News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 20, 2018, 08:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5485520 times)

Adelaide

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11040 on: March 05, 2013, 08:32:48 AM »
My favorite line for repeat offenders (stolen from some corner of the internet) is "Oh, I'm sorry, did the the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?"

Mental Magpie

« Reply #11041 on: March 05, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
My favorite line for repeat offenders (stolen from some corner of the internet) is "Oh, I'm sorry, did the the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?"

I've pulled that, too, but then I get the passive aggressive silent treatment for calling out him on his behavior (which is why I posted in this thread about it).  See, the thing is, the Eagle does not engage in self reflection almost ever, so even when I tell him to stop doing something, he'll stop doing it for the moment but not worry about it in the future because that would mean *gasp* change!

It took him 2 years to finally stop clearing his throat in front of me (the sound right before a loogie, not a clearing cough) even though I told him every single time he did it to stop doing it.

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #11042 on: March 05, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »

I'm stealing that.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #11043 on: March 05, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »
right now, it's people who insist on waiting until the last possible moment to pass on important information

I'm working on a project that is due tomorrow.  I'm just now finding out that the project has to include certain elements (that were not previously discussed).  I also need to give someone information but the holder of said information is not spilling in spite of directions for me to call her for the info.  I left a message and sent a follow up email an hour ago.

This is not new but any attempts by me to head the surprises off at the past are futile.  I was trying to get this all hashed out a week ago.

::)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #11044 on: March 05, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »
My wonderful DH set to oven to self-clean this morning before he left for work. He opened the windows and turned on the fan, so when I came home, the air was circulating and not too smelly.  :)

However, the oven is still hot, the top needs to be cleaned and I am not going to do it. I will eat cold sandwiches for dinner first.  ;)

Also, I am still waiting for the phone I ordered 2/22 to be delivered.  >:(

Last item, DH's parents had their 33 year old water heater rebel over the weekend (and soak the 33 year old carpet) and they are doing another home repair job. Neither one of them is in good physical condition, MIL is still recovering from surgery.  :(
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

KimberlyM

« Reply #11045 on: March 05, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »
I just drove past a store with a reader board that said "Something I really hate is when people talk when I'm interrupting."  Made me think of this thread and giggle!

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #11046 on: March 05, 2013, 06:15:29 PM »
My wonderful DH set to oven to self-clean this morning before he left for work. He opened the windows and turned on the fan, so when I came home, the air was circulating and not too smelly.  :)

However, the oven is still hot, the top needs to be cleaned and I am not going to do it. I will eat cold sandwiches for dinner first.  ;)

Also, I am still waiting for the phone I ordered 2/22 to be delivered.  >:(

Last item, DH's parents had their 33 year old water heater rebel over the weekend (and soak the 33 year old carpet) and they are doing another home repair job. Neither one of them is in good physical condition, MIL is still recovering from surgery.  :(

My bff told me that her sister once ran their self clean and they started to smell something burning.  Apparently her sister hadn't used the self clean...well, ever.  This was after bff's BIL died and she was able to pay off their house with what he left her.   She said they joked that he was probably looking down and saying "Great, the house is finally paid off and she's trying to burn it down!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #11047 on: March 05, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »
Why do some people feel the need to marginalize you and your feelings?  No matter what, if there's anything I feel good about, or special because of, my mother feels the need to take jabs at me and make it seem like I'm this massive loser.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #11048 on: March 05, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
I think it's cause some people can't stand anyone being higher or lower than they are.  If you're down they'll bring you up cause they don't like seeing someone sad, but if you're happier than they are, they have to bring you down.

When DH was in Paris Island, I missed him terribly but was greatly anticipating his graduation and 10 days of leave, especially as it got closer and closer because we'd be spending all 10 days together. I was even going down with his family to pick him up.

One "friend" said "Well yeah but after those two days are up you won't know when you'll get to see him again!" Which was true, but man, she couldn't just let me enjoy the fact that I'd be seeing him in a week?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

that_one_girl

« Reply #11049 on: March 06, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Anyone (even my husband) standing closer to me than 12"  while I'm in the kitchen making food or washing dishes. It makes me go bonkers.

Having to be in a bed where the sheet is tucked in at the end.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #11050 on: March 06, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
Anyone (even my husband) standing closer to me than 12"  while I'm in the kitchen making food or washing dishes. It makes me go bonkers.

Having to be in a bed where the sheet is tucked in at the end.

Mine is the blankets tucked into the sides. I hate that. and I hate extra blanket hanging over the sides. I buy twin blankets for my full size bed to avoid that. And finally, full/queen coverlets and quilts. if they can make full size comforters, why is it so hard to find JUST a full size quilt? I know they're out there, but they are pricy, and never come in the pattern i want.

ladyknight1

« Reply #11051 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »
Target has nice quilts that go on clearance around this time of the year. I have one and love it.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

siamesecat2965

« Reply #11052 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
Target has nice quilts that go on clearance around this time of the year. I have one and love it.

My other issue is that I'm fussy. I don't want anything that looks like a "quilt" as in a traditonal quilt pattern. I like the fabric and weight but I prefer something more along these lines http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c29518/mizone-asha-quilt-set.jsp than a patchwork or pattern like this one. http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c26912/greenland-home-francesca-quilt-set.jsp

so its hard to find something just in full size, in a design I like.

ladyknight1

« Reply #11053 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:29 AM »
Mine is solid cream on one side and a very pale green on the other. No print.
-J.R.R Tolkien

audhs

« Reply #11054 on: March 07, 2013, 03:15:40 PM »
I was reminded of this thread when I was at Walmart today looking at baby clothes. They had a t shirt that said "my mom doesn't want you advice" :-)

As for what drives me up the wall is my dh complaining about the kids never putting things away after I've spent half the day picking up after him. Never big stuff just a lot of little things he leaves lying around.