Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1789621 times)

mmswm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13560 on: October 26, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »
My car, at the moment. I am sort of stranded in Key a West. I tried to leave this morning. My car broke down about ten miles north. Thankfully the friend I was staying with is awesome and doesn't mind me staying another night. I had to have it towed back then I bought the parts I need to fix it, but it was already dark by the time I got them, so I will deal with it in the morning.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13561 on: October 26, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
I think you should thank your car! I mean, if you are going to be stranded, where else could be better?

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13562 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:30 AM »
Ladies, would you like to form a mob with me and take down my (not-so) DH?

This morning I was complaining that I'd found a hole in my bra, he told me I need to buy a new bra.  I pointed out that I had tried but they'd discontinued the style and even the replacement style that was twice the price of the bras I really liked and was lauded as the store's next great thing had been discontinued.  His response was that I was making it far too difficult and all I had to do was go into the shop and get a bra in my size.  I explained they make bras in different styles and materials, he said I should just ask what they'd replaced the style I liked with, again I pointed out it wasn't that easy because by the very nature of replacing a style they make changes which can change how the bra sits.  He replied I was making it too complicated.  I'm thinking of strangling him with my (holey) bra.
well, i'm no longer married but i remember having discussions about bathing suits... (and don't get me started on tampons and pads...)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Redsoil

« Reply #13563 on: October 27, 2013, 04:15:24 AM »
Makes me thankful that my hubby "gets" it with regard to clothes and fit!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

mmswm

« Reply #13564 on: October 27, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »
I think you should thank your car! I mean, if you are going to be stranded, where else could be better?

There is that, but it was the final Saturday of Fantasy Fest, which means the place was packed, and I don't really like crowds all that much.  Thursday and Friday was enough for me.  I did go back into old town and hung out for a little bit, but my friend wound up giving me his car and house keys  so I could go back and go to sleep. It actually worked out pretty well, since he had his bicycle in that part of town and there was some question about how he was going to get both the car and the bike home. 

Anyway, I am home safely.  My car still needs work, but I was able to get it to where it would make the 125 mile drive without stressing me out or leaving me stranded.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13565 on: October 27, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
The way fitted sheets are being made today, not to mention that none are being made any more for mattresses that are not extra deep.

Just tried to put new sheets on my bed and the elastic goes all around the sheet edge; you can't tell where the corners are anymore.  It's also almost impossible to shove the excess fabric between the mattress and box spring and have it stay put.  It would almost be better to make all sheets flat and do hospital corners.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13566 on: October 27, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
Ladies, would you like to form a mob with me and take down my (not-so) DH?

This morning I was complaining that I'd found a hole in my bra, he told me I need to buy a new bra.  I pointed out that I had tried but they'd discontinued the style and even the replacement style that was twice the price of the bras I really liked and was lauded as the store's next great thing had been discontinued.  His response was that I was making it far too difficult and all I had to do was go into the shop and get a bra in my size.  I explained they make bras in different styles and materials, he said I should just ask what they'd replaced the style I liked with, again I pointed out it wasn't that easy because by the very nature of replacing a style they make changes which can change how the bra sits.  He replied I was making it too complicated.  I'm thinking of strangling him with my (holey) bra.
well, i'm no longer married but i remember having discussions about bathing suits... (and don't get me started on tampons and pads...)

Please be gentle.  Most men have no idea about the convolutions women face when buying clothes. 

When men buy pants they buy by waist and inseam size.  Dress shirts are bought by sleeve length and collar size.  Everything else except shoes  is usually small, medium or large.  They can go into a store, grab things off the shelf and look good with ten minutes of shopping. 

With women,it isn't a case of being picky.  It's all too often a case of finding something that doesn't make you look like a bag tied in the middle or what a friend once described as 'Gowns by Oscar Meyer'. 

Elisabunny

« Reply #13567 on: October 27, 2013, 08:04:56 PM »
Didn't someone here once cite a study that men come in only 5 or 6 basic body types, while women come in about ten times that number?

I, too, have a waist-hip ratio that is not approved of by the fashion industry.  I have two pairs of curvy-fit slacks I bought from L.L. Bean.  They sit in my closet for when I really, really need to be wearing trousers.  Except for those rare times, I wear skirts.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #13568 on: October 27, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
This monstrous head and chest cold that refuses to bugger off!

I know exactly where I caught it and it was from someone who should not have been at the hospital to visit a patient! I will know who to blame if I see a wave of bad colds once I'm recovered and return to work.

Meanwhile, I'll use the vacuum cleaner on my sinuses...
Who is the Doctor?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13569 on: October 27, 2013, 08:38:17 PM »
People who swipe the coupons out of the Sunday paper, leaving the paper behind in the store. This usually seems to happen when the papers are in a location where the employees can't really watch them.

Course funny thing is, on my way out a woman offered me a bag of coupons she has no use for!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13570 on: October 27, 2013, 08:45:14 PM »
Didn't someone here once cite a study that men come in only 5 or 6 basic body types, while women come in about ten times that number?

I, too, have a waist-hip ratio that is not approved of by the fashion industry.  I have two pairs of curvy-fit slacks I bought from L.L. Bean.  They sit in my closet for when I really, really need to be wearing trousers.  Except for those rare times, I wear skirts.

Ugh.  I have trouble with waist gap, but skirts don't work so well either.  I've been gifted with abundant booty so skirts are several inches shorter in the back than the front...and by several inches, I mean at least 6.  It looks just ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on skinny leg jeans.  I have thighs and they are not small.  ***If I could manage to get into a pair of skinny leg jeans big enough to accommodate my thighs, butt, and hips, I would have at least 10 inches of excess material jutting out at the small of my back plus some around the front (or as my DH put it when I showed him this hilarity "Wow, my whole head could fit in that gap!".  ::)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

andi

« Reply #13571 on: October 27, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
The way fitted sheets are being made today, not to mention that none are being made any more for mattresses that are not extra deep.

Just tried to put new sheets on my bed and the elastic goes all around the sheet edge; you can't tell where the corners are anymore.  It's also almost impossible to shove the excess fabric between the mattress and box spring and have it stay put.  It would almost be better to make all sheets flat and do hospital corners.

Try Ikea - Ive sent a few people over there since our sheet depth starts around 16-18 inches.

nuit93

« Reply #13572 on: October 28, 2013, 01:12:25 AM »

Ugh.  I have trouble with waist gap, but skirts don't work so well either.  I've been gifted with abundant booty so skirts are several inches shorter in the back than the front...and by several inches, I mean at least 6.  It looks just ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on skinny leg jeans.  I have thighs and they are not small.  ***If I could manage to get into a pair of skinny leg jeans big enough to accommodate my thighs, butt, and hips, I would have at least 10 inches of excess material jutting out at the small of my back plus some around the front (or as my DH put it when I showed him this hilarity "Wow, my whole head could fit in that gap!".  ::)

I have the curviness too, since Lane Bryant discontinued the one brand of jeans that fit me I've had a nightmare of a time finding a new source.

There's got to be a way to get rid of the gap in the back of my jeans.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13573 on: October 28, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »
My children not taking my word on things. 

Yesterday our church had a Halloween party after the service and the older kids set up a haunted house on the stage of the hall.  From what I could tell, they did a great job of it.   My youngest usually tends to be pretty fearless so I thought I'd see how he'd handle it.

Well, once we saw the spider webs stretched across, with it being dark and such, he started crying so I took him out.

Then my middle son says "I want to take Piratebabe through!" I told him no, he didn't like it, he'll cry.  "But the lights are on, it won't be so scary!" He scoops up  his little brother and takes him in through the stage curtains and I hear "WAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!" And Pirateboy2 says "I couldn't even get him in to actually see anything..."

Told ya so...
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Adelaide

« Reply #13574 on: October 28, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
I hate those "Your workout is our warmup" shirts. As someone who went from about 33% bodyfat to a decent athlete, I couldn't imagine wearing one, because I've been in the position of being the slowest/most easily-fatigued person in the room. There's just something so superior about them.  It's a moot point that there's always someone better than you and always someone worse than you, but I don't see the need to draw attention to it.