Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1311442 times)

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #12990 on: September 03, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
Just thought of another one.

People whinging over the new actor for the next Doctor on Doctor Who because he's an older man instead of young like Matt Smith.

I thought fans of Doctor Who were loyal to the DOCTOR, not his actor. Yes they can like the actor and enjoy anything he's in, but to cry that the next season will automatically be awful because the Doctor isn't young-looking should find something else to watch. (And then most of them end up liking the new actor once they see him in action.)

I'm sad to see Matt Smith go, but I understand he wants to move on. I don't know much about the new fellow who will be the 12th Doctor, but I happen to think he's quite an attractive looking gentleman!

EVERY actor brings their own spin to the Doctor. I will reserve judgement for after I've seen Twelve in action.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #12991 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
He's brilliant, The TARDIS. And easy on the eyes.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #12992 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »
Just thought of another one.

People whinging over the new actor for the next Doctor on Doctor Who because he's an older man instead of young like Matt Smith.

I thought fans of Doctor Who were loyal to the DOCTOR, not his actor. Yes they can like the actor and enjoy anything he's in, but to cry that the next season will automatically be awful because the Doctor isn't young-looking should find something else to watch. (And then most of them end up liking the new actor once they see him in action.)

I'm sad to see Matt Smith go, but I understand he wants to move on. I don't know much about the new fellow who will be the 12th Doctor, but I happen to think he's quite an attractive looking gentleman!

EVERY actor brings their own spin to the Doctor. I will reserve judgement for after I've seen Twelve in action.

Though I've never been a super huge fan, I've generally enjoyed when I have watched it in the past.  Out of curiosity I looked up the new Doctor and have to say, I think he will fill the role very well...kind of has that maniacal look thing going for him.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #12993 on: September 03, 2013, 11:27:44 PM »
^Yes to both. I think some men stay good looking as they age and he is one of those men. I think the series can go a bit darker with him vs silly and bouncy Eleven.

That doesn't mean I won't miss Eleven. Life goes on, and things change.

VIDEO IS A SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO REMAIN IN THE DARK ABOUT THE ACTOR TILL THE FIFTIETH.

A quick shot where the new actor introduces himself as the new Doctor. Those who wish to watch will see what I mean about why I think the show has the potential to go a little darker with him.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDGzzGRKukE

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

snowdragon

« Reply #12994 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »
my first world aggravation today: html.

It's driving me nuts. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #12995 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:05 AM »
Speaking of uniforms.  Last year we spent $10 for a gym uniform for my oldest child and it was too big on him but we figured well, it'll last him for all 3 years of middle school, it's worth it.

$10 for the whole gym uniform? Wow, that's a bargain! The ones at the local school cost at least twice that.

DS's old middle school changes the shirt and short color every year. When he started, it was a goldenrod shirt with the school logo and black shorts with the goldenrod logo on them. They have used blue, red, and this year it is green. I am so glad he is done buying PE clothes.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #12996 on: September 04, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
Last night, my family went to a market to buy a few things and get chair massages. While we each waited for each other to get finished, a woman wearing a lovely short dress was wandering about on her phone. From the front it was a dress, and from the back her skirt had tucked itself in, eh hmm. It was all I could do not to burst out in laughter, but I knew I would be embarrassed if that were me. However, I generally wear underclothes that prevent that sort of thing.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12997 on: September 04, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
Mr. Thipu goes to the gym several times a week.  That's a good thing.

On the way home, he brings back and eats two breakfast burritos from Mc. Donald's.  That is not a good thing. 

Cami

« Reply #12998 on: September 05, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »
My co-irker's hyper-competitiveness. (I may have posted about her previously.)  She has to turn EVERYTHING into a competition. And of course, she has to win.

Latest installment: Both her daughter and mine went off to college recently. I mentioned that on move-in day, one of dd's roommates showed up with a huge (and scrumptious-looking) platter of cookies, brownies and bars frm a local bakery and said how kind that was of her.  Co-Irker immediately says, "Well, MY daughter made brownies from scratch and then decorated the top with her roommates names in icing!"

Honestly. Just. Stop. It.

pwv

« Reply #12999 on: September 05, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »
This doesn't drive me completely up the wall, only part way:

when I am putting groceries in the fridge, I will open the door and give it a little push, put a couple items in, turn back to the counter to get more and when I step back to the fridge, the door has swung shut.  So I open the door, give a little push, etc. repeat.  However, when I want to take something out, I will open the fridge, give the door a little push, take out whatever and put it on the counter.  when I look at the door it is standing wide open.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13000 on: September 06, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »
My co-irker's hyper-competitiveness. (I may have posted about her previously.)  She has to turn EVERYTHING into a competition. And of course, she has to win.

Latest installment: Both her daughter and mine went off to college recently. I mentioned that on move-in day, one of dd's roommates showed up with a huge (and scrumptious-looking) platter of cookies, brownies and bars frm a local bakery and said how kind that was of her.  Co-Irker immediately says, "Well, MY daughter made brownies from scratch and then decorated the top with her roommates names in icing!"

Honestly. Just. Stop. It.

I didn't know Penelope from Saturday Night Live had taken on a second job. I often wondered where she hung out the rest of the week.

Psychopoesie

« Reply #13001 on: September 06, 2013, 03:21:54 AM »
Spending time shopping in a store but not finding out till I get to the register that their eftpos machine is down and only cash will do.

Happened today in small kitchenware shop at the mall. Shop assistant said the system had been down since the day before. A sign would nice - not like it had only just happened. Of course, this would be the time I had almost no cash in my purse, a full trolley already, and my bank's ATM was not close by.

Definitely a first world problem - still drives me up the wall.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13002 on: September 06, 2013, 06:27:17 AM »
Spending time shopping in a store but not finding out till I get to the register that their eftpos machine is down and only cash will do.

Happened today in small kitchenware shop at the mall. Shop assistant said the system had been down since the day before. A sign would nice - not like it had only just happened. Of course, this would be the time I had almost no cash in my purse, a full trolley already, and my bank's ATM was not close by.

Definitely a first world problem - still drives me up the wall.

I've been there before, myself, and it is annoying!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Shalamar

« Reply #13003 on: September 06, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
When I'm the only person in a large bathroom, and I'm in the last stall on the end, and someone comes in and stands in front of my stall, obviously dismayed that I'm using "their" stall - then gets into the stall right next to me. 

lilfox

« Reply #13004 on: September 06, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »
It's now 10:30 am, I'm looking at the traffic map of our area, and the section I cannot avoid driving on is still stop and go for at least 5 miles while every other section has cleared up.  I've been waiting out the traffic for 2 hours now!