Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1550589 times)

TeamBhakta

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13335 on: October 04, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
I was wandering around the toy section of a store. A woman said to me, "Excuse me, where can I find the dress up cowboy hats for kids ?" I said "Oh, I don't work here. I'm sorry." She said to me very pointedly (like I'd answered a teacher wrong ???), "I know you don't work here, but I saw you wandering around and figured you saw where it was *looks at me like 'Okay, now your turn again. Really, cough up the answer I want'*" I just walked off at that point.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13336 on: October 04, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
I was wandering around the toy section of a store. A woman said to me, "Excuse me, where can I find the dress up cowboy hats for kids ?" I said "Oh, I don't work here. I'm sorry." She said to me very pointedly (like I'd answered a teacher wrong ???), "I know you don't work here, but I saw you wandering around and figured you saw where it was *looks at me like 'Okay, now your turn again. Really, cough up the answer I want'*" I just walked off at that point.

This is where EvilTraska says "Ah, gotcha.  They're in aisle [all the way across the store]"

diesel_darlin

« Reply #13337 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »
BarensMom, I wondered the same thing. Curious Party, I think I love you.  ;D

CuriousParty

« Reply #13338 on: October 04, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »

Awww shucks.  I just love me a good research challenge :)

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #13339 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:39 PM »
Stinkbugs...they.are.everywhere!  They are not graceful flyers and I had one decide to take flight in the middle of the night, whacking himself loudly several times against my dining room hanging light with the glass shade.  It got the cats awake, thus waking me up.  I get about 10 out of the house a week now.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #13340 on: October 04, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »
Stinkbugs...they.are.everywhere!  They are not graceful flyers and I had one decide to take flight in the middle of the night, whacking himself loudly several times against my dining room hanging light with the glass shade.  It got the cats awake, thus waking me up.  I get about 10 out of the house a week now.

Ugh, you too?  They're all over the place.  The cat keeps going nuts and some days I look up and the ceiling makes me think of a very weird Hitchcock movie.  Creepy little things.
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13341 on: October 04, 2013, 11:53:27 PM »
Wonderful. So that's what you all are sending to us next?

We are still dealing with the Japanese beetles in bags and soap spray, have the Asian ladybugs almost under control, and now we got more infestation coming?

Thanks a lot, friends.

If someone is NE Iowa, we are just a hundred miles SE of you. Fair warning: we don't need stinkbugs! The Japanese beetles smell bad enough - I hate to think what a bag of your little brown varmits smell like! I squished one once, so I remember!

Yup. Beetles drive me up the wall.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #13342 on: October 05, 2013, 12:28:07 AM »
Stinkbugs smell AWFUL and the stench lingers for what seems like an eternity.  If they die a natural death, no stink, but, if say a cat finds one, when you have lost power due to a horrific thunderstorm (3 1/2 days without power!), and said cat then commits murder on the bug..holy smokes it is bad.  I had no idea what the stench was..was walking around with a candle trying to figure it out (first night power was out).  I had to have the medics come up and give my DD a breathing treatment due to her having pneumonia and no power= no nebulizer.  The medic actually told me it was stink bug stench.  3 hours later we could STILL smell it.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #13343 on: October 05, 2013, 03:19:10 AM »

Awww shucks.  I just love me a good research challenge :)

I had to work 2nd shift so I wasn't able to show this to Daddy today but rest assured he will see it!

Stupid people are working my nerves today. We had a lady try to pass a racially offensive counterfeit 20 dollar bill at my store earlier.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #13344 on: October 05, 2013, 05:03:25 AM »
My postman when delivering parcels too big for my letterbox.

He knocks at my door like there is an emergency (BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG as I'm yelling "I'm coming, I'm coming" while running) which makes me jump and frightens the life out of me.

Then when I open the door he shoves the parcel through the crack right into my face!   >:(

squeakers

« Reply #13345 on: October 05, 2013, 05:58:18 AM »

We are still dealing with the Japanese beetles in bags and soap spray, have the Asian ladybugs almost under control, and now we got more infestation coming?

Thanks a lot, friends.

If someone is NE Iowa, we are just a hundred miles SE of you. Fair warning: we don't need stinkbugs! The Japanese beetles smell bad enough - I hate to think what a bag of your little brown varmits smell like! I squished one once, so I remember!

No bugs to speak of over here.  But I guess the Ash borer bug has shown up here.  Didn't pay it much mind since we cut our 2 Ash trees down almost a decade ago.

*Odd, cos we usually have the beetles (Asian and Japanese), potato, mosquito, regular flies. Only thing buggin' us (heh) is fruit flies but that's cos we have a Parrot.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #13346 on: October 05, 2013, 06:38:34 AM »
The fact that AAA uses your area code to determine where you are and sends you to that regional office. This may have worked back when everyone was using a landline and so, the area code really was where you were. Nowadays, of course, the area code on a cell phone likely has NOTHING WHATEVER to do with where you are.

I managed to lock myself out of my car for the first time in about 10 years the other weekend. I'm in Virginia, my cell phone still has my number from Los Angeles. I called AAA to come let me into my car. Got put on hold for 20 minutes. A nice woman comes on the line, gets my member #, car info, etc. etc. and finally asks what city I'm in. I tell her. She gets all confused and we go back and forth in a completely non-productive conversation for about another 5 minutes, before I finally say that I'm in My City VIRGINIA. Oh! she says, this is the Southern California office, you want Mid-Atlantic. I'll transfer you.

So I spend another 20 minutes on hold before getting the nice person in the Mid-Atlantic office and they managed to send out a locksmith for me, who then made a number of fairly offensive sexist/racist comments to me while opening my car.

Fortunately, there was a restaurant next-door, so I was able to have lunch while waiting around. The whole incident took about an hour and a half from the time I realized I'd locked myself out.
My insurance company's roadside insurance company has a similar problem. They were unprofessional enough to let me know they were unhappy with the service guy's ETA. He was not that far away.

Given traffic on a Saturday, in a shopping area, in Houston he was being very reasonable.

They were also irritated that I said I was going to wait in the book store. It was easily 100 with the heat index on that parking lot. You practically needed scuba gear to breath outside that day the water just hung in the air.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13347 on: October 05, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »

Thanks a lot, friends.

My bff is in central eastern Iowa and she complains of those Asiatic beetles and says her cats won't even mess with them.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

squeakers

« Reply #13348 on: October 05, 2013, 07:59:37 AM »

Thanks a lot, friends.

My bff is in central eastern Iowa and she complains of those Asiatic beetles and says her cats won't even mess with them.

None to speak of this year so far.  And can't get much more NE Iowa than where I am (close to the 61 Drive In ;)

A small spate of Buffalo Gnats... but not much else.  No Box Elder bugs, no Asian beetles (look like Lady Bugs but stink to high heaven when squished or die on their own and are orange vs red),  no mosquitoes, no ants, no weird "river bugs" (which is our term for any bug I have never seen before and can't find despite my google skills).

It's weird.  Especially as we live in a river woods... and the same is holding true to a hill out up above all others and far from the river ecosystem.

But we are looking at (according to the almanac) a severe winter: loads of snow... no idea on the temps.

After the drought we have done for the last 2 years snow will be welcome.  The floods not so much but if you live in a flood plain you put up with them.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13349 on: October 05, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
"Did you buy anymore syrup?"

Why no, dear, I did not because guess what? I don't use the syrup and no one informed me that we were out of it, and the way things work is this, oh males of the house.  You want something from the store, you have to COMMUNICATE with the one doing the shopping!!!!

Grrrr!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata