Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1741537 times)

nayberry

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11415 on: April 03, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »
i know this is a first world problem,  but when my internet is playing up,  just hate that!  have checked and there is an "issue" in the area, normally thats code for "some little scrote has had it on 'is heels with our cabling"

Snooks

« Reply #11416 on: April 03, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
Wait, you mean to say that simply writing Fact! after every sentence does not make it true? Who knew?

Fact!

mmswm

« Reply #11417 on: April 03, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »
Wait, you mean to say that simply writing Fact! after every sentence does not make it true? Who knew?

Fact!

And now I have to clean Diet Coke off my laptop screen.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11418 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:09 PM »
When people point out a problem/issue that has no solution by that point.  My not-so-D H just pointed out that our chicken will probably be done a lot faster than the potatoes, based on the way we're cooking them.  Okay, if you'd pointed this before the chicken started cooking, or suggested ways to cook the potatoes faster, that'd be fine.  But to just say, "we have a problem" and then stand back and wait for me to provide an answer/solution/suggestion is soooo irritating!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11419 on: April 03, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »
When people point out a problem/issue that has no solution by that point.  My not-so-D H just pointed out that our chicken will probably be done a lot faster than the potatoes, based on the way we're cooking them.  Okay, if you'd pointed this before the chicken started cooking, or suggested ways to cook the potatoes faster, that'd be fine.  But to just say, "we have a problem" and then stand back and wait for me to provide an answer/solution/suggestion is soooo irritating!

I'm with you!  If you're going to point out the problem, the least you can do is help me figure out a solution instead of standing there waiting for me to do it by myself!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #11420 on: April 04, 2013, 01:12:08 AM »
People with no sense of perspective, especially about big issues.

Overhearing someone make an uncouth joke is not the same as being drugged and assaulted, though I heard someone make that comparison without the slightest bit of irony. In their minds, it was totally the same thing.

Or someone saying "I am not in favor of that social position, because I favor X more traditional thing", and having people bust out Godwin's Law, as if all types of traditional people are completely equable with Nazis.

It makes me want to hit them. They don't seem to realize that it cheapens the monstrous event to compare it to something trivial, or if it's not trivial, than at least is not the sort of thing that is going to lead to PTSD or huge amounts of death or anything that violates the Geneva Convention.

Dr. F.

« Reply #11421 on: April 04, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »
Being stuck in an all-day meeting next to someone who smacks their gum. It's making me insane. I can't concentrate on the topic for imagining various methods of brutal murder.

Shalamar

« Reply #11422 on: April 04, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
GAH, me too.  That noise, as well as people sniffling instead of blowing their noses, makes me stabby.

I was in a course for my job this morning, and this job course requires some lab work.  The woman sitting beside me has an extremely annoying habit:  when she can't figure out what to do, she talks to herself very loudly.  When she CAN figure out what to do, she sings to herself.  It's distracting as hell.

mmswm

« Reply #11423 on: April 04, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »
*runs screaming from the mouth noises*

I think that's my number one pet peeve.  I can't stand to hear mouth noises. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11424 on: April 04, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
*runs screaming from the mouth noises*

I think that's my number one pet peeve.  I can't stand to hear mouth noises.

PODPODPODPOD.

That's also my number one pet peeve. Those sorts of noises send me into an absolute frenzy.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11425 on: April 04, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
When my boss asks me to find something specific in an Order. So I look, knowing that the request came from our leader who we refer to as Clueless for obvious reasons, therefore it doesn't exist.  I do some research, looking through Orders, searching Westlaw, and come up empty. This is also after having to ask for clarification of her very vague request.

So I send over the one sort-of relevant item I found, saying i did a, b and c but didn't find anything. She then responds back to me "thanks, please keep looking>"

For what???? the thing I just told you doesn't exisit????? ARGH.

UPdate: I sent her something else, and she again asked me to keep looking for the thing that doesn't exist. Oh, and I could I do a "quick" search of certains docs in our database. I told her yes, i am more than happy to search but a. it won't be quick since our DB will not search text of the docs, just the entries and b. I will do it when I've finished the two other tasks I need to do.  I haven't heard back after that one. I mean, I've told her 6 times already what she is looking for simply doens't exist. I don't know how much clearer I can be!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:26:31 AM by siamesecat2965 »

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #11426 on: April 04, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »
Craft/how to books that can't lay flat without breaking their binding. How hard is it to have nice spiral bound books? I have seen many a knitting book that is hard cover and inside it is spiral bound so it can lay open and be used without having to try to hold it and knit at the same time.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #11427 on: April 04, 2013, 06:21:57 PM »
Yahoo IM seems to be down.  My foot and their server need to meet.  >:(

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11428 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »
when I go for new glasses and almost fall off my chair when they tell me the final cost! 

I just had that experience last week.  :-\
AND they messed up my prescription so I can't use my glasses when I work at the computer. Going back tomorrow, but I've got a suspicion that they're going to try to talk me into buying a second set of "computer glasses" instead of fixing the problem.

So...here's an update that is driving me up the wall. They replaced the lenses, which corrected the up-and-down vision problem but created a really bad side-to-side problem. I could use my glasses for driving, but not for anything else. Back in I went and was told they were going to research the issue and see if they could redo my lenses using the same brand my original lenses were. "We'll call you back," they said.

They didn't. When I called to check almost a week later, they were "still researching" and would call me back.

They didn't. I called today (another week later) and talked to a different optician who said that my insurance wouldn't cover that brand of lenses. She said my only option is to pay several hundred more dollars for some expensive brand of lenses and new frames, which I don't want, with no guarantee that will solve the problem. I'm already out several hundred dollars for glasses I can't use!

I'm going in next week to have them put my original lenses back in. The prescription is no longer correct, but at least I could see my computer when I wore them.  >:(

Not like anyone is losing sleep over this, but here's an update:
It took eight months, numerous trips to two different places, and four sets of lenses, but I finally have a pair of glasses I can use. What an ordeal...
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11429 on: April 05, 2013, 07:47:13 PM »
Yay for being able to see!