Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1563188 times)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11550 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
Oh, and "hum, no, maybe it's too late, I'm not sure it's usefull that we get into a civil union this year because it won't affect our taxes" should have been a sure way to get a slap, as it is he was too far away. I was speechless but did tell him that that was -32 in romanticism.
If the only reason he wants to get into a civil union is to pay less taxes there's only one answer he'll get, a big no.
He saw no problem in what he had say. I should tell him to talk to some of his girl friends before he tells me these things, pretty sure they agree with me.

He would drive me crazy as well. But, if you want a civil union, then argue it his way: "let's do it now, so we don't miss next year's deadline as well."

Carotte

« Reply #11551 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Oh, and "hum, no, maybe it's too late, I'm not sure it's usefull that we get into a civil union this year because it won't affect our taxes" should have been a sure way to get a slap, as it is he was too far away. I was speechless but did tell him that that was -32 in romanticism.
If the only reason he wants to get into a civil union is to pay less taxes there's only one answer he'll get, a big no.
He saw no problem in what he had say. I should tell him to talk to some of his girl friends before he tells me these things, pretty sure they agree with me.

He would drive me crazy as well. But, if you want a civil union, then argue it his way: "let's do it now, so we don't miss next year's deadline as well."

I'd love to spend the rest of my life with him, but right now I feel that it would be too soon to commit like that.
And I don't know, for me a marriage seems like a bigger commitment, more set in stones than a civil union, and that's what I want.
Civil unions works for those who want it, no doubt about it, and a marriage doesn't mean it will last longer (just be more trouble if it end actually).

But at least I want a "I want to spend my life with you,..., and save some money", not just a "hey, we could save some money!" because then it sounds like "we could save some money and it's not a problem if we end things up". The civil union was created just for this purpose, nothing romantic in it!

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #11552 on: April 19, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »
Suggesting either a marriage or civil union, on the grounds of the financial benefits, is about minus infinity in the romance department.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

KimberlyM

« Reply #11553 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
Why can't my husband and children figure out anything on their own?  I've been at work less than 15mins and I have spent most of that time on the phone with them listening to them argue with each other over nonsense!

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #11554 on: April 19, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
I understand completely and I would be very upset if he took it for granted that I would be ok with whatever he decided, no questions asked. Tell him so, then, and make it clear that taking your answer for granted is not very rational of him.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11555 on: April 19, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
DH and I lived together for two years before we just decided one day to get married. That will be 16 years ago in October. We have always managed to blend being practical with romance, but have to work hard making sure we each feel appreciated for what we bring to the relationship.

To get into a civil union for tax purposes, my answer would be no!

Carotte

« Reply #11556 on: April 19, 2013, 01:02:17 PM »
I'm releived to know I didn't have some weird expectation and that what he said was perfectly normal  :).
He's otherwise the sweetest guy ever, he just need to work on communication skill, with a human for once, not a computer. And a girl at that, since we are most likely to overanalyse what was said.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11557 on: April 19, 2013, 01:20:18 PM »
My lazy right eye.  Visually it doesn't really cause much of a problem besides some double vision at times but it just looks so strange, especially in pictures. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Carotte

« Reply #11558 on: April 19, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
Websites that send your registration email with clear information, and I mean email used to register and the frea*ing password all spelledout.
And that tells you to keep the email! right, lets make it even more easy if someone ever gets ahold of my email account! (well, ok, they'd know how much I saved on groceries, but they could backtrack through my different accounts and figure out passwords and all).

perpetua

« Reply #11559 on: April 19, 2013, 02:59:29 PM »
People who look down their noses at renters.

If a rented property isn't maintained, well, whose fault is that?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11560 on: April 19, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
All the real estate directed marketing toward renters, as if renting is a bad thing.

It took me a few years to see that home ownership is a blessing and a curse.

mmswm

« Reply #11561 on: April 19, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »

Could go either way on that one.  We've had renters destroy our properties within months.  We've had other renters who destroyed things out of spite when they got evicted.  Also, things like general trash pick up and yard upkeep aren't usually the owners responsibility.  Additionally, the landlord can't fix things he doesn't know about. We once had to rip out and replace an entire bathroom because a tenant didn't tell us about a small crack in the shower tiles for long enough that water got behind the walls and mildew spread like wildfire.

But, I do get what you're saying.  Structural issues are part of the owner's responsibilities.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11562 on: April 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »

Could go either way on that one.  We've had renters destroy our properties within months.  We've had other renters who destroyed things out of spite when they got evicted.  Also, things like general trash pick up and yard upkeep aren't usually the owners responsibility.  Additionally, the landlord can't fix things he doesn't know about. We once had to rip out and replace an entire bathroom because a tenant didn't tell us about a small crack in the shower tiles for long enough that water got behind the walls and mildew spread like wildfire.

But, I do get what you're saying.  Structural issues are part of the owner's responsibilities.

POD.  Course I've heard of people who owned homes and when they were foreclosed on they'd ruin the house to screw over the bank. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #11563 on: April 19, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
My lazy right eye.  Visually it doesn't really cause much of a problem besides some double vision at times but it just looks so strange, especially in pictures.

Me too, especially when I am tired it looks awful in pictures and I get a lot of people laughing at how "drunk" I appear when I hadn't had any alcohol  :(

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11564 on: April 19, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »
Nosy co-workers. Three of our staff members seem to think they need to track everyone else's comings and goings. I love my job, but that part stinks.