Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1304659 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11805 on: May 02, 2013, 09:11:11 AM »
There is a multi storey car park behind my office building.

A car alarm has been going off constantly since I got here at 0830.  My colleague got here around 0530 and he said it was going off then.  It is now around 1430, and I have at least another two hours of constant 'beep beep beep beep beep beep pause beep beep beep...' to listen to.

The good news is the battery will eventually wear out.   :P
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Lexophile

« Reply #11806 on: May 02, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
I'm sure someone has emntioned this one already.

I have a 45-minute commute on a good day. Yesterday, we got about 6 inches of snow in Denver.

I would up in the HOV express lane (I had my daughter with me, so I was allowed to be there) behind a guy who was by himself and doing 35 miles an hour in the 55 mph zone.

Cars were stacked up behind me.

We drove right by a cop, who didn't blink an eye. I got to work 2 hours after I left the house.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

Betelnut

« Reply #11807 on: May 02, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »

I have a 45-minute commute on a good day. Yesterday, we got about 6 inches of snow in Denver.

I would up in the HOV express lane (I had my daughter with me, so I was allowed to be there) behind a guy who was by himself and doing 35 miles an hour in the 55 mph zone.

We drove right by a cop, who didn't blink an eye. I got to work 2 hours after I left the house.

What is the irritating thing?  The speed or the fact there wasn't anyone else in the car with him?  The former wouldn't bother me as I feel most people are too cavalier about driving in snow and rain.  The latter would be bothersome as he was breaking the law.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Allyson

« Reply #11808 on: May 02, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »
Facebook vague-bookers.  Right now there are 2 flavors:

1) People who post vague, slightly threatening, whiny posts regarding how people parent.  I like to answer those as if they were talking about me.  >:D  Most of the time I know who they are writing about but I really don't care.  I want to see kitty pictures, good music videos and the occasional all out FB post brawl.  Being vague deprives me of the latter  ;D

Slightly threatening? Oh wow! Now I'm curious as to an example of this. I've seen the 'threatening' vaguebook posts, but it's always stuff like 'people will learn not to push my buttons' or 'don't cross me today, I'm not in the mood' which I find really unhelpful and annoying. But I'm nosy as to what a threatening post about how someone parents would look. 'You'd better start toilet-training now!' :D

Betelnut

« Reply #11809 on: May 02, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

1) People who post vague, slightly threatening, whiny posts regarding how people parent.  I like to answer those as if they were talking about me.  >:D  Most of the time I know who they are writing about but I really don't care.  I want to see kitty pictures, good music videos and the occasional all out FB post brawl.  Being vague deprives me of the latter  ;D

Slightly threatening? Oh wow! Now I'm curious as to an example of this. I've seen the 'threatening' vaguebook posts, but it's always stuff like 'people will learn not to push my buttons' or 'don't cross me today, I'm not in the mood' which I find really unhelpful and annoying. But I'm nosy as to what a threatening post about how someone parents would look. 'You'd better start toilet-training now!' :D

Maybe more like, "Your child will end up in prison if you don't take care of this issue now!"
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Lexophile

« Reply #11810 on: May 02, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

What is the irritating thing?  The speed or the fact there wasn't anyone else in the car with him?  The former wouldn't bother me as I feel most people are too cavalier about driving in snow and rain.  The latter would be bothersome as he was breaking the law.

Both. The roads were clear. Wet, but clear. And I can understand slowing down a bit in rotten weather, but this guy was doing 35 in a 55 and holding up a big long line of cars. There was no going around him because the other lanes were all crowded.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

Snooks

« Reply #11811 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:09 PM »

Maybe more like, "Your child will end up in prison if you don't take care of this issue now!"

Maybe it was in response to the person on my Facebook boasting about teaching their two year old to punch another child.

Mental Magpie

• ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11812 on: May 02, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »

Both. The roads were clear. Wet, but clear. And I can understand slowing down a bit in rotten weather, but this guy was doing 35 in a 55 and holding up a big long line of cars. There was no going around him because the other lanes were all crowded.

Were you on I-25?  That HOV lane can be incredibly NOT FUN in snow.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11813 on: May 02, 2013, 06:15:46 PM »

A student sent a threatening email to my boss yesterday (threat was to himself). She had to start the process the university has for situations like this. :(

squeakers

« Reply #11814 on: May 02, 2013, 06:32:17 PM »

Naw, more like "If people only knew that you did A, B and C.. these kids would be taken from you." With A, B and C being things not all all abnormal.  Like going out partying while the nanny watches the kids.  Nanny being the one vague-booking.

I don't think nanny is nannying any more.  But that will last a month and she'll be back there again (family).
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #11815 on: May 02, 2013, 08:30:29 PM »
People of any age who misbehave and proceed to act shocked, anguished and victimized once the consequences of their actions come to light.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #11816 on: May 02, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »

A car alarm has been going off constantly since I got here at 0830.  My colleague got here around 0530 and he said it was going off then.  It is now around 1430, and I have at least another two hours of constant 'beep beep beep beep beep beep pause beep beep beep...' to listen to.

EvilJulian was praying for it...   >:D

snowfire

« Reply #11817 on: May 03, 2013, 01:07:39 AM »

EvilJulian was praying for it...   >:D

EvilSnowfire would have been wishing for a visit from her friend Mr. 12guage.  SortaNice Snowfire would have tried to find a way to make a building wide announcement about the #&$!* car.

I thought that most alarms had a reset where they would howl for a minute or two, then shut up and re-arm.  I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have one running for hours, nonstop.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:09:22 AM by snowfire »

mw8242

« Reply #11818 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »
only losing .8lbs after doing everything right. I know I didn't put the weight on in a week but c'mon - a whole lb would have been nice ;)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11819 on: May 03, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
People of any age who misbehave and proceed to act shocked, anguished and victimized once the consequences of their actions come to light.

Or those who try and blame everyone else for something they did, and then whine about the consequences.