Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1638369 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13275 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
Someone at the corporate office has clearly never been to Florida in September. Because our store was running on heat instead of AC today.  :o We were all hot, thirsty and miserable
This is one thing that not only drives me mad, but defies all logic.
Honestly.
In a country like the US, which is so geographically and meteorologically diverse, what the hell is the point of having climate controls at any place other than the site experiencing the climate?
It may not be corporate that has the actual climate controls, but corporate policy.  "Heat to all buildings will be turned on September 30th and turned off April 18."  Never mind that it's silly to have the heat on in Florida in September and still freezing at night in Montana in April.   

There used to be a Catholic girls' school in Hawaii which must have had their uniform choices made in Boston.  Long-sleeved white blouses, WOOL blazers, and WOOL skirts to mid-calf.  A high-school friend who had gone there said that girls nearly passing out from the heat was not uncommon, and that when a girl did so, she was scolded by the nuns for not keeping her mind on her schoolwork. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13276 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »
Every once in a great while I run into super crazy older lady.  She randomly yells at me for my shopping purchases, what I wear, how my hair is done, makeup or lack of, just weird things she fixates on.  FTR, I don't actually know this woman, but seem to frequent places she also shops.

Her most recent outrage are my fake nails...except, I do not wear fake nails.  The only thing I can think is that since I'm very fair skinned and have quite thick nails, my nail beds appear very pink and the tips are very white, she's got it into her head that I'm putting on the pink and whites.  I don't even polish them that much because my nails are terrible at just peeling polish off.

I try to avoid her when I can, but she's a stealthy ninja old lady.  A few CWs that live and shop near me have also had run ins with her, so I'm not special in that regard.   ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13277 on: October 01, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
My youngest seems to have lost the memo that he's not 2 yet.  Note to self, make sure he gets another copy of that memo.

He's started waking up around the time I set my alarm in the mornings so what was 15 minutes of blessed peace before any of the kids woke up, is now me blearily trying to get the coffee started while he runs circles around me.

It's a good thing he's so blasted adorable.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13278 on: October 01, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
Missing a package delivery from FedEx Smartpost.  I have to stay home today to wait for another package so I can't leave the house until after their normal time in this area and the post office -- which has the package I missed -- always leaves its phone off the hook.  Which means that I will have to walk over there tomorrow morning.

Arrrrrrgh!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13279 on: October 01, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
My youngest seems to have lost the memo that he's not 2 yet.  Note to self, make sure he gets another copy of that memo.

He's started waking up around the time I set my alarm in the mornings so what was 15 minutes of blessed peace before any of the kids woke up, is now me blearily trying to get the coffee started while he runs circles around me.

We laugh that this is the only reason the yougest made it to 4 years.

By the way: he's 42 now and runs marithons and finishes triathons.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13280 on: October 01, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »
Someone at the corporate office has clearly never been to Florida in September. Because our store was running on heat instead of AC today.  :o We were all hot, thirsty and miserable
Honestly.
In a country like the US, which is so geographically and meteorologically diverse, what the hell is the point of having climate controls at any place other than the site experiencing the climate?
It may not be corporate that has the actual climate controls, but corporate policy.  "Heat to all buildings will be turned on September 30th and turned off April 18."  Never mind that it's silly to have the heat on in Florida in September and still freezing at night in Montana in April.   

Like the decree from MY store's corporate headquarter that as of the day after Labor Day, no more sandals, and "seasonal" attire aka fall, is required. Never mind in NJ the temp can swing back and forth between 50-80-something. I get they want us to look professional, but as someone who swelters all year round, I simply cannot wear long sleeves etc. when it still hot.  So far, so good, but tomorrow will be about 85, or so they say. But I still have to wear suitable clothes.

UGH. even in short sleeves i'll be roasting.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13281 on: October 01, 2013, 07:00:03 PM »

People who DO NOT UNDERSTAND that TYPING IN ALL CAPS  may look like emphasis, but to the civilized internet IT IS YELLING! YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!
>>hobish runs screaming into the night, having finally done lost her marbles<<
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13282 on: October 01, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »
Honestly.

Like the decree from MY store's corporate headquarter that as of the day after Labor Day, no more sandals, and "seasonal" attire aka fall, is required. Never mind in NJ the temp can swing back and forth between 50-80-something. I get they want us to look professional, but as someone who swelters all year round, I simply cannot wear long sleeves etc. when it still hot.  So far, so good, but tomorrow will be about 85, or so they say. But I still have to wear suitable clothes.

UGH. even in short sleeves i'll be roasting.

I feel your pain. I love this time of year in NJ, but the temperature swings are nutty.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13283 on: October 01, 2013, 07:49:22 PM »

People who DO NOT UNDERSTAND that TYPING IN ALL CAPS  may look like emphasis, but to the civilized internet IT IS YELLING! YELLING YELLING YELLING YELLING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

Well, I should certainly hope so! Here is a nice warm cup of broth and few crackers. Then, you may have a fudge bar afterwards if you feel up to it. DECIDE NOW! (Oops.  :) )

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13284 on: October 01, 2013, 07:51:35 PM »

Well, I should certainly hope so! Here is a nice warm cup of broth and few crackers. Then, you may have a fudge bar afterwards if you feel up to it. DECIDE NOW! (Oops.  :) )

Heeheehehehe...I really did giggle out loud. It is a little thing, after all :)
~Gaslight Anthem

mmswm

« Reply #13285 on: October 01, 2013, 07:56:25 PM »

It's how nature ensures that human mothers don't eat their young.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13286 on: October 01, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »

It's how nature ensures that human mothers don't eat their young.

You need to stop reading my mind, it's getting spooky. ;)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Tea Drinker

« Reply #13287 on: October 01, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »

Nor do they understand that if they emphasize an entire message, that doesn't tell me "this is all very important," it means they have no idea of how to use emphasis. (If someone puts one word in an entire message in all caps, it doesn't bother me, but the all caps squad never seems to.)
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #13288 on: October 01, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »

Nor do they understand that if they emphasize an entire message, that doesn't tell me "this is all very important," it means they have no idea of how to use emphasis. (If someone puts one word in an entire message in all caps, it doesn't bother me, but the all caps squad never seems to.)

A former assistant manager where I work likes to send e-mails in all caps. That is bad enough, but she also makes sure to turn her font pink. I told her that it is really unprofessional, but she didn't seem to care.  :-\

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13289 on: October 01, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »
LIKE THIS????????? On white?
Oh, my gracious.