Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1317262 times)

Carotte

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11340 on: March 26, 2013, 09:17:50 PM »
There's a nice and funny 'Doctor Who' shirt ( a spoof, with a Grammar Dalek asking 'I think you mean Doctor Whom?!') and of course it's only available as a men's shirt  :(
It reminds me when I used to go to music concerts, the bands tee-shirt where always for guys, for girls they had youth size (cut as a square, nothing resembling a woman body) with crew neck (not confortable to wear with an adult sized head/neck).
Or threadless that sometimes only have certain print in guys or in girls, when I'm pretty sure they've realised that they sell a fair amount of geeky shirts to girls and cute/funy shirts to guys. (and if they stopped only having crew necks for 95% of their girls tee I owuld start buying from them again, I'm all for  V-necks).

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #11341 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »
Carpet beetles.  Spring is definitely here. 

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11342 on: March 26, 2013, 09:31:16 PM »
There's a nice and funny 'Doctor Who' shirt ( a spoof, with a Grammar Dalek asking 'I think you mean Doctor Whom?!') and of course it's only available as a men's shirt  :(
It reminds me when I used to go to music concerts, the bands tee-shirt where always for guys, for girls they had youth size (cut as a square, nothing resembling a woman body) with crew neck (not confortable to wear with an adult sized head/neck).
Or threadless that sometimes only have certain print in guys or in girls, when I'm pretty sure they've realised that they sell a fair amount of geeky shirts to girls and cute/funy shirts to guys. (and if they stopped only having crew necks for 95% of their girls tee I owuld start buying from them again, I'm all for  V-necks).

On the other side of that, when they DO make a kick butt band/geek/funny t-shirt to fit women, it is for those who are waaaaaaay littler than me. Im still stuck with mens shirts.  >:(

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11343 on: March 26, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »
Grocery store rant:

WIC is a wonderful program, but really with all of today's available technology, could they not come up with something more efficient for their clients to use in the grocery stores?  I hate getting stuck behind somebody using one or more WIC vouchers because it takes so very long for even the fastest cashiers to process.

I can sympathize.  Years ago when my older two were little I was on WIC and hated how long it took to get through a checkout with those things because they had to make sure you bought the right things, then they had to enter it into the POS properly.    When I had Piratebabe and was checking out of the hospital, someone kept trying to talk us into getting on WIC and I kept refusing it, and we really don't even need it.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #11344 on: March 26, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »
Grocery store rant:

WIC is a wonderful program, but really with all of today's available technology, could they not come up with something more efficient for their clients to use in the grocery stores?  I hate getting stuck behind somebody using one or more WIC vouchers because it takes so very long for even the fastest cashiers to process.

I can sympathize.  Years ago when my older two were little I was on WIC and hated how long it took to get through a checkout with those things because they had to make sure you bought the right things, then they had to enter it into the POS properly.    When I had Piratebabe and was checking out of the hospital, someone kept trying to talk us into getting on WIC and I kept refusing it, and we really don't even need it.

I always feel a little bit bad for the people using the vouchers because it has to be embarrassing to hold up lines while they're being processed.  We have enough readily available technology that these people shouldn't have to be put through that ordeal just because they need a little extra help.  There has to be a way to load a card that can be swiped that would allow the computer to determine if the items match, then take the amount off the total, sort of like the food stamp cards will automatically pay for all the food items on an order that has a mix of food and non-food items. It would save a lot of time for everybody, and would certainly lessen any embarrassment felt by the people who use them.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11345 on: March 26, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »
Being asked if I'm cold or where is my jacket? I understand why people do this because, after all, I am wearing a tshirt and sandals when it's 20F out. However, I'm not shivering or in anyway acting cold, so please don't ask. What's worse is when they Perdue the jacket question after I explain I'm not cold.

DH is that you?   ;D

The joke is you know it's a special occasion or sub 0 when DH wears socks with his Birkies.

Y'all must be somehow related to my son.  When we lived in ND, he wore shorts and t-shirts until it was well under freezing.  If it was really cold he'd put on socks and a long sleeved t-shirt.  I could convince him to wear a snow suit only when we were going skiing or sledding.  He put his snow suit on over his shorts.  *sigh*

We joke that it must be a special occasion if  wearing actual shoes (or I'm at work). I'd rather be in my bare feet, actually.

Me, too!

Redsoil

« Reply #11346 on: March 27, 2013, 06:06:01 AM »
Carrotte - cafepress.com do v-neck t-shirts for women.  I just bought a zombie one!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #11347 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »
Why does nobody make boat-neck T-shirts in the US that don't cost a fortune?  They would be far more flattering than the crew-neck ones, offer the opportunity to wear jewelry, and be just as comfortable at the same time.

Cami

« Reply #11348 on: March 27, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
Oh, I am so with you all in your dislike of the boxy crew neck t-shirts!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.

Betelnut

« Reply #11350 on: March 27, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Boat neck shirts drive me crazy--my bra straps always show.  Give me a crew any day!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #11351 on: March 27, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »
Just bookmarked that; thanks!

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11352 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »
Being asked if I'm cold or where is my jacket? I understand why people do this because, after all, I am wearing a tshirt and sandals when it's 20F out. However, I'm not shivering or in anyway acting cold, so please don't ask. What's worse is when they Perdue the jacket question after I explain I'm not cold.

I get the same; I'm in Arkansas but grew up in NE Ohio.  I say I'm acclimated to cold, like a polar bear.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11353 on: March 27, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »

I get the same; I'm in Arkansas but grew up in NE Ohio.  I say I'm acclimated to cold, like a polar bear.

I grew up in NW Pennsylvania...so the same kind of weather!  When people complain it is cold out here (in the land of next to no humidity) I tell them this isn't cold, a polar bear would be sweating!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11354 on: March 27, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
When I tell people I'm in Minnesota, and they try to imitate the accent from Fargo, despite the fact that I have no such accent!  I know some areas of the state have more of an accent that the Twin Cities area, but I've never heard anyone sound like they belong in that movie. 

In addition, for the love of Pete, if I tell you (on the phone/FB/whatever) that I'm happy it got up to 40 degrees Farenheit today, please don't respond by telling me that you consider below X temperature to be evil/horrible/terrible and ask how I can stand it.  I promise to not insult where you live (too hot, too buggy, no seasonal change, whatever I can think of) if you don't insult where I live. 

Mental Magpie, I grew up in Colorado, and I never understood cold til I moved to a state with high humidity.  20 degrees and 80 percent humidity is sooo much worse than 20 degrees and dry! *brrr*