Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1625530 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12855 on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »
Dreams. When you have one you are absolutely positive is real, then wake up, and realize its not. I think I've had this dream before, that I had an "extra" room in my apt, which I didn't use. And living in a small 1BR apt, that's a big deal! So in my dream, I was trying to figure out how to use it/what to put in it. I know there's some strange parallel to real life, but can't figure out what it is.

Anyway, I woke up, and for a second was all excited, WOW, extra space, then slowly came back to reality and realized, no, just a dream.

Carotte

« Reply #12856 on: August 18, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »
Speaking about dreams, I'm tired by all those where I'm stressing about something having to do with a school project or my master thesis/project. Sometimes they go back to high-school! i graduated last year, I don't want to think about those things anymore!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12857 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Speaking about dreams, I'm tired by all those where I'm stressing about something having to do with a school project or my master thesis/project. Sometimes they go back to high-school! i graduated last year, I don't want to think about those things anymore!

I graduated high school 50 years ago and university 46 years ago. Every couple of years, I dream about missing a final or ending up in class in my nightgown. Oh well, at least I'm young a thin in them, so I guess I shouldn't let it drive me up the wall.

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #12858 on: August 18, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »
My Step MIL.

My SIL and her BF eloped on Friday. They did it properly to. Told no one but the 2 witnesses (their mums) and went to Gretna Green.

SMIL and FIL have a cordial relationship with SIL but its not close by any stretch of the imagination. Due in no small part to how FIL treated SIL in her younger years. 

SMIL acts like she is being personally slighted if she is not given lots of attention and her ego is not stroked in all our big life events (which is part of the reason SIL eloped.) so she is now on the big wounded pride thing and it bugs me.

Why she can't just be happy for them. every one else is.
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #12859 on: August 18, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »
oh and as well as that (because I am having one of those days.)

DH who thinks its ok to crash at his brothers house after a party (this bits fine) but not tell me or let me know or have a working phone on him, when he told me he was coming home.

Its not deliberate he just doesn't think. He also has a habit of falling asleep at these things. Its like trying to wake the dead to get him awake again before he is ready.

He is at the shop getting BBQ fixings and he better come home with flowers.
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Betelnut

« Reply #12860 on: August 18, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »

I graduated high school 50 years ago and university 46 years ago. Every couple of years, I dream about missing a final or ending up in class in my nightgown. Oh well, at least I'm young a thin in them, so I guess I shouldn't let it drive me up the wall.

I had a dream once where I had to go back to FIRST GRADE because I hadn't actually finished it or something.  Even in the dream I was thinking, "Oh this will be easy!" LOL
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

cabbageweevil

« Reply #12861 on: August 18, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
Dreams -- every few nights, I seem to have one which is, at least loosely, about the job in which I worked from the early 1980s to the late 1990s. Job involved salaries and wages -- I'm next-door to innumerate, whereby such work would seem rather contra-indicated for someone like me; but calculators and adding-machines, allowed me to just about cope. I was miserably bad at said stuff.

Dreams about situations with that job, often involve my boss during the above time; who basically disliked me, and thought me mostly a "waste of space": but he was a very upright and moral character, and felt obliged to defend and support his staff when things went wrong -- "whose fault", irrelevant in his view. He "pulled me out of the fire" on a number of occasions.  That was long ago -- we had no contact after he retired in the mid-90s, and it's quite likely that he's now dead.  I have frequent dreams in which I'm back in this job of mine, and assorted -- often totally surreal -- things are going wrong: usually involving my old boss, who in the dreams sometimes assumes the role of an ogre and tyrant, sometimes of a suffering supporter of his idiot underling.  Am always very glad to wake up from such dreams and realise that the stuff is not actually happening.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12862 on: August 18, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »

40 years for me.  In mine, I'm coming up to graduation, and I suddenly realize that I've read my schedule wrong and have been going to the wrong class all year/semester.  Like I should have been in Ms. Scarlet's English IV, but I've been going to Professor Plum's English IV instead.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Betelnut

« Reply #12863 on: August 18, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »
Today--the combination of a remote-controlled Barbie car and Donald Duck on the TV.  The noise is driving me bonkers!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

RavenousEdenFleur

« Reply #12864 on: August 18, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
Pacing.. I'm sure I have done it before, but my old roommate used to pace throughout the room quickly, then slowly, then slower even still behind me then speed up. She is a writer and says it is part of the process. Great but it just irked me a bit.

Then at yoga one day.I got there early, and noticed a woman outside the studio going back and forth, then she just walked into the lobby, into the locker room, then out, through the studio, up and down the hall and repeated. She was constantly bumping into people, getting in their way and then finally came in, took class just fine and then went home.... it was odd to me.

andi

« Reply #12865 on: August 18, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »
People who let their small children "control" their very large dogs. Really?  What on earth makes them think their 30 pond 4 year old is going to be able to have any control over a 100+ pond dog if it takes off at someone or something?  Drives me nuts and makes me very nervous.

And it pushes me over the edge when these parents say "but my dog is very well behaved".  Fine- but even the beat dog can get spooked or react to something it's people don't see - and most dogs I've been around are even more protective of kids in their family than adults and will react to things differently.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12866 on: August 18, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »

I graduated college 29 yrs ago, and I often have dreams that I didn't write an essay or study for a big exam. It's always a relief to wake up and realize it's okay!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12867 on: August 18, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »

I graduated college 29 yrs ago, and I often have dreams that I didn't write an essay or study for a big exam. It's always a relief to wake up and realize it's okay!

I also have one, whether its HS or college, about math class. I hated math, was terrible at it, and it literally made me cry at times since i just didn't get it. My dream involves me being in a class, but for some reason, never going, not intentionally, but then having to cram for a huge exam, and catch up on assignments, and its overwhelming.

PeterM

« Reply #12868 on: August 19, 2013, 03:21:14 AM »
I've had one really annoying recurring dream in my life, though thankfully not for a few years now.

I generally don't remember my dreams at all, so it's more just impressions than a real memory after I wake up, but I know that I found a book that I'm really, really eager to read. Sometimes it's an actual book I've been looking forward to, sometimes it's just a generic dream book that I know is going to be fantastic. When I open it and try to read, though, all I see are blank pages, because my subconscious clearly isn't willing to do the work of actually writing a fantastic book for my soon to be forgotten enjoyment. I feel crushing disappointment when I see the empty pages, because I realize it's a dream and I don't actually have the book at all.

Stupid subconscious.

Cherry91

« Reply #12869 on: August 19, 2013, 05:11:57 AM »
Anyone who tries to tell you your own mind, opinion or actions.

If you suggest possible reasons for something, that's fine, but I've encountered so many people who tell me that, for example, I'm only "claiming" to like something/have a certain opinion because I want to feel special or get attention. Or that you can't really feel the way you do about something because it "isn't that big a deal". And they state it as fact. Not opinion, fact.

I will very quickly get very irritated with people who do this. There's only one person who knows my mind, and that's me!