Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1705326 times)

Kate

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12360 on: June 27, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »
Radio/TV news announcers, usually female, with overly happy perky voices who can't or won't adjust their tone to announce serious/sad/tragic/ news. I just cant handle it, just now turned radio off for that very reason.

Kate

« Reply #12361 on: June 27, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »
The elastic jean posts have triggered my favorite rant:  Why do clothing manufacturers think that plus-size women have to have spandex in their clothing?  Be it tops or pants, almost everything at The Avenue or Lane Bryant has spandex.  Spandex on almost any woman just emphasizes every bit of fat and cellulite and makes us look like we're wearing two sizes too small.
Actually I love spandex added to jeans and blouses and I am plus size. I just make sure I choose a size big enough that fat rolls and cellulite are camoflauged...I love being able to bend, squat, stretch without feeling restricted.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12362 on: June 27, 2013, 04:16:52 PM »
Hey, Piratelvr, are you me?  That's exactly what I hate about my house.  It used to be a showhome in 1999, but boy, it hasn't looked like a showhome in years - and the livingroom carpet is in the worst shape.  Big bare patches where the cats have torn it to shreds, plus a lot of stains because it's simply not worth cleaning it when it's already looking so awful.  If I won, say, $15,000 on the lottery, that's where it'd go.  Gotta keep saving our pennies.

Our house is a 1925 3 (well 4, now) bedroom house, and it has the beautiful woodwork of the time period.  I've mentioned before, on this forum, that when we first walked into the house, the Spirit of 76 wallpaper in the living room was the first thing we saw and all the other wallpaper is also VERY 70's, and the tiling on the kitchen table, counters, backsplashes and bathroom floors are done in a reddish tan tiling.  And the light switches in the living room had bald eagles on them, as did the wooden box valances over the windows.   And oh, the master bedroom? Had this dark 70's paneling along one wall.  I've primed and painted over it now.  There's also some in two of the other bedrooms but only a half wall.  For the babe's room I painted it a navy blue for a nautical theme but unfortunately the carpet is this combo of all the colors of the 70's. Not terribly nautical. 

I want to make it look more timeless and really would like to make the whole house in a nautical theme but we'll get there...eventually.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cwm

« Reply #12363 on: June 27, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »
When you write a four paragraph long post about things that drive you up the wall, but realize it's venting and have to navigate away from the page without posting. Because it was petty and I was venting. Still. All that effort for nothing...

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12364 on: June 27, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
When you write a four paragraph long post about things that drive you up the wall, but realize it's venting and have to navigate away from the page without posting. Because it was petty and I was venting. Still. All that effort for nothing...

Actually, I do that a lot. Then I proof what I've written, then I back out without posting it. It does make me feel better, sometimes. It's the old 'write a letter and tear it up therapy' and nobody can dispute what I've thought.  ;D

Guess I'll post this one!

Hillia

« Reply #12365 on: June 27, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »
A former fellow student (Bob) from the technical school DH attended recently applied for a job at DH's company.  When asked, DH gave an honest appraisal of Bob which was a factor in his being hired.  DH also contacted Bob before his interview to give him some tips on the interviewers likes/dislikes, and referred him to the rental agency where we rented our first house up here. In exchange, Bob joins in some pretty heavy handed ribbing (goes beyond good natured 'shop' teasing), refuses to take direction from DH on shop procedures (which he is supposed to do) and is just being a jerk in general.  Way to return a favor, buddy. Hope you don't need anything else anytime soon.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12366 on: June 27, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
Mr. Thipu's tendency to overplan everything.

Tonight, we're going to see the Ballet Trokadero de Monte Carlo.  You would think we were going to be in an episode of 'Ice Road Truckers'. 

He has to find the proper pair of binoculars.

The folding chairs must be certified as structurally sound. 

New batteries must be put in the flashlights. 

He's not sure we have enough insect repellent. 

He's put bottles of water in the freezer so we shouldn't die of dehydration. 

A cooler and ice packs of appropriate size must be found to accommodate the water.

He's been using Google Earth to scout proper escape routes in case of dangerous weather. 

The program is in the park.  It's a five minute walk away from our home. 

'RELAX!!!!' she screams at the top of her voice. 

TeamBhakta

« Reply #12367 on: June 27, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »

Tonight, we're going to see the Ballet Trokadero de Monte Carlo.  You would think we were going to be in an episode of 'Ice Road Truckers'. 

A cooler and ice packs of appropriate size must be found to accommodate the water.

He's been using Google Earth to scout proper escape routes in case of dangerous weather. 

Your husband is my overpacking / over preparing twin. I admit to  having a mental earthquake exit plan for my work building, even though an earthquake hasn't hit here since 1900. I am such a dork  :-X

EmmaJ.

« Reply #12368 on: June 27, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »

Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard.  What a thoughtful sweetie.

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #12369 on: June 27, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »
Thipu1, if your DH was born & raised in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, he's my BF's long-lost twin. The man has 48 extra rolls of toilet paper in his basement. Just in case, you know, the world stops making it.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #12370 on: June 27, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
That's both me and my DH!  It's hilarious when we plan anything (an evening activity, a weekend trip, a vacation, anything) because we will one-up each other on preparedness.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #12371 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:53 PM »
The exact opposite - people who don't want to plan anything!!  We might be roadtripping out to visit my parents at the end of July with two friends of mine.  I have been trying to get all of us together to plan out some basic details (like how to divide up gas expenses, or when we want to leave) and it just doesn't work!  Neither of my friends respond!  I've FB'd them, emailed them and texted them...can't call because I don't know their schedules so can't set up a conference call!  My planning side is going insane.  It doesn't take much to shut that side of me up, I just need *something* to work off! 

Did I mention we've been talking about this since Nov 2012??

ScubaGirl

« Reply #12372 on: June 28, 2013, 08:45:29 AM »
The exact opposite - people who don't want to plan anything!!  We might be roadtripping out to visit my parents at the end of July with two friends of mine.  I have been trying to get all of us together to plan out some basic details (like how to divide up gas expenses, or when we want to leave) and it just doesn't work!  Neither of my friends respond!  I've FB'd them, emailed them and texted them...can't call because I don't know their schedules so can't set up a conference call!  My planning side is going insane.  It doesn't take much to shut that side of me up, I just need *something* to work off! 

Did I mention we've been talking about this since Nov 2012??

And these are the people who say "It must be nice...." about vacations we take.  Yes, it is nice.  But it is also a little effort, a little forethought, and total commitment to a plan.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #12373 on: June 28, 2013, 08:55:41 AM »
A few pages near the end, but I'm proportionately chubby all over--but I'm SHORT. 5 foot. All clothing manufacturers seem to believe that the bigger you are, the taller you are as well. Very, very difficult and depressing to find pants to begin with, but adding length to it too is just awful. I'll stick to skirts.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12374 on: June 28, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
That's both me and my DH!  It's hilarious when we plan anything (an evening activity, a weekend trip, a vacation, anything) because we will one-up each other on preparedness.  ;D

Oh yes, when we travel we must always have a folding cane in the luggage (just in case).

We must each always carry a flashlight (just in case). 

A full variety of batteries must be brought along.

At least two large rolls of duct tape must be available. 

Of course, there was the time we went on a cruise with three formal nights and he forgot to pack ties.  There was also the time we were going to Mexico and I forgot to pack a single pair of Capri pants.  We make a good pair.