Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1619189 times)

mmswm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13290 on: October 01, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
It's a good thing he's so blasted adorable.

It's how nature ensures that human mothers don't eat their young.

You need to stop reading my mind, it's getting spooky. ;)

Growing more convinced daily that we really are sisters.  Maybe even twins separated at birth.  Or something.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13291 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
Which one of us is the evil twin?  >:D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13292 on: October 01, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »

Do I get to vote?  >:D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13293 on: October 01, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »
I'm almost afraid to open up the voting! LOL!!!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13294 on: October 01, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »
I'm almost afraid to open up the voting! LOL!!!
Wise woman.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #13295 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:10 PM »
LIKE THIS????????? On white?
Oh, my gracious.

Yup. She wrote an e-mail to the DISTRICT MANAGER like that.

mmswm

« Reply #13296 on: October 02, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »

Ohhh.  Tough call.  And yeah, I'm afraid to open up to a general vote on this one.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13297 on: October 02, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
Tiny little minor thing, and I'm just going bonkers because of it!  I'm unemployed and job searching full time.  I have my resume and references in a Word doc that I can upload or copy paste where needed.  Many of the applications that I'm filling out online are requiring me to write out my exact work and education experience, plus references, in addition to uploading copies of my resume, references and cover letter.  Why do they need the same information multiple times?!  One online application took me almost an hour to fill out because I had to fill in each area by separately, instead of just uploading my resume.  ARGH! 

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #13298 on: October 02, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
It makes it easier for the software to scan through and sort the applications. Then, after the software selects a certain number, a real person will read the cover letters, resumes, call references, etc.

Very annoying for the applicant, though.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #13299 on: October 02, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »
Tiny little minor thing, and I'm just going bonkers because of it!  I'm unemployed and job searching full time.  I have my resume and references in a Word doc that I can upload or copy paste where needed.  Many of the applications that I'm filling out online are requiring me to write out my exact work and education experience, plus references, in addition to uploading copies of my resume, references and cover letter.  Why do they need the same information multiple times?!  One online application took me almost an hour to fill out because I had to fill in each area by separately, instead of just uploading my resume.  ARGH!

Oh, I always hated that when I was doing the same thing.  I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it's such a pain.  The worst was one application that wouldn't even allow me to paste for some reason.  So instead of copying and pasting from my documents I had to type everything out over and over again.  ::)

Good luck on your search!
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

audhs

« Reply #13300 on: October 02, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
Right now I'm looking for a white sleeveless top for my 8 year old DD to wear under a pretty sweater for family pictures. The thing that's driving me up the wall is that all the ones I've found have a built in shelf bra. She's an average sized 8 year old, and like the average 8 year old has no need for extra support in this area.

The same shirt in the same stores sized for my 6 year old don't have them.

Betelnut

« Reply #13301 on: October 02, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
Thank you cat for throwing up on the carpet that was cleaned professionally just last week AND making sure that you also hit the vent on the floor.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

mmswm

« Reply #13302 on: October 02, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »
Girl drama.  I hate girl drama. 

Most of my friends are men. I'm pretty sure the lack of drama is the reason for that.

Cherry91

« Reply #13303 on: October 02, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »

I'm job hunting at the moment as well (I'm temping while I look for something more permanent) and the thing that I hate is when jobs list themselves as entry level (which at least in the UK is supposed to mean little to no experience needed, although you might need a degree), and then you open them up and they have little details like "two years of experience wanted". One job even required you to already have your own list of exclusive contacts (it was for a fashion magazine). Yeah, because that's the kind of thing all students pick up at uni?

Tia2

« Reply #13304 on: October 02, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »

I'm job hunting at the moment as well (I'm temping while I look for something more permanent) and the thing that I hate is when jobs list themselves as entry level (which at least in the UK is supposed to mean little to no experience needed, although you might need a degree), and then you open them up and they have little details like "two years of experience wanted". One job even required you to already have your own list of exclusive contacts (it was for a fashion magazine). Yeah, because that's the kind of thing all students pick up at uni?

My guess is that someone's kid is getting the job (either a current employee or someone fairly well known in the industry) and they are trying to avoid any claims of gender/race discrimination.  My company got caught out like that.  The last 2/3 jobs with a future went to relatives of the owners (all white) and they ended up in trouble with a professional body for not complying with diversity requirements