Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1780800 times)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11820 on: May 03, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
Stores that have their maternity and plus sized sections next to each other but poorly labeled. I hate finding something I like, only to see the tag says "Maternity".
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

mandycorn

« Reply #11821 on: May 03, 2013, 12:35:41 PM »
Stores that have their maternity and plus sized sections next to each other but poorly labeled. I hate finding something I like, only to see the tag says "Maternity".

Ooh, the Target by me is the worst for that! I hate it, especially, since it seems like all their cute clothes that fit me are maternity!
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Lexophile

« Reply #11822 on: May 03, 2013, 03:24:36 PM »
I'm sure someone has emntioned this one already.

I have a 45-minute commute on a good day. Yesterday, we got about 6 inches of snow in Denver.

I would up in the HOV express lane (I had my daughter with me, so I was allowed to be there) behind a guy who was by himself and doing 35 miles an hour in the 55 mph zone.

Cars were stacked up behind me.

We drove right by a cop, who didn't blink an eye. I got to work 2 hours after I left the house.

What is the irritating thing?  The speed or the fact there wasn't anyone else in the car with him?  The former wouldn't bother me as I feel most people are too cavalier about driving in snow and rain.  The latter would be bothersome as he was breaking the law.

Both. The roads were clear. Wet, but clear. And I can understand slowing down a bit in rotten weather, but this guy was doing 35 in a 55 and holding up a big long line of cars. There was no going around him because the other lanes were all crowded.

Were you on I-25?  That HOV lane can be incredibly NOT FUN in snow.

Magpie -

Worse. I was on Santa Fe. So I also had traffic lights to contend with.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11823 on: May 03, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
I'm sure someone has emntioned this one already.

I have a 45-minute commute on a good day. Yesterday, we got about 6 inches of snow in Denver.

I would up in the HOV express lane (I had my daughter with me, so I was allowed to be there) behind a guy who was by himself and doing 35 miles an hour in the 55 mph zone.

Cars were stacked up behind me.

We drove right by a cop, who didn't blink an eye. I got to work 2 hours after I left the house.

What is the irritating thing?  The speed or the fact there wasn't anyone else in the car with him?  The former wouldn't bother me as I feel most people are too cavalier about driving in snow and rain.  The latter would be bothersome as he was breaking the law.

Both. The roads were clear. Wet, but clear. And I can understand slowing down a bit in rotten weather, but this guy was doing 35 in a 55 and holding up a big long line of cars. There was no going around him because the other lanes were all crowded.

Were you on I-25?  That HOV lane can be incredibly NOT FUN in snow.

Magpie -

Worse. I was on Santa Fe. So I also had traffic lights to contend with.

And the construction!  I'm sorry, that must have been incredibly terrible!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #11824 on: May 03, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »
Pinterest pins that go to someone's blog with a link to the real thing. I'm sick of clicking on an awesome looking recipes or cute crafts just to have to dig through a blog to find the link to another blog, then dig around that site for the recipe/instructions.  >:(
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #11825 on: May 03, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »
Label glue.

I got a very nice metal mixing bowl with a lable inside the bowl and one at the bottom.

The one on the bottom came off with no residue and in one peace. The one on the inside where the food goes... not so lucky. I had to soak it off and then use nail varnish remover to get the gunk. 

Why they could not use the glue from the bottom on the inside label?
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #11826 on: May 03, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
See if you can find some eucalyptus or orange oil - very good for getting sticky residue off, and way more pleasant than nail polish remover.  You'll still need to wash the item afterwards though.

Calistoga

« Reply #11827 on: May 03, 2013, 08:10:53 PM »
People who try to make their babies do tricks for other people.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #11828 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »
People who try to make their babies do tricks for other people.

I have to agree with this. And I wind up stuck feeling awkward like Im watching a failed dog and pony show.  :P

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #11829 on: May 03, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »
The Eagle convincing me to buy just one more bag of soil just in case...and we're still 3 bags short.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #11830 on: May 04, 2013, 04:17:40 AM »
Label glue.

I got a very nice metal mixing bowl with a lable inside the bowl and one at the bottom.

The one on the bottom came off with no residue and in one peace. The one on the inside where the food goes... not so lucky. I had to soak it off and then use nail varnish remover to get the gunk. 

Why they could not use the glue from the bottom on the inside label?

WD40 gets that sticky stuff off.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11831 on: May 04, 2013, 07:03:18 AM »
Or Goo Gone.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #11832 on: May 04, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
People who never like or comment on any post I make on FB, but then casually say something that proves they've read almost everything I've posted days/weeks/months later.  It feels creepy somehow.   :-[

When people tell me I should move.  If I mention anything at all negative about where I am now (weather, traffic, location of stores), there's a certain group of people, mostly family, who immediately say "Well maybe you just need to move!".  Yeah, I'm not going to try and sell my house and move elsewhere just because there was a problem with one thing on one day. 

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #11833 on: May 04, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
LadySnowdon, I totally get you on that one.  I used to live in a terrible apartment in a really sketchy part of town with a real scumbag landlord. He once let workers into my suite to use my toilet while I was at work.  I came home to find piddle in my toilet; they didn't even flush!  And no, the workers were NOT doing work in my suite.  Also when I told the landlord the heat in my suite wasn't really working, he told me I was just a woman and didn't know what I was talking about and that the heat was fine...My power bills were always huge in winter because I had to run space heaters to keep from freezing. (A friend of mine whose company did plumbing for the building told me after I moved out that an older man had moved in and as soon as he complained about the heat, the plumbers were immediately called in to fix it and the landlord swore up and down to the new tenant that I had never said a word about the heat not working.)  People kept saying "You should move!"

At the time, there was no way to afford it, no way I could have afforded a month's rent PLUS damage deposit on a new place, nor missing any work to move.  It drove me crazy when people suggested I should move as though it had never occurred to me.  Believe me, I would have moved had I had the means, but at the time i didn't and it was extremely frustrating
"After all this time?"
"Always."

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11834 on: May 04, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
LadySnowdon, I totally get you on that one.  I used to live in a terrible apartment in a really sketchy part of town with a real scumbag landlord. He once let workers into my suite to use my toilet while I was at work.  I came home to find piddle in my toilet; they didn't even flush!  And no, the workers were NOT doing work in my suite.  Also when I told the landlord the heat in my suite wasn't really working, he told me I was just a woman and didn't know what I was talking about and that the heat was fine...My power bills were always huge in winter because I had to run space heaters to keep from freezing. (A friend of mine whose company did plumbing for the building told me after I moved out that an older man had moved in and as soon as he complained about the heat, the plumbers were immediately called in to fix it and the landlord swore up and down to the new tenant that I had never said a word about the heat not working.)  People kept saying "You should move!"

At the time, there was no way to afford it, no way I could have afforded a month's rent PLUS damage deposit on a new place, nor missing any work to move.  It drove me crazy when people suggested I should move as though it had never occurred to me.  Believe me, I would have moved had I had the means, but at the time i didn't and it was extremely frustrating

I had a similar situation but with my car. I bought it used, about 3 years old when my last one bit the dust unexpectedly. well, not totally, it WAS 17 years old. 3 years later my transmission blew. and needed to be replaced. granted my new car was 6 years old but as i bought it use,d not fully paid for. I had many people say why don't you just get a new one, rather than spend the 3+K to fit it. sure, if you are willing to take over my payments! I couldn't afford that and a second payment for a new one, nor could I actually sell or get any money for the old one.

And you know what, i spent the money, and it still runs. getting replaced this summer, but i've gotten another 3+ years out of it.