Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1538609 times)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12510 on: July 10, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »
Got a reminder of a reoccurring pet peeve of mine today - people in training classes on my floor, taking phone calls in the ladies room on their breaks. Bonus points if they are in the stall, using the facilities and taking a business call at the same time. Argh!

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #12511 on: July 10, 2013, 02:59:35 PM »
Sometimes I'm driven a little crazy that I'm fairly busty with a petite frame. Petite cute dresses and tops with a square or v-neck that look perfectly decent on other petite women make me look like a freaking pin-up girl, aka, not appropriate for work or church. And yes, I know I can add a camisole but it has been HOT lately and I don't want to wear extra layers.

I have this issue. A pretty square of lace in the colour of choice (I have a black, a white and a red) and a couple of little gold safety pins - Ta Da!!! no more boobage!

Most busty women I know run into this.  Most clothing is made to fit a B/C cup.  Even modest cut tops can look obscene on me.  Oddly enough, the more modest/higher neckline, the more obscene it looks on me.  V necks are okay most of the time, most square cut necklines make me look like I'm offering up my breast on a platter.

Oh, square cuts are the worst. I wore one last night where the fabric stopped 4 inches below my collar bones. But with my DDs it looked like they were out there for the world to see.

I hate the ones that have the chest area contoured so the girls will "fit" in the shirt. I have a big chest that doesn't fit in the chest area. I'm sure small-chested women have the opposite, but no less annoying problem.

Shalamar

« Reply #12512 on: July 10, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »
Ugh, RebeccainGA, I hate that.  I couldn't believe my ears when I was in a bathroom stall the other day and I heard a woman come in, chatting away on her cell phone - then she got into the stall beside me and proceeded to take care of business, all while still chatting.  UGH.

EvilShalamar might have flushed several times at that point.  I was really hoping that the person on the other end of the phone might say "What's that noise?  Tell me you're not calling me from the bathroom ..."

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #12513 on: July 10, 2013, 03:08:45 PM »
Sometimes I'm driven a little crazy that I'm fairly busty with a petite frame. Petite cute dresses and tops with a square or v-neck that look perfectly decent on other petite women make me look like a freaking pin-up girl, aka, not appropriate for work or church. And yes, I know I can add a camisole but it has been HOT lately and I don't want to wear extra layers.

I have this issue. A pretty square of lace in the colour of choice (I have a black, a white and a red) and a couple of little gold safety pins - Ta Da!!! no more boobage!

Most busty women I know run into this.  Most clothing is made to fit a B/C cup.  Even modest cut tops can look obscene on me.  Oddly enough, the more modest/higher neckline, the more obscene it looks on me.  V necks are okay most of the time, most square cut necklines make me look like I'm offering up my breast on a platter.

Oh, square cuts are the worst. I wore one last night where the fabric stopped 4 inches below my collar bones. But with my DDs it looked like they were out there for the world to see.

I hate the ones that have the chest area contoured so the girls will "fit" in the shirt. I have a big chest that doesn't fit in the chest area. I'm sure small-chested women have the opposite, but no less annoying problem.
Thank you. As a flat chested woman it is annoying. And I am flat, not even an A. Being accused of being a boy in a dress is one thing that drives me up the wall.

Allyson

« Reply #12514 on: July 10, 2013, 03:39:57 PM »
I am starting to really run out of sympathy for people's 'bad moods' and 'bad days'.  Yes, we all have them. It's not an excuse to walk around like a storm cloud, glaring, and snapping at people. I don't mean people have to be cheerful or friendly, but treating others badly is really not an acceptable response to a bad mood, especially when said bad mood/bad day happens several times a month, at least. 

cwm

« Reply #12515 on: July 10, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
Ugh, RebeccainGA, I hate that.  I couldn't believe my ears when I was in a bathroom stall the other day and I heard a woman come in, chatting away on her cell phone - then she got into the stall beside me and proceeded to take care of business, all while still chatting.  UGH.

EvilShalamar might have flushed several times at that point.  I was really hoping that the person on the other end of the phone might say "What's that noise?  Tell me you're not calling me from the bathroom ..."

My mom made some exaggerated VERY LOUD straining noises one time. Got the other person off the phone. Maybe not polite, but definitely funny.

I'm getting really frustrated with my boyfriend.

Me: When do you want to have dinner?
Him: Oh, I don't know, whenever.

Fifteen minutes later.

Me: So, what were you thinking about doing for dinner?
Him: I don't know. What do you want?
Me: *lists off a few local places*
Him: No, I don't really feel like any of them.
Me: Okay, what do you want to do?
Him: I don't know, what do you want?
Me: Well, you're paying for it, so you decide.
Him: I can't think of anything.
Me: Are you hungry?
Him: Yeah, I'm starving.
Me: Well, how about *lists off a few more places*
Him: No, that's more than I'm willing to spend.
Me: Okay, fast food?
Him: No, I don't want fast food, I want to eat healthier.
Me: How about we go to the store and pick something out and I'll cook it.
Him: I don't want to wait that long.

On and on and on forever. And when I try TELLING him what we're doing for dinner, he'll veto it.

Seriously, how hard would it be for him to make a short list of where he likes to eat in the area and refer to that when he's hungry? Or keep food in the house for me to cook? I'm banging my head against a wall daily with him!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12516 on: July 10, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »

While I don't flush indiscriminantly, I won't wait until they're finished. If I'm done, and I need to flush, and someone is yapping away on their phone, I do it. And am secretly gleeful that our toilets sometimes require more than one flush to get everything down  >:D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #12517 on: July 10, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »

Fifteen minutes later.

On and on and on forever. And when I try TELLING him what we're doing for dinner, he'll veto it.

Seriously, how hard would it be for him to make a short list of where he likes to eat in the area and refer to that when he's hungry? Or keep food in the house for me to cook? I'm banging my head against a wall daily with him!

I'd be SO tempted to say "Okay, I'm going to go out and get X.  Get what you want."

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12518 on: July 10, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »

My mom made some exaggerated VERY LOUD straining noises one time. Got the other person off the phone. Maybe not polite, but definitely funny.

Perhaps not polite, but I heart your mom.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12519 on: July 10, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »

Fifteen minutes later.

I'd be SO tempted to say "Okay, I'm going to go out and get X.  Get what you want."

I had a friend do that to me once. we were heading out on a saturday morning and she wanted breakfast. fine, so I asked her what she wanted "Bagels or maybe McDonalds" Well, either one is fine with me, so which one? "i don't knoooooooooow, I can't decide, i don't know what I feeeeel like having"

I said ok, but you need to decide soon as i have to turn around for bagels, and once I'm past the turnoff, I'm not going back. and then you'll get what you get.  She did manage to tell me bagels before I hit the turnaround but really? its' not rocket science.

I will admit some days I don't know what i want to eat at lunch, but I simply step back in the cafeteria, let others go ahead of me, unitl I've made up my mind.

KimberlyM

« Reply #12520 on: July 10, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
There are grapes in my fruit salad and I'm using a plastic fork.  Plastic forks and grapes to not play well together. 

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12521 on: July 10, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
When you're trying to find information over the phone and get caught in one of those blasted phone trees.  "Press 1 for X, 2 for Y, and 3 for Z."  Which doesn't help me at all when I have a question about Q.  >:(

ohh and when you are not sure if your question falls under 1 or 2, so you pick one and then can't go back. Instead you have to hang up and redial going through the blasted tree again.

Supposedly, if you just keep hitting 0 (zero) during the automated msgs, it'll kick you to a real live human being.
Tried that.  "You have entered an invalid number. Please press 1 for X, 2 for Y, and 3 for Z."  I had to go three levels farther in before 0 would get me to a human.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shalamar

« Reply #12522 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:02 PM »
It's not an excuse to walk around like a storm cloud, glaring, and snapping at people.

Oh, so you've met my daughters, eh?  :)  I love them dearly, but when they're not happy, they make sure the whole world knows it.  Makes for some miserable times at home, sometimes.  I keep saying "Hey, I'm on your side, remember.  Don't take your bad mood out on me."  Whereupon they deny being in a bad mood.  'Kay.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #12523 on: July 10, 2013, 06:07:35 PM »
There are grapes in my fruit salad and I'm using a plastic fork.  Plastic forks and grapes to not play well together.

The coffee shop in my building switched to wooden sporks. Useless, taste funny and occasionally give you splinters.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #12524 on: July 11, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »
I am starting to really run out of sympathy for people's 'bad moods' and 'bad days'.  Yes, we all have them. It's not an excuse to walk around like a storm cloud, glaring, and snapping at people. I don't mean people have to be cheerful or friendly, but treating others badly is really not an acceptable response to a bad mood, especially when said bad mood/bad day happens several times a month, at least.

A person I work with does this. As she was a friend before I was hired at her company, she is on my FB. So not only do I have to deal with it at work, I get to read the vaguebooking at home.