Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1299422 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13110 on: September 12, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Ugh, another thunderstorm missed us. :P I love thunderstorms but the mountains often will break them up and send them right past us. :P
Didn't miss us...I had to return a rental car and just as I got on the road, the sky opened up and Niagara Falls descended.  Lightning cracking right overhead.  It was interesting, to say the least.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13111 on: September 12, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
Ugh, another thunderstorm missed us. :P I love thunderstorms but the mountains often will break them up and send them right past us. :P

For some reason, our area gets that too.  We love the summer when we can turn off the lights in the evening and enjoy nature's Son et Lumiere show.  This year we've had plenty of 'Son' but precious little 'Lumiere'. 

andi

« Reply #13112 on: September 12, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »
When the perception of clothing colors change due to the light. Two days in a row.

And I end up discovering my socks don't match, just at the moment it's too late to go back and change them!

That happened to me.  It's really embarrassing when you take off shoes at airport security and realize one sock is red and the other is hot pink.

Even better when your chiropractor starts laughing at you in the middle of an adjustment - one blue sock, one black worn all day at work

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13113 on: September 12, 2013, 08:57:30 PM »

For some reason, our area gets that too.  We love the summer when we can turn off the lights in the evening and enjoy nature's Son et Lumiere show.  This year we've had plenty of 'Son' but precious little 'Lumiere'.

Someone who's lived in this area since before I was born once mentioned that once upon a time farmers thought the government was using some sort of weather technology to break up the storms so rain wouldn't reach their farms.

As this woman put it "Apparently no one explained to them the effect a mountain range or two can have on a storm system.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13114 on: September 13, 2013, 01:02:02 AM »
My best friend and I were at the mall movie theatre tonight. We agreed he'd put his leftover restaurant meal in the car while I bought the tickets. I said at the ticket booth "Two tickets for the One Direction movie, please." The cashier looked behind me and asked "Who else is with you ?"  ??? I was baffled by that, so I blurted out "He's out in the car. He's an adult, too." I know I look younger than my age, but dang, it wasn't an R or X movie  :o

We picked seats at the very top row, since the show was empty. Then during the commercials, some theatre employee walked up to our row with two broom handles, crouched a little + craned his neck like he was looking for hidden people and walked away with "Okay, enjoy the movie. Have a good evening." I'm not sure if they had issues with teens sneaking friends in or it was something else.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:06:12 AM by TeamBhakta »

EmmaJ.

« Reply #13115 on: September 13, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
When the perception of clothing colors change due to the light. Two days in a row.

And I end up discovering my socks don't match, just at the moment it's too late to go back and change them!

That happened to me.  It's really embarrassing when you take off shoes at airport security and realize one sock is red and the other is hot pink.

Even better when your chiropractor starts laughing at you in the middle of an adjustment - one blue sock, one black worn all day at work

As someone who is definitely not a morning person and likes to get dressed in dim light because dagnabbit I really want to be back in bed, I can totally rock the "I meant to do that" attitude when I get to work and find I've once again worn mismatched clothes, shoes, and/or socks. 

;D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13116 on: September 13, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »
Oh I do that all the time, usually because I cannot find the matching sock and just say "to heck with it, their purpose is to keep the feet warm and they don't have to match to do that!"

Speaking of socks, I love fuzzy socks but hate that they don't last very long.  They always end up unraveling. :P

And unrelated, my neighbor's truck. In all fairness it annoys her too but this thing creaks very loudly anytime she turns the wheel.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #13117 on: September 13, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »

As someone who is definitely not a morning person and likes to get dressed in dim light because dagnabbit I really want to be back in bed, I can totally rock the "I meant to do that" attitude when I get to work and find I've once again worn mismatched clothes, shoes, and/or socks. 

;D

The only time I couldn't pull it off was when I got to work and realized my sweater was on.  Inside out. I hang them on the hangers inside out so I don't get the "bumps" in the shoulders that hangers cause when something hangs for awhile - guess I forgot to turn it right side out that morning.  I am such a dork. ::)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13118 on: September 13, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »
During my honors college orientation last week, the student who sat next to me had her shirt inside out. We never spoke, so I didn't have a chance to tell her.

andi

« Reply #13119 on: September 13, 2013, 03:23:29 PM »
I've done backwards on sweaters and dresses, worse it backwards and inside out

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13120 on: September 13, 2013, 03:24:36 PM »
I was reading a book about healthy living and in the losing weight chapter they said "set realistic goals" and went on to describe ideal weights.  The book said a 5'5 woman of average build should weigh 120 lbs.  That seems pretty unrealistic to me.  I am just under 5'5 and I get told I look too thin if I weigh under 125.

Seriously? I'm that height, and I would have on the larger end of "average build" but the last time I weighed that, I think, was pre-puberty. I'm currently doing WW and the "range" for that height is 120-150.

Snooks

« Reply #13121 on: September 13, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
People with sock issues - long ago I started wearing socks which could easily be identified as pairs.  I've heard them referred to as secret socks because they look like black socks when you've got shoes on but the toe and heel are colours.  My life is a lot happier now.

nuit93

« Reply #13122 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
I was reading a book about healthy living and in the losing weight chapter they said "set realistic goals" and went on to describe ideal weights.  The book said a 5'5 woman of average build should weigh 120 lbs.  That seems pretty unrealistic to me.  I am just under 5'5 and I get told I look too thin if I weigh under 125.

Seriously? I'm that height, and I would have on the larger end of "average build" but the last time I weighed that, I think, was pre-puberty. I'm currently doing WW and the "range" for that height is 120-150.

I'm around 5'5"-5'6" and that's considered the 'ideal' range for my height and build, unless I took up competitive weight-lifting which would give me an extra 15-20 lbs to remain ideal.  I could *possibly* safely go down as small as 110 but since I carry most of my weight in the hips/thighs, going below 120 tends to make me look too skinny in the face.

Right now I'm still a good 30-40lbs above the high end of my ideal though. *sigh*

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13123 on: September 13, 2013, 07:45:48 PM »

I'm around 5'5"-5'6" and that's considered the 'ideal' range for my height and build, unless I took up competitive weight-lifting which would give me an extra 15-20 lbs to remain ideal.  I could *possibly* safely go down as small as 110 but since I carry most of my weight in the hips/thighs, going below 120 tends to make me look too skinny in the face.

Right now I'm still a good 30-40lbs above the high end of my ideal though. *sigh*

I'm 5'2" and 120 is lower than I'm really comfortable with being.

lilfox

« Reply #13124 on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »

I'd say that's unrealistic too.  I'm 5'4" and 120 lbs is low- to average for that height for an average build and decent muscle tone (from my personal experience that's a US size 4, aka "Small").  For 5'5" a goal weight of 120 lbs wouldn't allow for any added weight due to muscle tone from working out, which I'd say is a component for healthy living.

As for things driving me crazy - pressure from ILs to drive 6.5 hours to see them for an upcoming holiday.  Ordinarily I'd be up for it, but I'll be 36 wks pregnant at that point (which they fully know), and even now I get very uncomfortable sitting in a chair for longer than an hour.  Being trapped in a car all day would be awful.