Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1750062 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12570 on: July 13, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
When I was sitting on the sofa I couldn't keep my eyes open. Now I'm in bed I'm wide awake. Even listening to talk radio which normally knocks me out in five minutes hasn't worked.

The same thing happened to me last night. I am house and dogsitting, and most nights, I don't sleep as well as I do at home. The bed is way softer than mine, and the dogs sometimes bug me. So thu night I didn't sleep well at all. Last night (Friday) I was exhausted. all day. Until 11 when I went to bed, and proceeded to be WIIIIDE awake until about 1. I was not happy

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #12571 on: July 13, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »
BG:  First, I'm the one in my household that pays all the household bills.  I have a neon yellow file in the file cabinet with hard copies of old bill statements.  I do all my transactions on-line now, but keep one copy of each bill for the account numbers just in case something comes up and I need account numbers or contact info.

Well today, something came up and I needed an account number. The file was not in it's spot.  I looked through the whole freaking cabinet...no file. After 30 minutes of frantic searching, I called DH. It turns out he was looking for something, pulled the file out, placed it in completely random place no where near the file cabinet.  I am not amused and he things I'm being silly for being mad about this.  I just wasted 30 minutes looking for something that should not have been moved in the first place...this is not the first time this has happened and he has been asked previously not to move that particular file around.

Wait a minute.  You went looking for a file you needed in a place called a file cabinet (which is a cabinet that hold files so you know where the files you filed have been filed) and the file wasn't in the file cabinet and he thinks you're being ridiculous?

I mean, if a Phillips screwdriver was in the fridge instead of the toolbox, or a jar of oregano was in the medicine cabinet instead of the spice rack, one would be outraged for that, too.

Exactly!  And am stilled pretty steamed too.  I'm trying to work off my mad  though.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #12572 on: July 13, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
BG:  First, I'm the one in my household that pays all the household bills.  I have a neon yellow file in the file cabinet with hard copies of old bill statements.  I do all my transactions on-line now, but keep one copy of each bill for the account numbers just in case something comes up and I need account numbers or contact info.

Well today, something came up and I needed an account number. The file was not in it's spot.  I looked through the whole freaking cabinet...no file. After 30 minutes of frantic searching, I called DH. It turns out he was looking for something, pulled the file out, placed it in completely random place no where near the file cabinet.  I am not amused and he things I'm being silly for being mad about this.  I just wasted 30 minutes looking for something that should not have been moved in the first place...this is not the first time this has happened and he has been asked previously not to move that particular file around.

Wait a minute.  You went looking for a file you needed in a place called a file cabinet (which is a cabinet that hold files so you know where the files you filed have been filed) and the file wasn't in the file cabinet and he thinks you're being ridiculous?

I mean, if a Phillips screwdriver was in the fridge instead of the toolbox, or a jar of oregano was in the medicine cabinet instead of the spice rack, one would be outraged for that, too.

Exactly!  And am stilled pretty steamed too.  I'm trying to work off my mad  though.

I did think of a solution so this doesn't happen again, though, if you're interested.  Would it be feasible to type the information into a Word file (or just notepad) and save it to the computer you do your online bill paying on?  Maybe even name it NeonYellowFile.doc (because that's your mental association with the contents), and that way they'll be exactly where you need it, and no one but you would really know what it's for.  Just a thought.  :D

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #12573 on: July 13, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »

I did think of a solution so this doesn't happen again, though, if you're interested.  Would it be feasible to type the information into a Word file (or just notepad) and save it to the computer you do your online bill paying on?  Maybe even name it NeonYellowFile.doc (because that's your mental association with the contents), and that way they'll be exactly where you need it, and no one but you would really know what it's for.  Just a thought.  :D

The reason I have the hard files is in case something goes wonky with the computer.  Even with backups, I've lost all the data I had to crashes multiple times. I've done the .doc file before only to have it disappear never to be found again.  It's just easier for me to have my little yellow file.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #12574 on: July 13, 2013, 06:24:56 PM »

The reason I have the hard files is in case something goes wonky with the computer.  Even with backups, I've lost all the data I had to crashes multiple times. I've done the .doc file before only to have it disappear never to be found again.  It's just easier for me to have my little yellow file.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting completely replacing the little yellow file... just maybe backing up your backup.  :)

Redsoil

« Reply #12575 on: July 14, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
Locking file cabinet. 
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

snowdragon

« Reply #12576 on: July 14, 2013, 02:00:58 AM »

Dropbox.com. Seriously, It can not be lost and is backed up several times so that people have peace of mind with regards to cloud computing. I Love it.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #12577 on: July 14, 2013, 04:24:24 AM »

Welcome to my world. My husband is a) absent-minded and b) unable to grasp the concept of keeping things in certain spots consistently so that one knows where they are and can find them when they're needed. I spend a lot of time looking for stuff and fuming.

Some of the absent-minded stuff is funny: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/jenniferjo/sunscreen_fridge_040613_zpsd295240b.jpg.

When I find my good screwdriver out in the yard two acres away from the house, however...  >:(
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #12578 on: July 14, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »

Welcome to my world. My husband is a) absent-minded and b) unable to grasp the concept of keeping things in certain spots consistently so that one knows where they are and can find them when they're needed. I spend a lot of time looking for stuff and fuming.

Some of the absent-minded stuff is funny: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/jenniferjo/sunscreen_fridge_040613_zpsd295240b.jpg.

When I find my good screwdriver out in the yard two acres away from the house, however...  >:(

My brother does this too, but his most annoying habit is to use something really expensive as a tool instead of the actual cheaper made for usage tool.  A good example is when he used the butter knife from my silverware set as a flat head screw driver...and it wasn't from the cheap everyday stainless steel set, but the silver.  Or when he used my $20 of precision tweezers for Deity knows what.  Or when he used my mom's great fabrics shears to cut up something plastic (she was peeved about that one and made him replace them).

Thank goodness we don't live in the same household anymore.  More than once he was told the toolbox stuff is fair game, but if whatever else you are wanting to use is in its own special case, stay the (I can't express myself without swearing) away from it.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #12579 on: July 14, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
My brother was terrible for using the expensive item as a cheap tool... until he bought his first set of Snap-On wrenches and I threatened to use one of them as a crowbar.
Suddenly he's much more understanding that I do NOT want him to use my MAC makeup brushes to clean the bathroom sink, no matter how well the angled brow brush cleans around the tapware...
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Redsoil

« Reply #12580 on: July 14, 2013, 09:35:04 AM »
StarDrifter - did you kill him?  *Has image in head of ZombieBro with Snap-Ons*  Ha!

Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #12581 on: July 14, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »
My DH's complete unawareness of major news stories.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12582 on: July 14, 2013, 05:32:23 PM »
DH is just the opposite, a hard news junkie.  Yet 9 times out of 10, if I comment on a (non-political) news story being broadcast right this second, he says "What are you talking about? What elephant in the rose bushes?"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #12583 on: July 14, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
How about the wooden "spoons" (the small flat ones that come with cups of ice cream), that break when you are trying to eat ice cream that is hard as a rock? I had that a few times down in Nashville last month, there was samples of Blue Bell ice cream being handed out (yummmmmmmmm), and a couple times, as I was trying to eat mine, the dingdangity "spoon" would snap, right where the base met the handle, so I couldn't use it, and had no access to a plastic one at anytime (note to self, carry some plastic spoons next time just in case)

o_gal

« Reply #12584 on: July 15, 2013, 07:57:16 AM »

Apparently my DH has a long lost brother. On Sep 11, 2001 I called him in the afternoon wanting to know if he still wanted to do an activity that was planned for that evening. He was clueless about why we would think of cancelling it. It's not gotten any better.