Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1559808 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13485 on: October 18, 2013, 12:15:04 AM »
I had to start weekly medical appointments last week.  I just now found out I need a different kind of weekly medical appointment at the same clinic, but they can't be on the same day.  At least the problem will resolve itself in 5 weeks.

Aaaarrrrgh! You don't need anymore crap!!! Ombudsman is your friend. Can you find one within the clinic/ medical complex?

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13486 on: October 20, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
Undergarment shopping...

Thankfully, I did finally find something, but boy, it was an exercise in frustration.  In the past 2 weeks, I've been to at least 4 stores, been there at least 2-3 hours and must have tried on 20+ bras each time.  I've always had trouble finding bras, but it was actually easier when I weighed more.  I guess not many manufacturers think a woman can have above a DDD/F cup and not have at least a 38/40 band.

I am a weird size and no style bra fits me the same, so ordering on-line is out unless I want to order 3 different sizes in each style and send back a ton of stuff.

I know my friends mean well, but they all kept insisting I go to VS to get a fitting (ha, ha, ha, ha).  I haven't been able to fit in a VS bra since I was like 13 or 14. VS would laugh me out of their store.  Heck, I haven't been able to get into a Fredrick's bra since I was 17/18.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13487 on: October 20, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
I don't know if this was raised here  but - when people don't read an ad through. I'm not talking about reading a 20 page scientific text. I'm talking about basics - like reading a "want" ad. or a hotel ad.

WANT AD: If we publish an ad that says "your duties will include X" and you CANNOT do X (not "will not" but physically/morally CANNOT), then don't waste our time by applying to the job, coming for an interview, and then saying "oh but I can't do X". (yes, we prescreen, and yes this was clarified over the phone and they still showed up).

HOTEL: if it says "this is a youth hostel; bathrooms are located at the end of each corridor" then don't complain on a travelers forum that "bathrooms were located on each floor but not in the room". yes, it SAID SO on their web site when you made the reservation. and I understand that it's annoying that the rooms didn't have a shower in them, but you knew that coming through the door. or if it says that check in is at X o'clock and check out is at Y o'clock - don't complain that... check in was so late. it's written on the web site (plus, those are pretty standard terms). this annoys me bcause i read those reviews to see if i want to take a certain hotel and the *didn't read the terms all the way through* crowd really change the overall review score unfairly.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Snooks

« Reply #13488 on: October 20, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »
Shops who claim they do jeans to suit "all sizes", you may well do that but it's no use to me if you only do the cut that fits me in a colour/style I hate.  Levis - they have three different "curves" but only sell one style of jeans in the curve that fits me.  It's the curviest style they do and they're flipping skinny jeans, I swear I had to peel them off my calves.  While I'm on the topic of jeans, I tried on the same size (waist in inches) jeans in two shops, one hung off me and the other wouldn't go past my thighs.  I strongly suspect I will never find any jeans ever again.  I know what I need but no-one makes them.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13489 on: October 20, 2013, 10:47:45 AM »
I gave up on women's jeans years ago.

Have you tried relaxed fit men's jeans?  They just might work. 

Snooks

« Reply #13490 on: October 20, 2013, 10:55:34 AM »

I can't find men's jeans with a small enough waist :(

nayberry

« Reply #13491 on: October 20, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »

+1      i wear means jeans and unless more womens jeans are on waist i'll be wearing mens ones for a long time to come

eta - i'm going to be a tiny bit jealous at your tiny waist! 

Snooks

« Reply #13492 on: October 20, 2013, 11:01:16 AM »

+1      i wear means jeans and unless more womens jeans are on waist i'll be wearing mens ones for a long time to come

Unfortunately it comes with ginormous hips, hence the issue with women's jeans.

nayberry

« Reply #13493 on: October 20, 2013, 11:05:47 AM »

Unfortunately it comes with ginormous hips, hence the issue with women's jeans.

i have a friend with that issue,  thinking about it, she has adjusted some of her jeans to have a stretchy patch on each side so they fit her legs but also her waist,  she is very handy with a needle so did it herself, but getting them adjusted might be an option you could think of using.

andi

« Reply #13494 on: October 20, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »
Try the "boy" or "young men's"/junior guys" department - they usually have the smaller waist sizes

caz

« Reply #13495 on: October 21, 2013, 07:30:53 AM »
Undergarment shopping...

Thankfully, I did finally find something, but boy, it was an exercise in frustration.  In the past 2 weeks, I've been to at least 4 stores, been there at least 2-3 hours and must have tried on 20+ bras each time.  I've always had trouble finding bras, but it was actually easier when I weighed more.  I guess not many manufacturers think a woman can have above a DDD/F cup and not have at least a 38/40 band.

I am a weird size and no style bra fits me the same, so ordering on-line is out unless I want to order 3 different sizes in each style and send back a ton of stuff.

I know my friends mean well, but they all kept insisting I go to VS to get a fitting (ha, ha, ha, ha).  I haven't been able to fit in a VS bra since I was like 13 or 14. VS would laugh me out of their store.  Heck, I haven't been able to get into a Fredrick's bra since I was 17/18.

Are you in the US, Dazi?  I'm an odd size too - I do find the online stores (with cheap returns!) the best but if you're in the UK or Oz, I can give you a few good stores.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13496 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »
Undergarment shopping...

Are you in the US, Dazi?  I'm an odd size too - I do find the on-line stores (with cheap returns!) the best but if you're in the UK or Oz, I can give you a few good stores.

I'm in the US.  Currently, I can occasionally find bras at Lane Bryant and Dillard's.  I did google to see if there were in any other brick and mortar stores that carry my size and found Soma has a store in St. Augustine and near Orlando...it's a bit of a drive, but I really cannot buy bras on-line since I have to try them on (total of 4 stores, over 80 bras and there was  only 1 that fit me properly).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Sheila Take a Bow

• Formerly arija but I felt like a name change.
« Reply #13497 on: October 21, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »
When my daughter Peanut hangs around her friends, their parents always comment about how wonderful it is to have Peanut around because she's so polite and respectful and she makes their children behave better.

So why is it that when we bring her home from hanging around with her friends, she's demanding and obnoxious?  Sometimes I wonder if I accidentally left my polite, respectful child at her friend's house and brought back the wrong kid.

Snooks

« Reply #13498 on: October 21, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »
When my daughter Peanut hangs around her friends, their parents always comment about how wonderful it is to have Peanut around because she's so polite and respectful and she makes their children behave better.

So why is it that when we bring her home from hanging around with her friends, she's demanding and obnoxious?  Sometimes I wonder if I accidentally left my polite, respectful child at her friend's house and brought back the wrong kid.

You should see if you can find any of the Harry Enfield Kevin/Perry sketches on YouTube, especially if you can find one with Perry on the phone to his mum.  My internet's playing up otherwise I'd go searching for you.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #13499 on: October 21, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »

I get the same thing.  I think they use up all of their "polite and respectful" while we're out and I'm left with the "surly and ornery."