Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1750688 times)

Bottlecaps

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11715 on: April 26, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »
LOL!!!!!! Yep, that's them!

And I do like purple, but I also love red, blue and green, and the tones I tend to like for those are not their pastel shades.

I laughed myself silly!

I don't like pink at all and hate that some things I can't find without a hint of pink.  Oh, nice black dress pants but the trim on the inside is pink.  I still won't buy them even if no one will see the pink; it's the principle of the matter!  Not all girls like pink!  Stop including it in everything!

Piratelvr - I think purple is actually the only color in which I can tolerate a pastel shade, hehe. When I see pastels, especially a whole big mix of them all together, I can't help but think, "It looks like Minnie Mouse threw up." ;D

Magpie - I'm not a fan of the color pink either. I can tolerate it sometimes, but it's definitely not one of my favorites. Oh, and if I ever have a daughter, I refuse to paint her nursery pink. No way, no how. I refuse to have my child growing up thinking she sleeps in a Pepto Bismol factory. :P
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

Snooks

« Reply #11716 on: April 26, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
Ever seen the mock commercial Ellen did? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyw3prIWhc

As for annoying things, my older two have an irritating habit of running outside and leaving the tv on to an annoying show, be it Spongebob or Regular Show.  I turn it off once I see the tv's on and no one's watching it and then they come in and whine "Why is the tv off?"  ::)

The same thing used to happen with sport when I shared a house with boys.  There would be no sign of them anywhere then as soon as you changed the channel they'd appear and complain that they were watching that.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11717 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »

And I do like purple, but I also love red, blue and green, and the tones I tend to like for those are not their pastel shades.

I laughed myself silly!

I don't like pink at all and hate that some things I can't find without a hint of pink.  Oh, nice black dress pants but the trim on the inside is pink.  I still won't buy them even if no one will see the pink; it's the principle of the matter!  Not all girls like pink!  Stop including it in everything!

Piratelvr - I think purple is actually the only color in which I can tolerate a pastel shade, hehe. When I see pastels, especially a whole big mix of them all together, I can't help but think, "It looks like Minnie Mouse threw up." ;D

Magpie - I'm not a fan of the color pink either. I can tolerate it sometimes, but it's definitely not one of my favorites. Oh, and if I ever have a daughter, I refuse to paint her nursery pink. No way, no how. I refuse to have my child growing up thinking she sleeps in a Pepto Bismol factory. :P
Good luck trying to find your theoretical daughter clothes that aren't pink and/or lavender.   ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11718 on: April 26, 2013, 10:00:31 PM »
Well I have 3 boys and am done reproducing so no worries about that sort of thing until they start reproducing.  Considering the eldest turns 12 tomorrow that had better be a while before I'm made grandma!

But if I do get a granddaughter I might make clothes if I can't find any without pastels. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11719 on: April 26, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
I love dinosaurs, thus my future children will love dinosaurs, thus I will not have to worry about the pink things for children.  >:D
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11720 on: April 26, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »

I laughed myself silly!

YES!!!! I have consented to allowing a tiny bit of pink in my wardrobe. It usually includes a picture of a John Deere tractor or a semi though!  ;D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11721 on: April 27, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »
I hope my future DILS won't mind me giving their little girls a few onesies with skulls and crossbones.  And witch hats.

I don't do the princess thing.  I did as a little girl and then as I got older I started appreciating the villains more.  I thank Carol Burnett as Miss Hannigan for that. :) Actually there was a time that I wanted to play Miss Hannigan cause I liked the character and thought it would be funny for Miss Hannigan to be played by someone named Annie. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11722 on: April 27, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »
It drives me up a wall when people say they're going to call me at a certain time, or a certain day, and never do.  I'm left wondering if they forgot, if they didn't really want to call, has something terrible happened that I missed...and then when I finally call them, 90% of the time the person is like, "Oh, yeah, I forgot!" with no apology or sense that they wasted my time while I waited for that call.  Ugh. 

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #11723 on: April 27, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »
People who try to claim a certain experience and get really defensive/angry when anyone else has had that experience too, especially when it's not a big deal.

There's an article on Buzzfeed about problems with Afro hairdos (especially focusing on the way they get frizzy, the way people insist they must be straightened, and the way people try to pet them). Every person who is not of African descent who has posted about their hair getting frizzy, people insisting their hair get straightened, or people grabbing their hair has had other people screaming at them that they can not understand this experience at all. IT'S HAIR! It's not that big a deal! Other people can have the same experiences with hair! I have people try to pet my hair, and I'm so white I glow in the dark! It just makes me sympathetic to my African-American friends who have strangers try to pet their hair.

I hate when people try to act like they have a corner market on suffering. It's annoying at best, and really disrespectful and short-sighted.

Snooks

« Reply #11724 on: April 27, 2013, 11:51:14 AM »
I'm having a "You're from Yonkers!" a la Friends experience at the moment in two directions.

I have one friend who has lived in a city for about five years having spent the previous 25 (from birth) living in another city, these cities are at opposite ends of the country.  Now when I see her she affects the accent of the city she lives in now and generally acts as if she was born and bred there (I have friends who were and don't act like she does!). 

I have another friend who's decided that she came from a "lower class" background.  I'm not entirely convinced that having two parents in reasonably paying jobs, foreign holidays every year and coming out of university with no debt (and not being entitled to any grants to pay for university) counts as being "lower class".

reflection5

« Reply #11725 on: April 27, 2013, 12:22:28 PM »
It drives me up a wall when people say they're going to call me at a certain time, or a certain day, and never do.  I'm left wondering if they forgot, if they didn't really want to call, has something terrible happened that I missed...and then when I finally call them, 90% of the time the person is like, "Oh, yeah, I forgot!" with no apology or sense that they wasted my time while I waited for that call.  Ugh.
Yes, saying "I'll call you next week" is different than saying "I'll call you Tuesday evening".    I try not to chase after these types because usually they just say "Oh, I was busy". 

magicdomino

« Reply #11726 on: April 27, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »

As a daughter whose childhood bedroom was Pepto Bismol pink, I thank you.  It took over forty years to recover from the trauma,  and even then it was just a couple of ice pink shirts.  I still can't stand any shade of pink brighter than that.

mmswm

« Reply #11727 on: April 27, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
I hate pastel pinks, but I LOVE bright, nearly neon to neon pink. :D  Any other shade of pink is gross though.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11728 on: April 27, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
When you find a great house to rent (we're looking to get out of the apartment), in a nice neighborhood, call the number and the person says someone just signed a lease for it!  Timing must be everything, especially for rentals.

Or, you find a house that has a lot going for it, it's remodeled, etc., and it's in an unsafe area.  That's why the rent is so cheap.

And a special "What were you thinking!!" to whoever took a great 1910's bungalow and painted it-shocking pink.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11729 on: April 27, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
Blech!!  That's just wrong!

Though on the other hand, I do love living in an area with no HOA's and people can be creative.  As a result, the house next to the rectory of our church is a brilliant blue with another shade of blue for the trim.  It's hilarious in a shocking way.