t shirt that said "my mom doesn't want you advice" :-)

As for what drives me up the wall is my dh complaining about the kids never putting things away after I've spent half the day picking up after him. Never big stuff just a lot of little things he leaves lying around.

mmswm

« Reply #11122 on: March 07, 2013, 04:18:22 PM »
I was reminded of this thread when I was at Walmart today looking at baby clothes. They had a t shirt that said "my mom doesn't want you advice" :-)

As for what drives me up the wall is my dh complaining about the kids never putting things away after I've spent half the day picking up after him. Never big stuff just a lot of little things he leaves lying around.

My father does this to my mother and it's been driving me up a wall for my entire life.  I have, in a few ehell unapproved moments, called him out on his behavior, most recently just a few weeks ago.  Well, maybe the incident a few weeks ago could have been ehell approved, because I was much more polite about it than I had been in the past, but my delivery could certainly sill use some work.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11123 on: March 07, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
The use of acronyms and jargon with no explanation provided. I'm not talking about stuff like DH and POD, which are traditional for this site. I'm talking about posts like "I sent my son to ARPB the other day, and blah blah blah" when the poster is likely the only one who knows that ARPB stands for Accelerated Reading Program for Boys.*

* Example is fictional.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #11124 on: March 07, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »

Oh yeah.  Been there, done that.  Practice what you preach, buddy.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11125 on: March 08, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »
Following a pin for what looks like a delicious recipe on Pinterest only for it to lead to nothing but a picture. :P
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #11126 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:05 PM »
ARRRGGGHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHH!

*ahem*

What I meant to say is, clients who insist on doing a meeting on a certain day and then refusing to make themselves available.

WHY?

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11127 on: March 08, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
Waiting all day for a delivery.  It's always a window of 8-5, and they come at 4:59.

Here I sit, and if I had known it wouldn't be until this afternoon (I knew we were stop #7, but no time frame), I could have worked 1/2 day.

Oh, and the gas man who was supposed to come out and never did?  He showed up yesterday-three weeks late.  Of course, the room was a wreck and there was a lot of recycling out on the balcony he had to reach  ::).

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #11128 on: March 08, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
"Friends" who put me in cold storage for later, who go mostly non-responsive ("forgetting" I'm there, or better yet, when we're having a conversation, they don't answer for a long time, but go "k" when I type "brb".  Glad what I have to say actually matters...  >:(), then suddenly start talking to me when they need sympathy.  Oh, so now I'm worth talking to again?  *sighhhhh*  I don't have the energy for this...People don't keep well in cold storage (as I think someone else on here said not too long ago), and I don't want to hear about how so-and-so is so "mean" because they ended their friendship with you.  You probably treated them like you're treating me!

You'd think I would have learned by now, but I guess I have to be hit in the head a few more times.

(To avoid misunderstandings, it's not anyone here.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:09:00 PM by CrochetFanatic »

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #11129 on: March 08, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
Two in a row!  This doesn't happen often.  ;D

Flamingvixen likes to not tell you when it needs to do an update.  Instead, it freezes you out of websites and makes everything sloooooooow.  You have to restart the computer, sometimes manually, and then Flamingvixen does its thing.  Would be nice to get a warning message.  Flamingvixen just did it again.