Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1563562 times)

TeamBhakta

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12180 on: June 11, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »
I'm looking at a particular brand of dolls. Apparently you can get some of them in following combinations:
- Grandma or Grandpa separately
- Mom or Dad separately
- One of the kids
- Set with both grandparents together
- Set with both grandparents together + a kitchen
- One grandparent with one grandkid
- Set with both grandparents, both parents and the grandkids

Now that's for the white and African American doll sets. For the Hispanic dolls, you can only get Grandma by herself, the family + Grandma, an individual parent or an individual kid. There's no Grandpa doll, Grandma + grandkid set or Grandma + Grandpa kitchen.  ???

nuit93

« Reply #12181 on: June 11, 2013, 07:02:46 PM »
I'm looking at a particular brand of dolls. Apparently you can get some of them in following combinations:
- Grandma or Grandpa separately
- Mom or Dad separately
- One of the kids
- Set with both grandparents together
- Set with both grandparents together + a kitchen
- One grandparent with one grandkid
- Set with both grandparents, both parents and the grandkids

Now that's for the white and African American doll sets. For the Hispanic dolls, you can only get Grandma by herself, the family + Grandma, an individual parent or an individual kid. There's no Grandpa doll, Grandma + grandkid set or Grandma + Grandpa kitchen.  ???

That would drive me up a wall just for the lack of mixed-race family options.

audhs

« Reply #12182 on: June 12, 2013, 05:31:53 PM »
My dd's furby most. Annoying toy ever.

Sheila Take a Bow

• Formerly arija but I felt like a name change.
« Reply #12183 on: June 12, 2013, 05:43:11 PM »
One of my coworkers excuses everything with, "I had no way of knowing."

I keep the calendar for my department, which is available to everybody.  Coworker Francine knows how to use it, and she has a shortcut to it on her desktop.

Francine called me to ask if her boss Amy is listed on the calendar as being out of the office the first week of July.  I told her she is.  Francine replied, "Well, I had no way of knowing."

Yes, she did.  She could check the calendar and see that it says that Amy is out.

Another time Francine emailed me to say Amy as working from home that day.  Right after I calendared her, Amy came to my office and asked why she was listed that way, since she's in the office.  I emailed Francine to say FYI, Amy is in the office, not working from home.  Francine replied, "I hadn't checked her schedule before emailing you, and I had no way of knowing where she was."  What?

Amy isn't in a cave somewhere, she's just down the hall from Francine.  Amy has a cell phone and email, or Francine could just walk a few feet to see if Amy's in her office, or if her purse or briefcase is in there.  Yet she "had no way of knowing"?

Ugh.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #12184 on: June 12, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »
When I forget to order my meal without tomatoes.  My mother raised me to pull them out and continue on, but 1) it makes a mess, especially if the tomatoes are diced, and 2) it is really annoying that reality does not conform to my desires that I forget something, that I really have to do almost every time I order food out.
For me it's celery. Why can't I remember that nearly every Chinese Restaurant meal has celery in it? I wish I had back all the time I've spent picking through my meals looking for celery.

Baby corn. I know it doesn't affect the flavor of things around it, but it freaks me out a little and so I very carefully have to pick every piece out of my food. Cracks my friends up because otherwise I will eat just about anything placed in front of me.

PeterM

« Reply #12185 on: June 12, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
Another time Francine emailed me to say Amy as working from home that day.  Right after I calendared her, Amy came to my office and asked why she was listed that way, since she's in the office.  I emailed Francine to say FYI, Amy is in the office, not working from home.  Francine replied, "I hadn't checked her schedule before emailing you, and I had no way of knowing where she was."  What?

"Then why did you lie and tell me you knew where she was?"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12186 on: June 12, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »
Mumblers.  My oldest is particularly guilty.

"mumblemumblemumblelaptop."  "Mumblemumblemumblemumblefee."   If not for the fact that others in the house can't understand him either I'd wonder if I ought to get my hearing checked.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #12187 on: June 12, 2013, 11:59:23 PM »
May be TMI, but here goes...

I am a person who needs 8 hours of sleep to function well. I can make do with 7 hours, but anything less than that really impacts the next day negatively.
Sometimes I go to bed s bit late due to all the household chores, sometimes my DH goes to bed a bit late due to many different reasons. And then he suddenly gets all cuddly, and I know what certain types of cuddly mean. Telling him 'I need to sleep' must be the most unromantic thing ever, but it's the truth! Still, it sort of upsets him to hear that.
It drives me up the wall at such moments, knowing that I'll have to upset him and be annoyed by it.

And yeah, I told him to watch the clock and go to bed early for cuddles, but 'he doesn't like to plan these things'. Well, deal with rejection then.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:35:34 PM by girlysprite »

diesel_darlin

« Reply #12188 on: June 13, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »
When I ask one of my bosses or a coworker a question and instead of explaining something to me, they reply "its common sense".

Yeah it may be common sense to those of you that have worked here for years, but its not for me who has worked here for one month.  >:(

PeterM

« Reply #12189 on: June 13, 2013, 04:14:35 AM »
When a family of four spend a good hour or so browsing our library's selection, leisurely choosing the books they want, having been informed several times that we're closing at X time, which is fast approaching, and then they come up to the desk at X minus thirty seconds and mention that, oh yeah, they don't have library cards and have to be signed up. Then after that takes them several minutes past closing time they want to go downstairs to sign the kids up for the summer reading program, which takes a few more minutes. And then when a departing coworker tries to herd them out the downstairs doorway they decide that, no, they'd really like to go out the upstairs door. So they walk very slowly up the stairs and out the front door, which deposits them about 20 feet from where the downstairs doorway would have put them. And then, of course, they start walking away towards the downstairs exit. Which means that at the end there they wasted their own time as well as mine.

Very nice people, every one of them, but holy crap did they annoy the snot out of me. It's like they were playing a game and they got extra points for the longer they got to stay in the building after closing. There actually are people who seem to get their jollies keeping us past closing, but these folks were just terminally clueless. They still managed to delay us later than anyone has in years, though, from a combination of us trying to give good customer service and me constantly thinking "Surely they'll leave now. Right?"

When I followed them up the stairs at the end, the mother kept sneaking glances at me. I think she thought I was rude for following them, but I had to make sure they actually exited the stinkin' building before I could start closing everything down. I just know they're going to think staying late is normal the next time they come in.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #12190 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »
I am purposely keeping this vague...

I had a friend ask me for a recommendation for a particular type of service.  I gave them a great one.  Something minor (and I do mean extremely minor and well within normal for the type of business) came up and has  slightly delayed service.  This probably would have come up to any other place this person could have gone because of the particular perimeters that this individual needed.  I warned them about it prior to their consultation.

Problem---They are driving me nuts about their lousy experience and my crappy recommendation.  They were kind of shocked when I reminded them that I told them this could happen and they were perfectly free to reject my recommendation and choose someone else's, but it probably wouldn't have changed anything to this point.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

audhs

« Reply #12191 on: June 13, 2013, 09:22:26 AM »
PEterM when I worked retail we had those customers too who seemed to get some sort of power trip over keeping you late.  I had one woman who actually said "oh it's not like you have anywhere better to be this time of night"

I have to confess I actually detailed to her exactly how long it would take me to get home on the bus if I missed the next one and then what time I had to get up the next day because I was opening.

She actually aplogized and left quickly after that, I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't have approved though. :P

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #12192 on: June 13, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
May be TMI, but here goes...

I am a person who needs 8 hours of sleep to function well. I can make do with 7 hours, but snything less than that really impacts the next day negatively.
Sometimes I go to bedca bit late due to all the household chores, sometimes my DH goes to bed a bit late due to many different reasons. And then he suddenly gets all cuddly, and I know what certain types of cuddly mean. Tellimg him 'I need to sleep' must be the most unromantic thing ever, but it's the truth! Still, it sort of upsets him to hear that.
It drives me up the wall at such moments, knowing that I'll have to upset him and be annoyed by it.

And yeah, I told him to wath the clock and go to bed early for cuddles, but 'he doesn't like to plan these things'. Well, deal with rejection then.

I have this issue too. And he drives me up the wall worse when he wakes me up from a deep sleep with that certain kind of cuddly, then decides he's actually too tired. Then, Iím upset for being woken up and frustrated at that point.

Shalamar

« Reply #12193 on: June 13, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »
I used to take orders over the phone for a pharmaceutical supply company.  The procedure was that I'd take orders until 10:00 p.m., then I had to stop, because the warehouse folks would be arriving at that point and needed to have all the orders in place so that they could start working.  You wouldn't believe the number of times a customer would call at precisely 9:59 p.m. and then give me a huge order that took forever to enter.  On at least one occasion, I literally had the warehouse people standing behind me and glaring at me while I frantically entered the order as fast as I could.

Man, I don't miss that job!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12194 on: June 13, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
I am purposely keeping this vague...

I had a friend ask me for a recommendation for a particular type of service.  I gave them a great one.  Something minor (and I do mean extremely minor and well within normal for the type of business) came up and has  slightly delayed service.  This probably would have come up to any other place this person could have gone because of the particular perimeters that this individual needed.  I warned them about it prior to their consultation.

Problem---They are driving me nuts about their lousy experience and my crappy recommendation.  They were kind of shocked when I reminded them that I told them this could happen and they were perfectly free to reject my recommendation and choose someone else's, but it probably wouldn't have changed anything to this point.

This is why I never, ever give recommendations, even when asked.

On those questionaires from some places, I may give highest scores to everything else, but when it comes to that final 'would you recommend us?' point, I give it the lowest score possible.

If someone asks what I use, either a product or a service, I may tell her.