Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1705251 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13470 on: October 16, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »
So hosting is now defined as 'chivvying somebody else into doing all the work and expenditure, and taking all the credit for it'?   ::)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13471 on: October 16, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »
Apparently! I was a bit astonished at the whole exchange. Nearly every interaction with H lately has ended in a PA move.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #13472 on: October 16, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »
The last time I got called out for special teams it was on both of my days off.  Guess when it is this time?  One of my days off.  I honestly don't mind getting activated on my day off, it's that I haven't had a day off to actually accomplish anything in a long while.  I had so many things planned and scheduled for tomorrow and now I have to put them off again.  Booooooo.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13473 on: October 17, 2013, 02:20:09 AM »
How does he expect me to ice a cake with a 1 inch hole in the top??? What did he use to check it was done a spoon and inspection lamp???

Is your husband named Cliff Huxtable and did you check to see if he filled the hollowed cake hole with a paper towel ?

I had bought a spray bottle of Extra Strength Original Febreze, because the store was out of plain old Original Febreze. I'm one of those weird people who likes the scent of Febreze. It smelled pretty good when I spritzed it at the store. But when I used the spray at home, what a nightmare! It was so strong that I had to open a window and leave the room because I could barely breath. It was like choking on a huge perfume cloud. I didn't even spray that much out!  The smell really clung to my clothes. I tried the bottle out a second time later in the week and it was still too overpowering  :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:21:40 AM by TeamBhakta »

Leafy

« Reply #13474 on: October 17, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »
How does he expect me to ice a cake with a 1 inch hole in the top??? What did he use to check it was done a spoon and inspection lamp???

Is your husband named Cliff Huxtable and did you check to see if he filled the hollowed cake hole with a paper towel ?

I had bought a spray bottle of Extra Strength Original Febreze, because the store was out of plain old Original Febreze. I'm one of those weird people who likes the scent of Febreze. It smelled pretty good when I spritzed it at the store. But when I used the spray at home, what a nightmare! It was so strong that I had to open a window and leave the room because I could barely breath. It was like choking on a huge perfume cloud. I didn't even spray that much out!  The smell really clung to my clothes. I tried the bottle out a second time later in the week and it was still too overpowering  :P

I call that being perfumigated.

BarensMom

« Reply #13475 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:01 AM »

Uuuuh, it's Extra Strength Original Febreze. ;D

Carotte

« Reply #13476 on: October 17, 2013, 05:54:22 AM »
Arrgg, it ends well, but Arrgg nonetheless.
Yesterday and since my Kobo (kinda like a Kindle Fire) wasn't responsive I did a factory reset, wipped everything, and was ready to start fresh.
The fifth and final set-up page asks you for your kobo account or to open one, and that wouldn't have been a problem if the keypad had actually fonctionned.
As it was I think there was a problem with the typing field (where you put your adress/password) and the pad or whathave you.
Multiple resets, data wipe, and reboots later and it's still not working.
E-mail support is useless so I resign myself to calling tomorrow.
It should still be under warranty but it was my dad's Kobo, I'm not sure he keept everything since it was a gift and anyway he's traveling for business. So not end of the world but no e-reader for a while.

Enter my SO, who barely touches the screen and Bam, everything works  >:(
I'm wondering if I should just let him handle everything, I had trouble using Calibre to load in ebooks, since he uses it too maybe I should if it means it works with him.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13477 on: October 17, 2013, 06:36:25 AM »
One of the little reasons I stopped reading tabloids is an annoyance at how, no matter how slightly a woman's abdomen may be rounded, suddenly they're calling it a baby bump.

For pete's sake, the tummy I have left over from having 3 kids is bigger than those "baby bumps".
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Shalamar

« Reply #13478 on: October 17, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »
Same here!  I'm glad that I'm almost 50 - no-one accuses ME of having a "baby bump" anymore.

My "thing that drives you up the wall" today is people who come to my cubicle, stand in the doorway until I notice them, then say "Knock knock."  I already know you're there, thanks.

alkira6

« Reply #13479 on: October 17, 2013, 11:03:17 AM »

Uuuuh, it's Extra Strength Original Febreze. ;D

Congratulations! You now have Febreeze concentrate!  Get an empty spray bottle from your nearest dollar store or recycle your old Febreeze bottle.  Pour in the extra strength and plain water in a 3:1 ratio (3 parts water, 1 part frebreeze).  This strength works for me.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13480 on: October 17, 2013, 11:30:44 AM »
The thick-headedness of some internet users.

BG: I play a MMO, like many people.  Yesterday, it patched, and my anti-virus (which is popular) had a fit.  Every time the game would create the .exe to run the game, the AV would nuke it, thinking it was a virus.  There's nothing wrong with the .exe, it's the AV being obnoxiously oversensitive, like a car alarm in the middle of the night because a large vehicle drove to close to it.  End BG

I found out that the AV was the problem due to the forums for the game, and most people took in stride, although there were a few people chiding the game company, as if they could have done anything differently.  The fix, for now, seems to be to add an exception for the AV to tell it "hey, this game isn't a virus, so stop doing stuff in that folder."  One guy posted, basically the following:

"I keep trying to install, and it keeps failing.  I'm not adding an exception to the AV, because that's never been a problem before, but it keeps failing, so what are YOU going to do about it?"   ::)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13481 on: October 17, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
The auto suggestions on search engines!

I very specifically entered "Jacksonville IL" and it gave me 7 Florida sites and another state before it listed Illinois.

Just now, "Nashvile IN' tried to send me to Tennessee.

I don't care if those other places are bigger and more commonly looked for! I know what state I want and don't need to scroll through dozens of other states.   >:(

Betelnut

« Reply #13482 on: October 17, 2013, 01:46:08 PM »
It is sort of warm and humid today.  Dang it weather--it is almost Halloween, get cool already!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

workerbee

« Reply #13483 on: October 17, 2013, 01:52:36 PM »
When I'm having an incredibly busy week managing a huge project with very little help from anyone else in the office, and at our weekly staff meeting my co-worker feels the need to tell everyone how her one tiny little assignment that she has been working on for MONTHS is "keeping her SO busy."

I actually don't mind the work - I'm more productive when I'm busy anyway - but for some reason this type of comment (a habit of hers anyway) gets on my nerves every time!

lilfox

« Reply #13484 on: October 17, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
I had to start weekly medical appointments last week.  I just now found out I need a different kind of weekly medical appointment at the same clinic, but they can't be on the same day.  At least the problem will resolve itself in 5 weeks.