News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 21, 2018, 04:37:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5487104 times)

EmmaJ.

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12255 on: June 27, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
Mr. Thipu's tendency to overplan everything.

Tonight, we're going to see the Ballet Trokadero de Monte Carlo.  You would think we were going to be in an episode of 'Ice Road Truckers'. 

He has to find the proper pair of binoculars.

The folding chairs must be certified as structurally sound. 

New batteries must be put in the flashlights. 

He's not sure we have enough insect repellent. 

He's put bottles of water in the freezer so we shouldn't die of dehydration. 

A cooler and ice packs of appropriate size must be found to accommodate the water.

He's been using Google Earth to scout proper escape routes in case of dangerous weather. 

The program is in the park.  It's a five minute walk away from our home. 

'RELAX!!!!' she screams at the top of her voice.

Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard.  What a thoughtful sweetie.

AuntieA

• Now a great-Auntie x2!
« Reply #12256 on: June 27, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
Thipu1, if your DH was born & raised in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, he's my BF's long-lost twin. The man has 48 extra rolls of toilet paper in his basement. Just in case, you know, the world stops making it.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #12257 on: June 27, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
That's both me and my DH!  It's hilarious when we plan anything (an evening activity, a weekend trip, a vacation, anything) because we will one-up each other on preparedness.  ;D
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
« Reply #12258 on: June 27, 2013, 09:05:53 PM »
The exact opposite - people who don't want to plan anything!!  We might be roadtripping out to visit my parents at the end of July with two friends of mine.  I have been trying to get all of us together to plan out some basic details (like how to divide up gas expenses, or when we want to leave) and it just doesn't work!  Neither of my friends respond!  I've FB'd them, emailed them and texted them...can't call because I don't know their schedules so can't set up a conference call!  My planning side is going insane.  It doesn't take much to shut that side of me up, I just need *something* to work off! 

Did I mention we've been talking about this since Nov 2012??

ScubaGirl

« Reply #12259 on: June 28, 2013, 07:45:29 AM »
The exact opposite - people who don't want to plan anything!!  We might be roadtripping out to visit my parents at the end of July with two friends of mine.  I have been trying to get all of us together to plan out some basic details (like how to divide up gas expenses, or when we want to leave) and it just doesn't work!  Neither of my friends respond!  I've FB'd them, emailed them and texted them...can't call because I don't know their schedules so can't set up a conference call!  My planning side is going insane.  It doesn't take much to shut that side of me up, I just need *something* to work off! 

Did I mention we've been talking about this since Nov 2012??

And these are the people who say "It must be nice...." about vacations we take.  Yes, it is nice.  But it is also a little effort, a little forethought, and total commitment to a plan.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #12260 on: June 28, 2013, 07:55:41 AM »
A few pages near the end, but I'm proportionately chubby all over--but I'm SHORT. 5 foot. All clothing manufacturers seem to believe that the bigger you are, the taller you are as well. Very, very difficult and depressing to find pants to begin with, but adding length to it too is just awful. I'll stick to skirts.

Thipu1

« Reply #12261 on: June 28, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »
That's both me and my DH!  It's hilarious when we plan anything (an evening activity, a weekend trip, a vacation, anything) because we will one-up each other on preparedness.  ;D

Oh yes, when we travel we must always have a folding cane in the luggage (just in case).

We must each always carry a flashlight (just in case). 

A full variety of batteries must be brought along.

At least two large rolls of duct tape must be available. 

Of course, there was the time we went on a cruise with three formal nights and he forgot to pack ties.  There was also the time we were going to Mexico and I forgot to pack a single pair of Capri pants.  We make a good pair. 

Twik

« Reply #12262 on: June 28, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
A full variety of batteries must be brought along.

Are you flying? Because there are specific rules about carrying spare batteries by air, particularly lithium batteries.
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

missanpan

« Reply #12263 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
Tightly packed paper towel dispensers in the restrooms. I end up either ripping off small, unusable pieces or large amount of towels come out and flop into the trash below. Then, with the second scenario, I feel guilty about wasting all that paper.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #12264 on: June 28, 2013, 11:16:02 AM »
How about the toilet paper rolls that are shoved on the metal piece so that they don't spin at ALL and you  have to unroll it by hand?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #12265 on: June 28, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
Or discovering that the previous user didn't flush?

I'm going to suggest to my local Starbucks that they get a sign for the back of their restroom door requesting that people flush.

MrTango

« Reply #12266 on: June 28, 2013, 11:25:06 AM »
How about the toilet paper rolls that are shoved on the metal piece so that they don't spin at ALL and you  have to unroll it by hand?

Or the multiple roll dispensers that aren't designed with enough space for the 2nd roll to spin properly unless you rip the cardboard tube off the empty first roll.

My kitchen has a paper towel dispenser that is spring-loaded with a part that stops the roll from spinning more than 2x around.  That means that with a new roll, it spins enough to tear off 3 sheets, but near the end of the roll, I can barely get it to spin enough for 1 sheet.

cwm

« Reply #12267 on: June 28, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
Automatic sinks where the water stops spraying after two seconds. I'm sorry, that isn't nearly enough water to rinse off all the soap. And I have NO IDEA where the sensor is, so I'm waving my hands around trying to figure out how to get it running again, looking like a fool.

jaxsue

« Reply #12268 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:51 AM »
Automatic sinks where the water stops spraying after two seconds. I'm sorry, that isn't nearly enough water to rinse off all the soap. And I have NO IDEA where the sensor is, so I'm waving my hands around trying to figure out how to get it running again, looking like a fool.

That's me, too. It's embarrassing when you get  ::) looks.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #12269 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:55 PM »
The sensor is usually at the base of the tap, just above where it joins the ceramic of the sink.  Most of the time, we hold our hands right under the tap.  Try holding your hands lower down and you should trigger the sensor better.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario