Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1625391 times)

Allyson

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #11835 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »
Someone on my Facebook posted a couple of days ago 'Resisting the urge to vaguebook...' and then today posted an egregious example of vaguebooking, hitting several of the classic points (referring to 'important decisions' and 'some people'). I thought it was kind of amusing...is it really that hard to not vaguebook? I always thought those posts happened from people who didn't realise what they were doing, but she obviously realizes it enough to post about how she shouldn't do it...

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11836 on: May 06, 2013, 08:29:51 AM »
Picking up trash and throwing it away only to somehow find it on the floor again, later.   And it's actual trash, like junk mail or an envelope, not something like a toy I might have thrown away cause it wasn't put away after being told to do so several times or a broken toy.

How in the-?? May need to check the bags I use for holes.

Also my internet connection for the last few days. I tried resetting the connection but my laptop's still having trouble. :P
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

« Reply #11837 on: May 06, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
A news writer who is "confused" by Kate & William buying a light blue stroller, since they are supposedly expecting a girl.  ::)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11838 on: May 06, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
I do understand when people need to vent and I try to be a good audience. However, when it is the same person, with the same complaint, ad infinitum, it gets difficult to be accommodating. I am sorry it is raining nearly every day in the summer, really, but you live in Florida, by your choice, and we are in the subtropic zone. It rains nearly every day from May to September!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #11839 on: May 06, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »
I do understand when people need to vent and I try to be a good audience. However, when it is the same person, with the same complaint, ad infinitum, it gets difficult to be accommodating. I am sorry it is raining nearly every day in the summer, really, but you live in Florida, by your choice, and we are in the subtropic zone. It rains nearly every day from May to September!

Your friend is missing out. Rainy season is great. It makes the tourists at Disney go "Eeek, we must hide in a restaurant until the weather clears! And go buy ponchos! Let's leave this ride line."  >:D

*ETA: There's a photo on Pinterest suggesting "throw colored sprinkles instead of rice at weddings." I guess the fact that it'll attract bugs or mice afterwards doesn't matter ::) 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:58:27 PM by TeamBhakta »

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11840 on: May 07, 2013, 06:48:12 AM »

POD.  I know someone who's unhappy but is refusing to do anything about her situation.  Well I shouldn't say refusing but she could be doing so much more towards improving her situation and she always has excuses as to why she can't do it.   ::)

I'm losing my sympathy for her. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #11841 on: May 07, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
At the moment, my sister is making me nuts. She's living rent free with my parents, paying for little except for one utility and her own bills (car payment and cell phone). She makes as much as I do (she's not shy about talking about her salary). She's planning a week long trip *next week* to visit the father of her baby, as he's just been released from prison. She's constantly posting pictures of her new tattoos, and shopping hauls, and visits to fun events, and restaurant lunches and dinners. Yet she's ALSO constantly posting complaints about being broke.

Meanwhile, my parents can't afford to pay for some needed repairs to their house, which they are doing on my sister's behalf (finishing an unfinished room so she can have a better, more private place to live).

Bed. Made. Lie. for her - and for my parents, who are enabling her. But I'm SOOOOO mean because I don't constantly empathize with sister, but do occasionally with mom.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #11842 on: May 07, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
I am right in the same boat, however my youngest sister does not live with my parents, she just mooches food and spending money off them. She has them right where she wants them. But the tattoos, new phone, car, shopping, dining out, all the same.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11843 on: May 07, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
*ETA: There's a photo on Pinterest suggesting "throw colored sprinkles instead of rice at weddings." I guess the fact that it'll attract bugs or mice afterwards doesn't matter ::)

I heard about one church who banned all throwing of rice, confetti, whatever because of the mess it made.  But they made an exception.  If you were outside, you could throw grass seed!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

EmmaJ.

« Reply #11844 on: May 07, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »

I heard about one church who banned all throwing of rice, confetti, whatever because of the mess it made.  But they made an exception.  If you were outside, you could throw grass seed!

Love it!   :D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11845 on: May 07, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
My clueless director - AGAIN. apparently yesterday he asked my bosses' boss for somthing, which she passed onto me. I knew it wasn't going to be what he wanted, but since I was out of the loop, I just got it for her. As I am walking out hte door, she tells me no, he wants the relevant discussion rather than cover sheets of our filings. Ok fine, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. in the meantime, she says she will look through them, and let me know which specific pages he wants.  Great.

I come in and there is an email from her, telling me what to get. that's it. So I go about my daily task which is important, and planned to do the stuff for clueless after that.  There was no indication he wanted this ASAP.  So clueless comes over, and gets pissy when, upon asking if I've gotten his stuff yet, and being told no,  that no it needs to be done first, its a priority.  Um, if you want it ASAP you need to convey that as I am NOT a mind reader, and I also told him i got the second requeset as I was leaving.   He is such a PITA sometimes.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11846 on: May 07, 2013, 10:44:52 AM »

I like this!  Most of the weddings we've been to in the last few decades used soap bubbles.   

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11847 on: May 07, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »
My issue with the soap bubbles is that they can stain clothes, especially white dresses!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11848 on: May 07, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »
I recall that, back in the 1970s and early 1980s, rice was banned at Weddings for several reasons.  First, there was the problem that walking on rice could cause people to slip and fall.  Second, there was the belief that raw rice would kill birds that ate it.  Sometimes, rice thrown at Weddings did kill birds that ate it.  That was because it was a fashion at the time to have rice dyed to match the Wedding colors. 

Yeah, wedding planning could go crazy back in the day. 

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #11849 on: May 07, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
Someone on my Facebook posted a couple of days ago 'Resisting the urge to vaguebook...' and then today posted an egregious example of vaguebooking, hitting several of the classic points (referring to 'important decisions' and 'some people'). I thought it was kind of amusing...is it really that hard to not vaguebook? I always thought those posts happened from people who didn't realise what they were doing, but she obviously realizes it enough to post about how she shouldn't do it...

That really is funny. I am resisting the urge to post "Resisting the urge to vaguebook..." just for the sheer irony of it. Most would get it, it think, but i have a couple friends with no sense of humor who would think i was seriously whining.

What is driving me crazy today is being the go-to person for any and all questions. My computer isn't working, should i call IT? If this says to do X should i do X? What if it says to do Y should i still do X? If it says do Z should i do X and Y instead?  :P I just keep smiling and telling myself it comes with being good at my job, but i really want to yell, "Why are you asking me this??"

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:45:10 PM by hobish »
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem