News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 20, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5484784 times)

cwm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12285 on: July 01, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »
There's a desk I pass every day. It has a sign hanging on it, handwritten. Each word is in a different color of highlighter, which is fine. The problem?

"Never forget your good enough."

I want to grab my own highlighter and fix it. I mean, I could understand this from a small child who hasn't had the rules of the English language settled into his or her head yet, but this is a woman for whom English is her first language and has had at least a high school education, probably some college. A very smart woman, at that.

lilfox

« Reply #12286 on: July 01, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »
Antiperspirant that does nothing.  It's the "Clinical strength" version, which is supposed to have the same content of antiperspirant agent as the prescription stuff.  I even followed a recommendation to wait for a while after a shower to apply (and apply in the evenings before bed), and no luck.

Botox shots are kind of a last resort, but I'm getting there...

magicdomino

« Reply #12287 on: July 01, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »
There's a desk I pass every day. It has a sign hanging on it, handwritten. Each word is in a different color of highlighter, which is fine. The problem?

I want to grab my own highlighter and fix it. I mean, I could understand this from a small child who hasn't had the rules of the English language settled into his or her head yet, but this is a woman for whom English is her first language and has had at least a high school education, probably some college. A very smart woman, at that.

Oops, I left my good enough at home again.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #12288 on: July 01, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »

You know what they say, Good Enough, never leave home without it...
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #12289 on: July 01, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »

You know what they say, Good Enough, never leave home without it...

I always make sure to bring mine every time I leave the house!
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Margo

« Reply #12290 on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:51 AM »
Antiperspirant that does nothing.  It's the "Clinical strength" version, which is supposed to have the same content of antiperspirant agent as the prescription stuff.  I even followed a recommendation to wait for a while after a shower to apply (and apply in the evenings before bed), and no luck.

have you tried anti-perspirent esigned for men? they seem often to be more effective.

Hillia

« Reply #12291 on: July 02, 2013, 08:18:37 AM »

have you tried anti-perspirent esigned for men? they seem often to be more effective.

I finally realized that any kind of scent in my antiperspirant made me stink, so switching to unscented did the trick for me.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #12292 on: July 02, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »

I finally realized that any kind of scent in my antiperspirant made me stink, so switching to unscented did the trick for me.

Hubby's deodorant works better than mine. :P Which also reminds me of something that drives me up the wall: the fact that the only deodorants I've found that do a good job and last all day are also the ones that set off my asthma!!! >:(
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Redsoil

« Reply #12293 on: July 02, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »
I wonder if that sign deliberately has a flaw in it, to illustrate the theme of "good enough" (ie:  not perfect).  :)
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #12294 on: July 02, 2013, 02:27:22 PM »
When a celebrity does an interview about "Oh my gosh, I have never smoked / used nannies or babysitters / met so-and-so in my entire life. I would never!" Especially when multiple pictures and videos of the celebrity doing quite the opposite are well known among their fan base  ::)

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #12295 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:04 AM »
Or when the very slender celebrity (usually a woman) says "I never diet.  I eat junk all the time!  I had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch, and I never exercise!"  Uh-huh.  I ain't buying it.

I like Hugh Jackman's attitude.  He's very up-front about the fact that he has a special low-fat diet when he's going to play Wolverine, and he has to work out for something like six hours a day.  He's gone on record as saying that this is highly unusual for him, and he only does it to look like, well, THAT.

I think there are so many that say that, that there have to be some liars, but there really are some (younger) celebs that can manage that in their 20s, at least. Aside from when she was pregnant, my mother was teeny tiny with a horrendously junky diet. It caught up with her in her mid-thirties, but it does happen. It's all about metabolism. Too bad I didn't inherit that from her.

Cami

« Reply #12296 on: July 03, 2013, 09:42:23 AM »
Or when the very slender celebrity (usually a woman) says "I never diet.  I eat junk all the time!  I had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch, and I never exercise!"  Uh-huh.  I ain't buying it.

I like Hugh Jackman's attitude.  He's very up-front about the fact that he has a special low-fat diet when he's going to play Wolverine, and he has to work out for something like six hours a day.  He's gone on record as saying that this is highly unusual for him, and he only does it to look like, well, THAT.

I think there are so many that say that, that there have to be some liars, but there really are some (younger) celebs that can manage that in their 20s, at least. Aside from when she was pregnant, my mother was teeny tiny with a horrendously junky diet. It caught up with her in her mid-thirties, but it does happen. It's all about metabolism. Too bad I didn't inherit that from her.
Yeah, when I was in my 20s, I could eat fatty junk food all day long with no results. In my 30s and early 40s, I had to watch my fat intake somewhat. Then menopause happened and let's put it this way -- I was once quite sick for 2 weeks and barely ate. My doctor was astonished that I put on 5 pounds in those two weeks. She kept saying, "This cannot be happening!" But it was.  It's the same for all the women in my mother's side of the family. We're skinny minnies until menopause hits and then BAM!

audhs

« Reply #12297 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
When you're having a conversation with someone and they disagree with you and to prove their point they add random extra facts.

L
Eg, your discussing went a child is old enough to stay home  alone and they add well if they have special needs then that's way too young.    :o.  And then I'm left confused because well of course there exceptions but that's not what we were talking about.

Shoo

« Reply #12298 on: July 03, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
When you're having a conversation with someone and they disagree with you and to prove their point they add random extra facts.

L
Eg, your discussing went a child is old enough to stay home  alone and they add well if they have special needs then that's way too young.    :o.  And then I'm left confused because well of course there exceptions but that's not what we were talking about.

That happens on this forum all the time.  Drives me bonkers.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #12299 on: July 03, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »

L

That happens on this forum all the time.  Drives me bonkers.

Yes.  I have seen posters say they, personally, don't like something and get jumped on by posters who translate that as "I don't like it so nobody else should do it ever".  I hate that.