Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1829775 times)

Carotte

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13155 on: September 16, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »
Good for you!
And who would have known the two dresses came from different stores anyway? or carred for all that matter?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13156 on: September 16, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »
This is a personal opinion, but people who roll their briefcases into the bathroom stall with them at my work. I don't get squicked out easily, but that does it.  :-X

Hillia

« Reply #13157 on: September 16, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
This is a personal opinion, but people who roll their briefcases into the bathroom stall with them at my work. I don't get squicked out easily, but that does it.  :-X

In my company it would be a termination offense if my laptop were stolen due to my negligence, so you betcha my case goes everywhere with me.  I wouldn't leave a briefcase which potentially contains confidential or important information outside my immediate control, either.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13158 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Good for you!
And who would have known the two dresses came from different stores anyway? or carred for all that matter?

I agree, would anyone have really noticed or cared besides your mother?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13159 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:56 AM »

In my company it would be a termination offense if my laptop were stolen due to my negligence, so you betcha my case goes everywhere with me.  I wouldn't leave a briefcase which potentially contains confidential or important information outside my immediate control, either.

Totally reasonable, its just a pet peeve of mine. I understand why you would have to if traveling.

Also, our bathroom floors at work are rarely cleaned, so that may be on a case by case basis.

Cami

« Reply #13160 on: September 16, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
Good for you!

Precisely no one! Not one person asked my anything about where I bought my dress.  Nor did anyone ask my mother where she bought hers. (She did end up getting it from Borgias after going in with a friend, but only after causing a scene. Turns out that once my mother caused a scene they were able to find her gown.)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #13161 on: September 16, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
Good for you!

Precisely no one! Not one person asked my anything about where I bought my dress.  Nor did anyone ask my mother where she bought hers. (She did end up getting it from [n]Borgias[/n] after going in with a friend, but only after causing a scene. Turns out that once my mother caused a scene they were able to find her gown.)

The store name seems so appropriate, somehow.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13162 on: September 16, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Cami

« Reply #13163 on: September 16, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »
Good for you!

Precisely no one! Not one person asked my anything about where I bought my dress.  Nor did anyone ask my mother where she bought hers. (She did end up getting it from [n]Borgias[/n] after going in with a friend, but only after causing a scene. Turns out that once my mother caused a scene they were able to find her gown.)

The store name seems so appropriate, somehow.
I know, right?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13164 on: September 19, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »
Food monopolizers at work. We have one employee (Y) that must be first in line for any type of gathering containing food. So much so that Y will hover over the other employees putting the food out and warming things up and actually stand in the way of those working.

Any suggestions on getting Y to back off? It has only gotten worse over 7 years.

Missy2U

• Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #13165 on: September 19, 2013, 01:30:54 PM »
Food monopolizers at work. We have one employee (Y) that must be first in line for any type of gathering containing food. So much so that Y will hover over the other employees putting the food out and warming things up and actually stand in the way of those working.

Any suggestions on getting Y to back off? It has only gotten worse over 7 years.

High voltage shock collar?  ;)

I've had to deal with people like that as well - I would usually ask the culprit (if I was the organizer) to please move back so people have room to work - there's plenty for everyone (with a big smile on my face.)

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #13166 on: September 19, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »

I would say, "Stop hanging around! You're in the way; I promise, you will get something to eat."

Snarky!Cabbage would have said, "I've seen animals beg less than you do. Shoo!" Luckily, she doesn't get out much unless she's with family.

Vita brevis, ars longa

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13167 on: September 19, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »
The one positive is that Y used to make two plates, one for her, and one for her husband before everyone had a turn in line. She doesn't do that anymore.  >:D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13168 on: September 19, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »

High voltage shock collar?  ;)

I was going to suggest a cattle prod.

Shalamar

« Reply #13169 on: September 19, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »
one for her, and one for her husband

Whaaat?  I'm guessing her husband didn't work for your company; how on earth did she get away with that?

I work with a Food Monopolizer, too.   A group of us went out for lunch at a buffet place a few years ago, and one of the items in the buffet was pizza.  They were temporarily out of pizza when we arrived, and oh boy, you would've thought the world was ending.  He badgered the poor waitress - where was the pizza?  When were they getting more?  When more was placed in the buffet, he nearly knocked three people over to get to it first.