Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1539605 times)

turtleIScream

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11610 on: April 22, 2013, 12:41:04 PM »

Last summer I heard what I thought was a dozen squealing preschool girls being cased by snakes through my kitchen window. When I looked out it turned out to be two ~12 year old boys on a tramp. Lol

Trampoline? Please, please, please mean trampoline.  ;)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11611 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
Heehee...Bubbles!

My dear friend once had a tortoiseshell she named Marti but because of the cat's typical tortoiseshell attitude, her sister affectionately nicknamed the cat "S***head.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #11612 on: April 22, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »
My problem with pet names is that they never stay what they're originally named.  My old cat (RIP) was originally named Humphrey.  That's the name he came with when I rescued him from death row.  The boys thought that was a stupid name but I liked it and pointed out there was an awesome old actor named Humphrey Bogart.  The boys like the last name and started calling him Humphrey Bogart.  That eventually got shortened to Bogart, then Booger.  After a couple of months, his name was, in no uncertain terms, Booger.  We had many great years with Booger until he passed away from old age last August.

This December we got a dog.  He came with the name Max.  We didn't like the name, but he knew what his name was, so we picked something that sounded enough like Max and called him Baxter. Oldest son started calling him "Bubba" and then youngest son started calling him "Bubbles".  My (not quite full grown) 135lb male mastiff now answers to "Bubbles".  I'm resisting, but it's a lost cause.

I really wish I could name a pet and have said pet keep his/her name without it turning into something silly.  Do you know what kind of looks I get at the dog park when I call out "Bubbles!" and have this gigantic beast come bounding towards me?

I love huge dogs with silly names (as long as it's not "Tiny," which is just lazy).  My 130-pound Neapolitan mastiff was named Hoover.

You made me smile :) .  My parents used to tease me about Booger's name because it was so silly.  Now that they've watched a pet name transformation, I looked at them and said "NOW do you see how Booger got his name? I can't win!"  They still tease me.  I'm just destined to have large animals with silly names (Booger was an 18lb Maine Coon). "Bubbles" is a Brazilian Mastiff, btw. He'll be two years old in June, so he's still got some filling out to do.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #11613 on: April 22, 2013, 02:02:41 PM »

Last summer I heard what I thought was a dozen squealing preschool girls being cased by snakes through my kitchen window. When I looked out it turned out to be two ~12 year old boys on a tramp. Lol

I thought the same exact thing.  Kudos for actually saying it!

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11614 on: April 22, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »
Our Maya used to be Mab...but that's not so bad. I do call her "Boogie" as well, because everyone is jealous of her.  ;D
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11615 on: April 22, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »
I am beyond annoyed at my fellow classmates. This particular class met one evening per week, with equal emphasis on lecture (most were guest lecturers in the field) and textbook assignments. Class attendance was required in order to obtain a grade of C or better.

All semester, people either left early from class or didn't bother to attend at all. So now, since we have the cumulative final exam worth 40% of the total grade, we are inundated with requests for lecture notes or information that you would only know from the lecture.

Why sign up for the class if you are not going to attend and do what is necessary to pass it?

squeakers

« Reply #11616 on: April 22, 2013, 05:48:57 PM »

I would hope "on a tramp"  means out running around doing nothing in particular.

My whinge for the day: guild mate pulled his chars. from defending our castle.  With no warning.  So we may lose that castle.  All because he would rather have defended the other castle we had but lost due to not enough defenders. So now we may lose 2 castles in 1 day vs still having the one we were/are defending.  He could have said something yesterday and we might have had time to switch all of our defenders to castle 2.  _If_ everyone checked in.. which seldom happens on a daily basis. grr!
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11617 on: April 22, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
Suggesting either a marriage or civil union, on the grounds of the financial benefits, is about minus infinity in the romance department.

Years ago, before I was married, I was laid off and thus lost my health insurance. At the time I couldn't be added to my now-husband's insurance unless we were married. So, my husband "proposed" by saying, "Well, I guess we'd better get married so you can have insurance."

And I was - and still am - perfectly fine with that approach. We'd been living together for some time at that point and had already made the decision to be together permanently, so getting married was truly just a matter of finances. Not everyone thinks getting married is a big romantic event.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #11618 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »
I hate uncreative pet names.  My uncle and aunt once had a beautiful black cat whom they named "Putzie" despite all advice to the contrary.  At least I didn't catch any heat for naming mine for Arthurian characters a few years ago and opera characters now.

How are these names, then: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/jenniferjo/Hussey_Cats_zpsb43dbd68.jpg
 ;D

(This is a screen shot of something that showed up in my Facebook feed a while back.)
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11619 on: April 22, 2013, 08:08:26 PM »
The Eagle and I both laughed ourselves silly!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #11620 on: April 22, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
my computer freezing up every two minutes. Luckily, it seems to be working again, but it was super frustrating while trying to get a paper done.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #11621 on: April 22, 2013, 09:02:15 PM »
Watching "House Hunters" on TV and it shows us the family goes to a huge house in which the master bedroom is the size of my living room, and I hear them say "It's a awfully small."

REALLY?

(I know this is a stupid complaint, but REALLY?)

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

EmmaJ.

« Reply #11622 on: April 22, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »

I thought it was "hike".  Two boys on a hike.. tramping through the yard.

I would hope "on a tramp"  means out running around doing nothing in particular.

My whinge for the day: guild mate pulled his chars. from defending our castle.  With no warning.  So we may lose that castle.  All because he would rather have defended the other castle we had but lost due to not enough defenders. So now we may lose 2 castles in 1 day vs still having the one we were/are defending.  He could have said something yesterday and we might have had time to switch all of our defenders to castle 2.  _If_ everyone checked in.. which seldom happens on a daily basis. grr!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #11623 on: April 22, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »
Watching "House Hunters" on TV and it shows us the family goes to a huge house in which the master bedroom is the size of my living room, and I hear them say "It's a awfully small."

REALLY?

(I know this is a stupid complaint, but REALLY?)

YES! Oh this, so so much. Like seriously? That living room is the size of my house. that is not small. Shut your mouth and take the deal.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11624 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
The Eagle...again.

We had this "conversation" earlier:

Me: You know what I think I'm going to do next weekend?"

Him: What?

Me: Get that other tattoo.

Him: (complete silence, no acknowledgement I've said anything whatsoever.

Fifteen minutes later:

Me: (mumbles something under my breath about something I'm reading/seeing on Facebook)

Him: What did you say?

Seriously?  I'm speaking directly to you and you can't be bothered to respond but when I'm talking to myself you suddenly hear me?  The worst part is that I have told him several times that if he doesn't respond, even when just a simple "OK", then I don't know he has heard me.  I have to tell him this because I will tell him something, he won't respond, then later he claims to never have heard me.  GAH!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.