Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1556855 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13230 on: September 24, 2013, 01:12:20 PM »
Ah. I guess that makes sense, but I just never thought it was all that shiny.  Maybe when it first goes on but once it dries it doesn't seem terribly shiny.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #13231 on: September 24, 2013, 01:20:43 PM »
I tend to agree with you, but apparently we're in the minority.  My guess is that the employees are instructed to tell the customers that it's shiny in an effort to reduce the number of returns.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13232 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
That's probably true.  And usually once I say "It's okay, I know what to expect", they back down.   Some say "But it's really, REALLY shiny."

I think I need to start saying "I'd like semi-gloss, and yes, I know it's shiny, I like shiny things, I'm part squirrel."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #13233 on: September 24, 2013, 02:08:49 PM »

I think I need to start saying "I'd like semi-gloss, and yes, I know it's shiny, I like shiny things, I'm part squirrel."

Now that made me giggle. :)
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13234 on: September 24, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »
Good!  Now hopefully it will work to get them to stop warning me about the super shiny semi-gloss.  If not I may have to resort to acting like a squirrel.

mmswm

« Reply #13235 on: September 24, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
Wait!  I have an idea!  You can go in and act like a squirrel, and I can go with you and say I'm a cat.  Then we can chase each other through the store while the employees shake their heads in dismay.

Sorry, it's been a long day.  Now I've just gotten silly.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13236 on: September 24, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »
Wait!  I have an idea!  You can go in and act like a squirrel, and I can go with you and say I'm a cat.  Then we can chase each other through the store while the employees shake their heads in dismay.

Sorry, it's been a long day.  Now I've just gotten silly.

LOL! Hey nothing wrong with some levity!

Snooks

« Reply #13237 on: September 24, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
This line from an article about stars who never got married  ::)

"Cameron Diaz seems to always be dating someone, but she's never been married."
http://www.newser.com/story/174605/7-stars-who-never-got-married.html

Ugh, that makes me pissy, too.

Something that bothers me, even though it's none of my business, is people who feed (or overfeed) their pets human food. I knew someone who would cook hot dogs with cheese every night for their little rat dog, who was so fat he was more than double the weight of a dog his size. Or order cheeseburgers for their dog at the fast food place. Or people who let their cats up on the table and eat from their dinner plate while their eating. Pets shouldn't eat people food!

That makes me nuts too.  I once knew this really fat dachsund mix who frequently got fed people food and the poor thing was terribly overweight.  I mean I'm amazed she lasted as long as she did, as she was already an older dog when I met her but she lived for about 4 years more, I think. 

One of our cats would eat people food if we let him.  Which we don't. Well most of us, that is.  The littlest one will drop food from his seat for the kitty but we try to get it before he can eat it.  Though in all truth most times he just takes a lick or two and he's done.

One of our old cats tried to eat a pie crust.  Ice cream and cereal milk were his real vices though, he never learnt how to eat them without clinking the spoon so he always got caught.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13238 on: September 24, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
We try to keep people food from our male cat though, as his *ahem* business smells bad enough as it is when he eats food that IS meant for his consumption.

Cherry91

« Reply #13239 on: September 26, 2013, 06:41:56 AM »
One of our cats is a rescue cat who spent at least a good few weeks scavenging for food before he was found and brought into a good home.

As a result of this, he now has a love of bread products. He once tried to steal a whole croissant, which at the time was almost bigger than he was...

cwm

« Reply #13240 on: September 26, 2013, 11:13:52 AM »
I knew a dog at my last job, horribly overweight. Beagle with its stomach on the floor, sort of overweight. Wife refused to believe anything was wrong, despite what groomers and vets said to her. When she passed, husband took care of the dog and himself. He said he just started to ignore the dog begging for scraps, stopped free feeding him (which he had wanted to do before, but his wife always put the food back out for her poor starving baby), and got him on weight loss food, the dog's weight started just falling off. Man also walked the dog on a regular basis. Slowly, yes, but got them both out walking.

I miss that man and his dog. He was fun. But I remember his wife one day, feeding the dog five of the large treats we had out (free for dogs that came in, but usually most people limited it to one treat). "Well, look at how sad he is. He must be starving, he's crying out." Yes, ma'am, your dog is whining because he's got you trained. And she went from our area to the registers and got him another handful of treats. Ugh.

Another thing? I mentioned it over in the little hugs thread, but I've got this eye twitch. It's driving me absolutely crazy. It's just enough that it's not absoultey constant, so I get lulled into a false sense of security in thinking it might be gone. Then *twitch twitch twitch*.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13241 on: September 26, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
cmw,
When I start  getting crazy eye twitches or leg cramps,  my potassium levels are too  low.  This had been confirmed by blood work and my doctor.

It may not be what's causing yours, but if it's bothering maybe you should ask your doctor about it.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Cami

« Reply #13242 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

Another thing? I mentioned it over in the little hugs thread, but I've got this eye twitch. It's driving me absolutely crazy. It's just enough that it's not absoultey constant, so I get lulled into a false sense of security in thinking it might be gone. Then *twitch twitch twitch*.
I refer to my eye twitches as "the canary in the Mine of Stress." In other words, I get them when I am highly stressed.  Often, I don't realize that I am under a lot of stress until my eye twitches. My doctor says that I am not unusual in that the vast majority of eye twitches are a result of stress.

Hillia

« Reply #13243 on: September 26, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
Once, when I was really, really stressed, I raised my eyebrows and had a muscle spasm that kept them stuck that way for a good 5 minutes.  So yes, your mom was right when she said, 'Your face will freeze that way!'

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13244 on: September 26, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
I have muscle spasms near my eyes often, usually during high stress periods. I had one in my elbow today in class!

I am tired of papillomas growing on my eye lids! I just had them removed in two sessions this past July, and now I have three more!