Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1696346 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13305 on: October 02, 2013, 08:12:39 PM »
LIKE THIS? ??? ??? ?? On white?
Oh, my gracious.

Yup. She wrote an e-mail to the DISTRICT MANAGER like that.
Tell her that PURPLE is easier to read.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

diesel_darlin

« Reply #13306 on: October 02, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »
 ;D

turtleIScream

« Reply #13307 on: October 02, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
We just got new neighbors; they seem nice enough and I hope maybe we can build a friendship.
But... they are doing some major rehab on the house, which is disturbing the mice that had taken up residence next door. Said mice are now seeking new shelter. Which means, we now have mice. Eeew, Eeew, Eeew!

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #13308 on: October 02, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
Driving me up the wall like it's the Indy 500: Even if I am simply standing in my room with no air blowing, somehow my hair manages to knot in on itself. My hair is super long, so it takes forever to brush anyway, and this makes it even more annoying!

Anybody have tips for keeping knots out of one's hair (other than brushing it because I already brush and/or comb it, depending on the mood)? I have really thick and curly hair. If my hair played nice, I could just throw on a t-shirt and leggings and go to an 80's party. If I shaved my head, I could keep three Chihuahuas warm. You get the idea. Any tips would be much appreciated so I can make my hair behave and not drive me crazy.  :)

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

dawnfire

« Reply #13309 on: October 02, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Someone at the corporate office has clearly never been to Florida in September. Because our store was running on heat instead of AC today.  :o We were all hot, thirsty and miserable
This is one thing that not only drives me mad, but defies all logic.
Honestly.
In a country like the US, which is so geographically and meteorologically diverse, what the hell is the point of having climate controls at any place other than the site experiencing the climate?
I've never heard of a company trying to do something like that in Australia, because they'd probably face company-wide strikes if they did it in Melbourne alone - it can actually vary up to 10 degrees Celsius (about, what, 20-30f?) from suburb to suburb thanks to the topography of the city and the fact that it's at the bottom of a mountain range as well as spread out along the coast of a bay.

not to mention Melbourne is famous for it's changeable weather. we joke if you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes.

snowdragon

« Reply #13310 on: October 02, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
People who butt into my conversations at restaurant. I am not talking about others at the table, but someone walking past and hearing the waiter say "That's my favourite" and stopping to tell the waiter "Dude no one cares what you like, just bring their food"
  I know the owner of the place, they were not the owner...just another customer. And I *asked* the waiter, who is a kid who I have known for over 15 years - he's my nephew's best friend, for an opinion.
  Not your  conversation, stay out of it

Cherry91

« Reply #13311 on: October 03, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »
Ugh, I could talk for a very long time about "bus idiots" that special brand of special snowflakes encountered while on my main form of public transport.

Special mentions:
  • The man who didn't have money on his pass and started demanding to be let on because "he had to get to work", conveniently ignoring all the people ALSO trying to get to work being held up while he argued with the driver
  • The woman who watched me get up to let the person next to me get off the bus, saw pretty darn clearly that I was not leaving the vehicle, and then sat down in my seat! I let it go because I was already in a bad mood and didn't want to risk saying something VERY eHell unapproved
  • The woman yesterday who tried to join a queue to get on the bus from the side and when I didn't let her shove in front of me, rammed into my foot with her pushchair.

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #13312 on: October 03, 2013, 09:52:21 AM »
My washing machine is on the blink so I called the repair cover people. The woman to whom I spoke was helpful and I've an appointment with the engineer now, but she didn't seem to know the word 'yes'. Every time I spoke, her response was 'okey-dokey'. The first line of my address? Okey-dokey. My postcode? Okey-dokey. My insurance reference? Okey-dokey. The model number? Okey-dokey. The serial number? Okey-dokey. The problem? Okey-dokey. What day would I like? Okey-dokey.

I know it's harmless, but she must have said it 40 times in a ten minute conversation and somehow it was just fingernails on the blackboard. I could feel my shoulders getting higher and higher with irritation.

Still #breathes deeply# the repairman is coming next Thursday. Okey-dokey.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #13313 on: October 03, 2013, 10:01:25 AM »
Tiny little minor thing, and I'm just going bonkers because of it!  I'm unemployed and job searching full time.  I have my resume and references in a Word doc that I can upload or copy paste where needed.  Many of the applications that I'm filling out online are requiring me to write out my exact work and education experience, plus references, in addition to uploading copies of my resume, references and cover letter.  Why do they need the same information multiple times?!  One online application took me almost an hour to fill out because I had to fill in each area by separately, instead of just uploading my resume.  ARGH!

I'm job hunting at the moment as well (I'm temping while I look for something more permanent) and the thing that I hate is when jobs list themselves as entry level (which at least in the UK is supposed to mean little to no experience needed, although you might need a degree), and then you open them up and they have little details like "two years of experience wanted". One job even required you to already have your own list of exclusive contacts (it was for a fashion magazine). Yeah, because that's the kind of thing all students pick up at uni?

I suppose they're trying to say "We want you to be experienced and high level, while we pay you entry level wages". Without, you know, saying it.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Shalamar

« Reply #13314 on: October 03, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »
Okey-dokey.

I'm getting Office Space flashbacks with that "JUST a moment!" girl.  *shudder*

I used to work with someone who said "Mm-hmm" every other sentence while he was on the phone, so all I could hear was "Mm-hmm .... mm-hmm ... mm-hmm".    I recently found out that I probably have some form of misophonia, which is probably why that bothered me so much.

nuit93

« Reply #13315 on: October 03, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »
My washing machine is on the blink so I called the repair cover people. The woman to whom I spoke was helpful and I've an appointment with the engineer now, but she didn't seem to know the word 'yes'. Every time I spoke, her response was 'okey-dokey'. The first line of my address? Okey-dokey. My postcode? Okey-dokey. My insurance reference? Okey-dokey. The model number? Okey-dokey. The serial number? Okey-dokey. The problem? Okey-dokey. What day would I like? Okey-dokey.

I know it's harmless, but she must have said it 40 times in a ten minute conversation and somehow it was just fingernails on the blackboard. I could feel my shoulders getting higher and higher with irritation.

Still #breathes deeply# the repairman is coming next Thursday. Okey-dokey.

My pre-calc teacher in high school was the exact same way.

I can't tell you anything about pre-calculus now, but I remember that.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #13316 on: October 03, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »
Apparently I say "okay?" Constantly while teaching.  At one point students were echoing me and laughing  :-[

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13317 on: October 03, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
Along the lines of the annoying news interruptions during normal programming. But not worthy of its own thread.  Why must so many channels a. place their logo on the screen at all times, or b. flash something for an upcoming show, special, or what have you? Especially when the show you're watching may have subtitles, such as showing who someone is, or something like that. And whatever the station is flashing covers up what you're trying to see!

I know I'm watching Discovery or whatever channel it may be, you don't need to remind of it all the time!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #13318 on: October 03, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
Driving me up the wall like it's the Indy 500: Even if I am simply standing in my room with no air blowing, somehow my hair manages to knot in on itself. My hair is super long, so it takes forever to brush anyway, and this makes it even more annoying!

Anybody have tips for keeping knots out of one's hair (other than brushing it because I already brush and/or comb it, depending on the mood)? I have really thick and curly hair. If my hair played nice, I could just throw on a t-shirt and leggings and go to an 80's party. If I shaved my head, I could keep three Chihuahuas warm. You get the idea. Any tips would be much appreciated so I can make my hair behave and not drive me crazy.  :)

I'll PM you.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13319 on: October 03, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
Children's shampoos that claim to be tear free.  I'm looking at you, Burt's Bees!  My 23 month old begs to differ.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata