Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1687580 times)

Lorelei_Evil

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12390 on: June 29, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »
4) Sleep in the box and deposit a large hairball in the new bed.

:)

TeamBhakta

« Reply #12391 on: June 29, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
I went to a restaurant with my parents. The owner randomly said "You work at XYZ Store, right ?" I thought "Huh, how did you know that ? I've never mentioned it to you before." Then he said "My wife and I see you there working, but you never say hi to us. We figure you're busy working and we don't want to bother you." Which is untrue. He and his wife have never approached me at work. They're very distinctive looking people and I'd notice if they were standing in front of me. Plus I'd never ignore someone saying "hi", whether I know them or not  :o I don't appreciate him trying to give my parents a poor impression of me

How is that untrue?

He said they see you--he never said *you* see them.

In fact, he said they deliberately never approach you because *they figure* you're busy and *they don't want* to interrupt you while you're at work--which is very honorable of them, actually. They didn't say, "you always look so busy and unapproachable." He said, "we see you but we deliberately don't interact with you out of consideration."

And so maybe they see you at a distance, so of course you don't remember them being there. After all, they're deliberately *not* "standing in front of" you.

And he said nothing about how *often* they are in there. Maybe once a month, who knows.

I don't know why you think they made you look bad in front of your parents! They made themselves look like respectful people.

He said I never say hi to them, which came across as "you ignore us." I spotted him yesterday while I was working, made an effort to say "Oh hey, how's it going ? Good to see you" and he acted kind of guilty / uncomfortable. I can't win with him, apparently  :o

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #12392 on: June 30, 2013, 08:49:37 AM »
4) Sleep in the box and deposit a large hairball in the new bed.

:)

5)  Sleep in your bed
6)  Leave lots of shed hair on it

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #12393 on: June 30, 2013, 04:34:14 PM »
People who are proud of their ignorance.  I'm not just talking about the people who "brag" that they're bad at math or whatever, but the people who will chime in on a conversation about a TV show or famous person with a smirk and "Who?" when they're basically conveying "I don't stoop to such lowly pursuits, so I'm blissfully unaware of your silly pop culture."

(Just to be clear, I don't mean people genuinely asking for more information about something.  I'm talking about the smug eye-rollers I've had the misfortune to encounter.  Sadly, I've even seen this attitude in RIP Celebrity threads in other forums.  Ugh.)

Look, I don't watch reality TV or read about the Kardashians, either.  That doesn't make me a better person than those who do.  Just different.  It's even more absurd when I see it online, because then the person is also telling everyone that they have no idea how Google works.
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12394 on: June 30, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »
A few pages near the end, but I'm proportionately chubby all over--but I'm SHORT. 5 foot. All clothing manufacturers seem to believe that the bigger you are, the taller you are as well. Very, very difficult and depressing to find pants to begin with, but adding length to it too is just awful. I'll stick to skirts.

I meant to mention that as a pet peeve of mine as well. I'm 5'5" but long waisted with short legs (29" inseam). the wider I am doesn't mean i'm that much taller.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12395 on: June 30, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
People who are proud of their ignorance.  I'm not just talking about the people who "brag" that they're bad at math or whatever, but the people who will chime in on a conversation about a TV show or famous person with a smirk and "Who?" when they're basically conveying "I don't stoop to such lowly pursuits, so I'm blissfully unaware of your silly pop culture."

(Just to be clear, I don't mean people genuinely asking for more information about something.  I'm talking about the smug eye-rollers I've had the misfortune to encounter.  Sadly, I've even seen this attitude in RIP Celebrity threads in other forums.  Ugh.)

Look, I don't watch reality TV or read about the Kardashians, either.  That doesn't make me a better person than those who do.  Just different.  It's even more absurd when I see it online, because then the person is also telling everyone that they have no idea how Google works.

I can relate. I'm pretty good at remembering lines from movies, almost verbatim and can remember how they were delivered.  I honestly don't even try, I just watch it and can remember it really well, especially if I've seen the movie more than once.  I have had so many people say "How come you can remember that but you can't remember this other thing?"  Or "I have too much else to think about to clutter my mind up with movie quotes or trivia"  ::) 

Look, I'm not expecting everyone to be able to remember lines of dialogue and don't hold it against anyone if they can't, so they certainly don't need to get a superior and snotty attitude with me. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #12396 on: June 30, 2013, 09:52:25 PM »
Or the toilet paper dispensers that ONLY dispense single squares of toilet paper, where you have to take like 100 squares just to wipe, the local Tim Hortons here has that and it's quite annoying!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12397 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »
When someone tells me "you can't be your child's best friend".  Well no carp, Sherlock! I KNOW THAT!  I am not one of those parents.  Heck, my kids get praised for their manners and I have other adults say "Your son is just so nice and polite and always minds his manners!"  So clearly, something has sunk in.  They're not perfect of course but they apparently are not the kind of SS we read about in that thread when DH and I aren't around. 

Have I possibly been too permissive and let them walk over me in the past? Unfortunately, yes.  Not for a desire to be their best friend though, just that it's really NOT in my nature to be an authoritarian sort of parent.  A battleaxe, I am not.  "Catch more flies with honey" is my default approach with people. 

But oh man it irritates the snot out of me when people say that to me.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cwm

« Reply #12398 on: July 01, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »
There's a desk I pass every day. It has a sign hanging on it, handwritten. Each word is in a different color of highlighter, which is fine. The problem?

"Never forget your good enough."

I want to grab my own highlighter and fix it. I mean, I could understand this from a small child who hasn't had the rules of the English language settled into his or her head yet, but this is a woman for whom English is her first language and has had at least a high school education, probably some college. A very smart woman, at that.

lilfox

« Reply #12399 on: July 01, 2013, 05:39:35 PM »
Antiperspirant that does nothing.  It's the "Clinical strength" version, which is supposed to have the same content of antiperspirant agent as the prescription stuff.  I even followed a recommendation to wait for a while after a shower to apply (and apply in the evenings before bed), and no luck.

Botox shots are kind of a last resort, but I'm getting there...

magicdomino

« Reply #12400 on: July 01, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »
There's a desk I pass every day. It has a sign hanging on it, handwritten. Each word is in a different color of highlighter, which is fine. The problem?

I want to grab my own highlighter and fix it. I mean, I could understand this from a small child who hasn't had the rules of the English language settled into his or her head yet, but this is a woman for whom English is her first language and has had at least a high school education, probably some college. A very smart woman, at that.

Oops, I left my good enough at home again.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12401 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »

You know what they say, Good Enough, never leave home without it...

mmswm

« Reply #12402 on: July 01, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »

You know what they say, Good Enough, never leave home without it...

I always make sure to bring mine every time I leave the house!
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Margo

« Reply #12403 on: July 02, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
Antiperspirant that does nothing.  It's the "Clinical strength" version, which is supposed to have the same content of antiperspirant agent as the prescription stuff.  I even followed a recommendation to wait for a while after a shower to apply (and apply in the evenings before bed), and no luck.

have you tried anti-perspirent esigned for men? they seem often to be more effective.

Hillia

« Reply #12404 on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »

have you tried anti-perspirent esigned for men? they seem often to be more effective.

I finally realized that any kind of scent in my antiperspirant made me stink, so switching to unscented did the trick for me.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools